Author Topic: 2014 Wacky Packages Chrome  (Read 41448 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: 2014 Wacky Packages Chrome
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2014, 06:10:29 AM »
Just saw this picture of retail boxes at madal.com
I really hope they didn't change the wrapper design to go with this one, it's godawful!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2014, 09:19:58 AM »
I really hope they didn't change the wrapper design to go with this one, it's godawful!

looks like they did - the 1st one was the Die Cut wrapper - this one looks like it has the Giant on the front from Series 2...1st one was SO much nicer...leave it to Topps... :sad: :sad:

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »

>(  >(  >(

Why did they do that omg??!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

Looking at the differences between this and Fanatical's initial post

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2014, 03:16:54 PM »
i think the only difference was that hobby had the golds and superfractors . also there are many superfractors out there that havent even been pulled yet .

I just did a search for GPK Superfractor on ebay and those are wild!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2014, 06:26:26 PM »
>(  >(  >(

Why did they do that omg??!

Maybe they want us all to "Give Peas A Chance"   :]

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2014, 08:01:57 PM »
Will these be available at Walmart and Target? Also will there be Gravity Feed boxes?

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »
Will these be available at Walmart and Target? Also will there be Gravity Feed boxes?

my guess - yes, yes, and yes - as the gpk's have shown up like that

Offline havok77

« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
my guess is that maybe there using different art for retail ? who knows. you can never realy go by what the sell sheet shows you .

but that new image of the pack , looks like them packs get hung up on display ?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:48:32 PM by havok77 »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2014, 03:26:18 AM »
my guess is that maybe there using different art for retail ? who knows. you can never realy go by what the sell sheet shows you .

but that new image of the pack , looks like them packs get hung up on display ?

Really hoping for the first info sticking on the hobby boxes. It would make sense to go with a three pack across box for chrome hobby like they did with ANS 10 and 11 Hobby. If they actually do two completely different boxes/ packs for hobby / retail that will make the hobby that much more collectable. I can't recall a release where totally different art was used for hobby/ retail on both boxes and packs. Can anyone recall an instance of that happening?

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2014, 05:20:46 AM »
There is also maybe a possibility of a hanging peg retail version too. Target displays those in two different areas, the card section and toy section as an end cap

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2014, 06:53:20 AM »
I can't recall a release where totally different art was used for hobby/ retail on both boxes and packs.
Can anyone recall an instance of that happening?
Yes.
On both ans 10 and ans 11

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2014, 07:08:09 AM »
this may have been mentioned or already asked, but have we confirmed
that there will be both hobby and collector's boxes for the Chrome set?

If so, I've only seen a pre-order for the hobby boxes.  Anyone able to pre-order
the other stuff yet? 

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2014, 07:19:26 AM »

If so, I've only seen a pre-order for the hobby boxes.  Anyone able to pre-order
the other stuff yet? 

There's only HOBBY and RETAIL Boxes on WP Chrome...collectors is for WP 2014 series1 maybe?

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2014, 07:29:24 AM »

the other stuff yet? 
retail pre-order was listed on that mad al site mentioned above. I'm sure others will have them as well eventually. It's still 4 months out.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
Yes.
On both ans 10 and ans 11

I did not think that art differed between retail and hobby for ANS 10 and 11.

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »
I did not think that art differed between retail and hobby for ANS 10 and 11.
you're right, the Collector and retail/hobby differed.
Not clear to me that the 3-wide box is something other than collector though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:37:56 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2014, 04:56:15 PM »
your right, the Collector and retail/hobby differed.
Not clear to me that the 3-wide box is something other than collector though.

There were variation boxes, but not packs, for the Mars Attacks set that released 2 years ago.
Alex

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
If they do go with the first pic for Hobby and the new pic for Retail that does make sense when you consider that Hobby is for the older/ long time WP crowd who could appreciate and relate to the box/ pack art while the Retail Box / Pack art may go over pretty well with kids of today.

Offline havok77

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:20 PM »
yeah , it looks like the new art of that pack is defenetly to be placed on pegs .also retail boxes are usualy a different size then hobby .

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2014, 02:59:07 AM »
Can someone comment on the different box configurations for GPK Chrome? I think besides retail/ hobby they had something called blaster boxes which came with exclusive refractors. I guess those were like the bonus boxes we have seen with Wacky's. Just trying to figure out what options we will have.

Offline havok77

« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »
bonus boxes had a pack of x fractors which were very cool . rack packs , had  cracked ice cards...i think thats what they were called , also those were very nice .

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2014, 02:19:00 PM »
bonus boxes had a pack of x fractors which were very cool . rack packs , had  cracked ice cards...i think thats what they were called , also those were very nice .

I was just looking at the GPK Chrome set yesterday, trying to catch up on the latest releases. I think people were also calling the cracked ice cards, "atomic refractors".  It was a little difficult to keep straight in that people selling on ebay were using several different terms for the same type of cards. And Topps' description on their site does not really spell it all out.
 I was left with the impression there are:
- chrome refractors or reflectors (base cards)
- Atomic refractors  (cracked ice pattern)
- Prism refractors (herring bone pattern)
- Xfractor (checkerboard pattern)
- Super Refractor (sunburst pattern... these must be ultra-rare as sellers are asking about $1000 per card  :o)
- Gold refractors (seem to be gold bordered base cards to me).
- Silver refractors (seem to be silver bordered base cards to me).

I suppose we can expect something similar for the WP chrome offering.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:28:55 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2014, 06:01:51 AM »
I was just looking at the GPK Chrome set yesterday, trying to catch up on the latest releases. I think people were also calling the cracked ice cards, "atomic refractors".  It was a little difficult to keep straight in that people selling on ebay were using several different terms for the same type of cards. And Topps' description on their site does not really spell it all out.
 I was left with the impression there are:
- chrome refractors or reflectors (base cards)
- Atomic refractors  (cracked ice pattern)
- Prism refractors (herring bone pattern)
- Xfractor (checkerboard pattern)
- Gold refractors (seem to be gold bordered base cards to me).
- Silver refractors (seem to be silver bordered base cards to me).

I suppose we can expect something similar for the WP chrome offering.

You forgot the Blue Refractors...
any Bonus cards??

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2014, 04:46:27 PM »
Topps Wacky Packages - Chrome Series 1 - BLASTER BOX (8 Packs)(Pre-order Ships July)
Topps Chrome Series 1 Wacky Packages!
 This for a sealed blaster box. It contains 7 packs and 1 exclusive pack.   $22.99

Found this on a site called bbtoystore.com     

Came to $30.00 with shipping for one Blaster Box. I passed for now. They charge shipping plus state sales tax.

It looks like each blaster box will have a pack of 4 exclusive refractor cards. Can anyone comment on the way it was done with GPK Blaster Boxes?

The refractors in those boxes were pretty limited right?

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »

Blowout Cards:                          12 Box Case $739.95 ($61.66 per box)   24 Pack Box $64.95
looks like blowout changed their prices. a bit lower now

12 box case $709.95  24 pack box $60.95

Offline havok77

« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2014, 09:45:03 PM »
Topps Wacky Packages - Chrome Series 1 - BLASTER BOX (8 Packs)(Pre-order Ships July)
 This for a sealed blaster box. It contains 7 packs and 1 exclusive pack.   $22.99

Came to $30.00 with shipping for one Blaster Box. I passed for now. They charge shipping plus state sales tax.

It looks like each blaster box will have a pack of 4 exclusive refractor cards. Can anyone comment on the way it was done with GPK Blaster Boxes?

well i defenetly want a couple of cases of the bonus boxes , but that price is defenetly too high .i will wait for other sites to post there prices .

Offline Swiski

« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »

Don't these usually retail for a lot less $ at Targets and Walmarts?

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2014, 09:18:46 AM »
Don't these usually retail for a lot less $ at Targets and Walmarts?

yes those are the regular series Wacky BB's...these are chrome so they are more...they might end up being $25 if they have them @ Target and Wmart

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2014, 02:54:43 PM »
BBtoystore.com  has Free Shipping on orders over $29 when you sign up for their email newsletter.

I tried to order a few Blaster Boxes but had trouble with their checkout system.  Another day maybe I will succeed.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2014, 06:38:06 PM »
BBtoystore.com  has Free Shipping on orders over $29 when you sign up for their email newsletter.

I tried to order a few Blaster Boxes but had trouble with their checkout system.  Another day maybe I will succeed.

This place also has an awesome price, just $55, for a 24 pack box.  I haven't tried to order just yet as I'm still trying to decide what my strategy will be for this series, but it's the best price I've seen.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »
This place also has an awesome price, just $55, for a 24 pack box.  I haven't tried to order just yet as I'm still trying to decide what my strategy will be for this series, but it's the best price I've seen.

Those look to be the retail boxes.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
Those look to be the retail boxes.

I guess I'm just not paying close attention these days.  What's the difference between the retail and other (not sure what the "other" one is called) type of box?  Is it simply the configuration (two vs three rows)?

Also, and perhaps GPK collectors would be best to answer this, does anyone know how many different bonus cards tend to be available in the bonus/blaster boxes?  The one advertised on this site says there are four bonus stickers in the box.  If there were only four bonus cards total, then one bonus/blaster box would complete the set.  If there are more, then how many typically are in a set like this?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2014, 07:23:09 PM »
I guess I'm just not paying close attention these days.  What's the difference between the retail and other (not sure what the "other" one is called) type of box?  Is it simply the configuration (two vs three rows)?

Also, and perhaps GPK collectors would be best to answer this, does anyone know how many different bonus cards tend to be available in the bonus/blaster boxes?  The one advertised on this site says there are four bonus stickers in the box.  If there were only four bonus cards total, then one bonus/blaster box would complete the set.  If there are more, then how many typically are in a set like this?
  Hobby boxes will have Blue and Gold Refractor cards limited to 50 Blue  and 25  Gold of each base title so they are pretty limited. From what I read the GPK Blaster Boxes had Exclusive refractors limited to 50 made of each base card. I could be mistaken on that figure.  So if they follow the GPK model there will be another type of refractor yet to be disclosed in those boxes that will be pretty limited. If that is the case I would be set with one blaster box to just get a few examples of the special refractors.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »
  Hobby boxes will have Blue and Gold Refractor cards limited to 50 Blue  and 25  Gold of each base title so they are pretty limited. From what I read the GPK Blaster Boxes had Exclusive refractors limited to 50 made of each base card. I could be mistaken on that figure.  So if they follow the GPK model there will be another type of refractor yet to be disclosed in those boxes that will be pretty limited. If that is the case I would be set with one blaster box to just get a few examples of the special refractors.

Thanks for the info. I kinda just ignore the "only x number of such and such type of card as I figure I'll never get one.  And, if I did, I'd sell it.  However, I am enough of a completist that I don't want to miss out on a completely different image/title.  All these different boxes make my head spin and I guess that's indicative of why I don't follow all this too closely.  It diminishes my interest in collecting when I need to quit my day job to figure out all the possibilities/permutations.  At the very least it would be nice if Topps was crystal clear about what types of cards were in which boxes.  It would certainly make the decision easier if I knew exactly what was where.

anything