Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 302078 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #735 on: February 09, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
My Beanball Chrome Superfractor arrived today. I had wanted a second Super that was of an Iconic Wacky and feel fortunate to have been able to acquire this card.
The second pic is Beanball with Brittle.

Regards,  Andrew

Offline quas

« Reply #736 on: February 09, 2018, 12:40:19 PM »
My Beanball Chrome Superfractor arrived today. I had wanted a second Super that was of an Iconic Wacky and feel fortunate to have been able to acquire this card.
The second pic is Beanball with Brittle.

Regards,  Andrew

Sweet.
Marc

Offline mikecho

« Reply #737 on: July 17, 2018, 06:41:00 PM »
If anyone wants to buy some WP Chrome packs, there's a comic book store in my area that has some. The address is: Past Present Future Comics  1387 North Military Trail   West Palm Beach, FL  33409. The phone number is: (561) 697-2554. The e-mail address is:  www.PPFCOMICS.com. The Facebook e-mail is:  Facebook.com/PastPresentFutureComics. There are 25 packs @$3.99 a pack, for a total of $106.73 with tax. They've been there since 2014, when WP Chrome first came out, so get 'em while you can and tell 'em that I sent you! They already know me as a customer and will be all too happy to oblige you. Who knows, maybe that missing card that you've been looking for-like, maybe a Superfractor or two-could be right here! Please, take them off their hands so that they can make room for more packs of other cards! Believe me-they want to get rid of them and I'm trying to help them get rid of them.
Well everybody, I'm afraid that I've got some bad news related to this post. Today, I talked to the owner of Past Present Future Comics West Palm Beach and, while he appreciated my efforts to help them get rid of their WP Chrome packs, unfortunately, he also told me that they don't sell things online, nor do they accept checks through the mail, nor do they deliver things. So, unless you live in the immediate area of the store, none of you will be able to buy these packs. Oh well, at least no one can say that I didn't try! Guess you can't win 'em all, it seems.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:26:36 AM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #738 on: July 18, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
So, unless you live in the immediate area of the store, none of you will be able to buy these packs.
Ratz! I'm SO disappointed! Where's my hara-kiri sword....

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #739 on: July 19, 2018, 07:09:51 AM »
.. he also told me that they don't sell things online, nor do they accept checks through the mail, nor do they deliver things.

Apparently, he doesn't like money. Solid business plan  :great:
Brian Mc

Offline quas

« Reply #740 on: July 19, 2018, 07:12:51 AM »
Well everybody, I'm afraid that I've got some bad news related to this post. Today, I talked to the owner of Past Present Future Comics West Palm Beach and, while he appreciated my efforts to help them get rid of their WP Chrome packs, unfortunately, he also told me that they don't sell things online, nor do they accept checks through the mail, nor do they deliver things. So, unless you live in the immediate area of the store, none of you will be able to buy these packs. Oh well, at least no one can say that I didn't try! Guess you can't win 'em all, it seems.

I guess he's too busy watching his BetaMax....or out strolling with his Walkman.
Marc

Offline mikecho

« Reply #741 on: July 20, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »
I guess he's too busy watching his BetaMax....or out strolling with his Walkman.
No, he's got a computer and goes online to order items through the usual distributors, but I guess he only does business locally. That's his prerogative, I guess.

And that's not all. When I was there, a woman came in with some trade paperbacks that were used, but still good. He told her that they don't take used books of any kind. I told her that maybe the local library would probably take them.

I was just thinking...do any of the forum members from Florida live in the West Palm Beach area near the address that I've listed for this place? If so, maybe one of them could get the Chrome packs from these guys and help them out.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:45:18 AM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #742 on: July 20, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »
That's his perogative, I guess.
The word is prerogative. Just thought you'd like to know. 

Offline mikecho

« Reply #743 on: July 20, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
The word is prerogative. Just thought you'd like to know.
Thanks, fixed. Didn't have a dictionary handy at the time.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:46:22 AM by mikecho »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #744 on: July 21, 2018, 10:42:32 AM »
I just purchased 4 Chrome Value packs on the bay for a little opening fun. It's been quite some time since I cracked any chrome packs.

Who knows what jewels await.    ;)  Here are a few pics of my Chrome Jewels:  Uncut Sheet, 2 Superfractors, Mixed-Up Character/ Altered Art Set.

This is still my favorite set.  The Mixed- Up Character Gadzooka card has a cool story. I needed it for my set and a Forum Member owned one. He traded it to me

for  the Sailem Superfractor which I purchased on Ebay expressly to trade for the Gadzooka Card. That's how bad I wanted Gadzooka.

One month later I pulled the Gadzooka Mixed Up card out of a chrome pack from a Value Pack.  So then I had doubles of Gadzooka and was able

to trade it for  one of the Mixed-up cards I still lacked. That was one tough set to assemble. I rarely see those cards sold on the bay as of late.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #745 on: July 21, 2018, 11:09:13 AM »
I have come to really like this set, especially the mixed/altered art cards. Unfortunately, I think it's way too late for me to jump in and try and build a set. Some of these cards are whole bunches of $$$
Brian Mc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #746 on: July 21, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »
I have come to really like this set, especially the mixed/altered art cards. Unfortunately, I think it's way too late for me to jump in and try and build a set. Some of these cards are whole bunches of $$$

The Mixed-up Character cards have commanded big $$$ from day one as they are harder to spot and many people probably have them in a stack of cards with a rubber band around them.  The altered art cards jump out at you as being changed. The mixed-up cards are more stealth.  Some of the Mixed-up cards have rarely been seen on the bay. Gadzooka, Quacker Oats and Ajerx are the ones I have almost never seen for sale.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #747 on: July 25, 2018, 03:28:51 AM »
I received my 12 Chrome Value packs yesterday. Fun time opening 36 packs. Nothing of note. But nice to see the cards coming out of packs once more.

Offline View-Monster

« Reply #748 on: July 25, 2018, 09:12:31 AM »
Anyone happen to have an extra Cap'n Crud X-Fractor (the checker patterned refractor)?

And it's been a while...which packs had the X-Fractors?

Thanks!

--
vM

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #749 on: July 26, 2018, 01:07:36 AM »
The Mixed-up Character cards have commanded big $$$ from day one as they are harder to spot and many people probably have them in a stack of cards with a rubber band around them.  The altered art cards jump out at you as being changed. The mixed-up cards are more stealth.  Some of the Mixed-up cards have rarely been seen on the bay. Gadzooka, Quacker Oats and Ajerx are the ones I have almost never seen for sale.

I always found one in every case that I bought - but those collector cases were expensive...nice set you have there! Is it complete?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #750 on: July 26, 2018, 03:14:13 AM »
I always found one in every case that I bought - but those collector cases were expensive...nice set you have there! Is it complete?

My Mixed-Up, Alt Art 9 card set is complete as far as I know. No list of the cards has ever been published that I am aware of. Some titles like Gadzooka have
only surfaced a few times; so there may be another title yet to be seen here.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #751 on: July 29, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »
Andrew,

Can you scan the complete set for all of us to enjoy!!!!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #752 on: July 29, 2018, 11:41:52 AM »
Andrew,

Can you scan the complete set for all of us to enjoy!!!!!!

Scroll up about 7 posts and it's there (the last one, with the black frame).

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #753 on: August 08, 2018, 04:50:25 PM »
Thanx! Got it!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #754 on: December 15, 2018, 06:48:58 PM »
If anyone wants to buy some WP Chrome packs, there's a comic book store in my area that has some. The address is: Past Present Future Comics  1387 North Military Trail   West Palm Beach, FL  33409. The phone number is: (561) 697-2554. The e-mail address is:  www.PPFCOMICS.com. The Facebook e-mail is:  Facebook.com/PastPresentFutureComics. There are 25 packs @$3.99 a pack, for a total of $106.75 with tax. They've been there since 2014, when WP Chrome first came out, so get 'em while you can and tell 'em that I sent you! They already know me as a customer and will be all too happy to oblige you. Who knows, maybe that missing card that you've been looking for-like, maybe a Superfractor or two-could be right here! Please, take them off their hands so that they can make room for more packs of other cards! Believe me-they want to get rid of them and I'm trying to help them get rid of them.
Guys and gals, you'll never believe what happened to me tonight!

I was going to Past Present Future Comics to pick up something that I'd reserved (which I did get) and noticed that the WP Chrome packs were gone (along with packs of other, older series) and that newer packs of more recent series had taken their place. I asked one of the people that worked there if they had sold them all off and boy, did I get a surprise! They gave them to me as a Christmas present!!! Can you imagine that?

Now I've got a whole bunch of additions to the cards that I've got now to trade off for the cards that I need to finish my Wacky Halloween Postcards collection! If you check out my post "Trading various Wackys for Wacky Halloween Postcards", you'll see what I need and what they are.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 08:44:45 AM by mikecho »

anything