Author Topic: What is it worth??????  (Read 5800 times)

Offline ghoulhumor

What is it worth??????
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:11:25 PM »
I have a FULL box of 1974 series 7 wacky packages in the box w/o titles. can somebody help me figure its value please? Its in fairly nice shape for being 40 yrs old. I have searched high and low all over the internet for original full boxes for sale or just price guides and have had 0 results! Im assuming these are very RARE?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 06:21:07 PM by ghoulhumor »

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: What is it worth??????
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:19:09 PM »
I have a FULL box of 1974 series 7 wacky packages in the box w/o titles. can somebody help me figure its value please? Its in fairly nice shape for being 40 yrs old. I have searched high and low all over the internet for original full boxes for sale or just price guides and have had 0 results! Im assuming these are very RARE?

wondering what you mean by "without titles"?

probably a dumb question on my part      :-[

Offline ghoulhumor

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »
Series 7 I learned had two boxes. The earlier one had the weakies and quacker oats labels where as the latter box had those titles missing due to cease n desist letters.

Offline Kook

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:04:30 AM »
Series 7 I learned had two boxes. The earlier one had the weakies and quacker oats labels where as the latter box had those titles missing due to cease n desist letters.

Series 7 actually had 4 boxes - 7 with titles, 7 w/o titles, 7th green box, and 7th gumless box. This is probably one of the more or most common original series boxes. Condition of the packs & box is important.

You may find this thread helpful regarding box pricing:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=367.0

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 05:09:56 PM »
like Kook says, condition is king and pictures are worth a thousand words.

to me, caveat phrases like "nice shape for being 40 years old", tell me that it's probably actually in rather poor condition. It either is or isn't in nice shape today, which is the only day that matters.

Offline ghoulhumor

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »
I'm also looking to purchase full boxes of the original series wacky packages 1-16. Thanks

Offline chipereno

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »
I'd be happy with any empty boxes....If any one wants to give them up let me know. :great:

Offline ghoulhumor

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 04:25:51 PM »
Gues I'm getting mixed signals here? Either full boxes are scarce n valuable or they aren't? I personally always thought they were and after my original post I got a ridiculous offer.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 05:05:57 PM »
Gues I'm getting mixed signals here? Either full boxes are scarce n valuable or they aren't? I personally always thought they were and after my original post I got a ridiculous offer.
I'd say they are relatively scarce and valuable. Condition plays into it of course.
Did you check out the prices listed in the other thread that was linked above?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »

If you want some valid feedback, you will need to post some pictures so people can see what kind of condition this thing is in.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline ghoulhumor

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »
Ok I will take some pics and post them, thanks.