Author Topic: original series boxes Full 1-16  (Read 4958 times)

Offline ghoulhumor

original series boxes Full 1-16
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:07:44 AM »
Does anybody have ANY for sale?????? Will pay top dollar

Offline Kook

Re: original series boxes Full 1-16
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:20:59 AM »
Does anybody have ANY for sale?????? Will pay top dollar

I have many os boxes available for sale. They're empty though. Some full OPC boxes though. I'm selling off my box collection. Please PM if interested & I'll send pics.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »
I have many os boxes available for sale. They're empty though. Some full OPC boxes though. I'm selling off my box collection. Please PM if interested & I'll send pics.

PM sent.

Offline ghoulhumor

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »
All I'm getting is offers for empty boxes? NOBODY on this site has any OS full boxes for sale...I thought for sure I could find some here because none ever come up on eBay!!!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:13:16 AM »
All I'm getting is offers for empty boxes? NOBODY on this site has any OS full boxes for sale...I thought for sure I could find some here because none ever come up on eBay!!!

They really don't grow on trees. For series 4 and earlier, there has never been a full box on ebay to my knowledge. At one
point I owned 10 full boxes, and not one of them was purchased on ebay. Almost all of them were obtained from long term hobby
connections/friends by being in the right place at the right time. Other than the most common series (7, 10, 14) which do come up on ebay now and then, that's pretty much the only way to do it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:17:17 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »
They really don't grow on trees. For series 4 and earlier, there has never been a full box on ebay to my knowledge. At one
point I owned 10 full boxes, and not one of them was purchased on ebay. Almost all of them were obtained from long term hobby
connections/friends by being in the right place at the right time. Other than the most common series (7, 10, 14) which do come up on ebay now and then, that's pretty much the only way to do it.

I had a full box of series 15 when I was a kid, but it didn't last long.........  Have never seen a full box of Wackys in person since then.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
I had a full box of series 15 when I was a kid, but it didn't last long.........  Have never seen a full box of Wackys in person since then.

I saw a full box, think it was series 4 or 5 or 6, and it was encapsulated, of all things, at a comic show a few years back. In fact, it was at this show that I saw my first FB series one gold, as the series had just come out a few weeks earlier. The box was $400 and the golds were $150 each!
A

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »

Descriptions like this remind me of the parts of collecting I love the most. It's all a bit romanticized but the hunting, the personal relationships required...it's more than just simple commerce required.  These items are exotic beasts.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline ghoulhumor

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »
I actually had a series 3 box that I sold on eBay around 2000. Also sold a 13,15 and 12 around the same time. Only one I have left is a 7 . Financial issues forced me to sell them and now things are good again so I want to see what boxes I can reaquire. I didn't realize how scarce they are!!!!!

Offline landoquakes

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »
You might have to do some real sleuthing to find these. It's been a long time since I've seen a full box. Probably at the big wacky gathering in '04. I would send Greg Grant an e-mail, put an ad in the Wrapper (long shot) Send the folks an e-mail at Non Sport Update. With luck, patience and $$$$ you may still find them. I think many were packed out over the past 10 years. You may be able to rebuild a 7th series.