Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 302085 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #630 on: October 03, 2014, 06:39:39 PM »
a couple of cases sold on ebay  in between 800 and 900 . still havent seen any sell for the crazy price of 1100 . anyone know if series 2 has been confirmed ?

I've not heard any word one way or another.  Despite the high price and, in my opinion, too many inserts, I really enjoyed Chrome and hope there is a Chrome series 2.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #631 on: October 08, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »
Was scanning in some other items so thought I would add my Wacky Packages Chrome AJERX title set (I know, I know... conspicuously missing a super fractor):

Wow, all these flashy backgrounds remind me of Paul's wacky backgrounds in the Wacky Packages Gallery that he and I used to argue about all the time.  I always wondered if that's why I stopped hearing from him years ago.  What ever happened to old Paul?  Is he entirely unconnected to Wackys anymore?

Offline Wgblood

« Reply #632 on: October 16, 2014, 08:32:50 AM »
I received my uncut sheet today. 110 cards but a few duplicates - Gadzooka, Beanball, maybe more. A few are missing the black borders - Beanball, maybe more. Haven't had time to look over closely.

Tried to add an image from my phone but it won't work. I will add one tonight.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #633 on: October 16, 2014, 11:25:23 AM »
I received my uncut sheet today. 110 cards but a few duplicates - Gadzooka, Beanball, maybe more. A few are missing the black borders - Beanball, maybe more. Haven't had time to look over closely.

Not at home to double check but weren't the no border titles the backs of the checklists for the chrome release?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #634 on: October 16, 2014, 12:37:13 PM »

Did you get the refractor or base parallel sheet?
Congrats! Alex

Offline Wgblood

« Reply #635 on: October 16, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
Base

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #636 on: October 17, 2014, 03:02:24 AM »
Not at home to double check but weren't the no border titles the backs of the checklists for the chrome release?

Yep - the checklists were Gadzooka, Sugarmess and Beanball, without the black borders.

Offline Wgblood

« Reply #637 on: October 18, 2014, 10:20:11 AM »
I flipped the sheet over and the borderless cards are the checklists - thanks!

Here are a few photos:

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #638 on: October 18, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »
I flipped the sheet over and the borderless cards are the checklists - thanks!

Here are a few photos:

That's a cool piece of Wackyphenalia...
A

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #639 on: November 18, 2014, 03:32:51 PM »
2014 Wacky Packages Chrome  Uncut Sheet of Base Cards Refractor Parallel   Pending     

And the beat goes on...........     Still Pending since August. They promised prior to Christmas. looking like a stocking stuffer now.  :)

Same status here.....
Alex

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #640 on: November 20, 2014, 07:55:41 AM »
Alex,   Is your the Refraactor or the base sheet?

Andrew

I'm getting a refractor parallel sheet - Alex

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #641 on: November 26, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
Due to time and money issues (I'm sure a few of you can relate), I sat out the chrome series in addition to ANS 10 and ANS 11.  My head was spinning trying to figure out all the different items to collect!

Anyway, how has the resale market been lately for the Chrome series?  I may try to pick up a box just to have a set sampling.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:30:06 PM by Feetena »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2014, 06:15:03 PM »
Due to time and money issues (I'm sure a few of you can relate), I sat out the chrome series in addition to ANS 10 and ANS 11.  My head was spinning trying to figure out all the different items to collect!

Anyway, how has the resale market been lately for the Chrome series?  I may try to pick up a box just to have a set sampling.
Modify message

But where will a second Wacky Packages Chrome series be placed? Around the time of 2015 Series 1?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #643 on: December 07, 2014, 06:07:43 AM »
2014 Wacky Packages Chrome  Uncut Sheet of Base Cards Refractor Parallel   Pending     

The beat goes on...and on........   Will it arrive by Christmas????

I almost bought that redemption card, now I'm glad I passed.

Finished my special 1-A set with all the versions, but I cannot get a decent scan to save my life.  I've got the original sticker in the center of the page, with the base, autograph, and regular refractor in the top row, the gold to the left of the vintage sticker, super-refractor to the right, and on the bottom atomic, blue and x-fractor.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #644 on: December 07, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
I almost bought that redemption card, now I'm glad I passed.

Finished my special 1-A set with all the versions, but I cannot get a decent scan to save my life.  I've got the original sticker in the center of the page, with the base, autograph, and regular refractor in the top row, the gold to the left of the vintage sticker, super-refractor to the right, and on the bottom atomic, blue and x-fractor.

Still so few superfractors out there! Did you pull this one yourself? A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #645 on: December 07, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
Still so few superfractors out there! Did you pull this one yourself? A

I traded a bunch of stuff for the superfractor.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #646 on: January 25, 2015, 05:44:40 AM »
Still nothing on my Refractor Uncut sheet AND where is the binder for this set? I can't understand why the priciest wacky set ever released do not warrant a binder????

Maybe they thought we were going to use the 1-17 canvas binders?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #647 on: January 25, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »
I agree - No Binder is bad biz..... I am re-posting my Binder I created - Hope this helps:

Offline quas

« Reply #648 on: January 25, 2015, 09:16:00 AM »
I agree - No Binder is bad biz..... I am re-posting my Binder I created - Hope this helps:

It's great!!
Marc

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #649 on: January 26, 2015, 01:32:43 PM »

Looks super!!! A

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #650 on: January 29, 2015, 05:31:09 PM »
Call me crazy, but working for Topps CS sounds like a dream job!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #651 on: January 29, 2015, 09:57:40 PM »
                                                                                            YOU'RE                KWAZY
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #652 on: January 30, 2015, 07:26:20 AM »
Spoke to Topps Cust Srvc today ... She said I will definately get the sheet.
Though I don't have any personal experience in this department, it seems like whenever you deal with Topps Cust Svc, you pretty much always get some sheet.

Offline drono

« Reply #653 on: February 20, 2015, 09:43:16 AM »
It seems odd that an uncut sheet would be out of stock.  Doesn't that mean they have to print more.  That seems like printing more money so you can pay someone.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #654 on: March 02, 2015, 04:59:57 PM »
My box got to NJ from CA in three days. Lightning fast. I pulled nothing special but it was a good time to open the packs. Two Blues and One Gold , as expected, no other cards of note. I may buy another in the near future. Still better than scratch off lottery tickets.

With all the Internet controversy over blue and gold recently, are you sure that is what you got?   ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #655 on: March 10, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »
Spoke to Topps Cust Srvc today regarding my long overdue Refractor Uncut Sheet which still comes up as Pending on the Redemption Website. The rep confirmed that this item is on backorder and that I was one of four people that will receive one of the sheets. I knew these were limited but that surprised me.  She said I will definately get the sheet. They just do not know when they will arrive.

Andrew

I'm not sure what is going on here because this should be pretty obvious that this would be in stock. I spoke with a collector about a year ago that sent in 4 redemption for Baseball cards from the 50's or 60's he paid over a $1000 for each redemption and after 4 years he still hasn't received them. Topps keeps telling him they are trying to track them down. I was floored. You buy a redemption card on eBay but Topps can't produce? I don't know if he ever received them. I'll stay away from Topps redemption cards.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #656 on: March 12, 2015, 03:31:56 AM »
Its hard to have to wait and wait for the refractor sheet. Not much to be done at this point besides call every few months.

You have my sympathy.  I almost bought that redemption card myself, and in your shoes I'd be frustrated beyond belief at this point.  Hopefully when the sheet eventually arrives it will have been worth the wait.

I don't know that I've ever dealt with Topps on a redemption card.  Skybox was great the couple of times I pulled their redemption cards.  Rittenhouse delivered as well.

Offline drono

« Reply #657 on: March 12, 2015, 07:26:26 PM »
I bought a base sheet redemption card from eBay.  It took Topps a couple of months before they sent it, but I eventually got it.

It saddens me to think that Topps might be printing more sheets to give away as redemptions.  What other reason could there be for them to be out of stock?  If it's true, then they haven't learned their lesson of printing so many baseball cards back in the early 90s that they devalued their sets and lost their market share that had been so strong for so long.  They should produce only what they say they are going to produce, and if some of them are reserved for uncut sheets, then they should pull those cards out of circulation.

I also wish that they would offer uncut sheets to whomever would like to get one.  Similar to what they did with Old School 1 (and 2?).

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #658 on: March 13, 2015, 01:50:22 AM »
I bought a base sheet redemption card from eBay.  It took Topps a couple of months before they sent it, but I eventually got it.

It saddens me to think that Topps might be printing more sheets to give away as redemptions.  What other reason could there be for them to be out of stock?  If it's true, then they haven't learned their lesson of printing so many baseball cards back in the early 90s that they devalued their sets and lost their market share that had been so strong for so long.  They should produce only what they say they are going to produce, and if some of them are reserved for uncut sheets, then they should pull those cards out of circulation.

I also wish that they would offer uncut sheets to whomever would like to get one.  Similar to what they did with Old School 1 (and 2?).

Yep, it would be nice to be able to buy uncut sheets.  I'd also like to be able to buy uncut 9 card panels of the puzzles.  And, I bet an uncut sheet of the black canvas would look fantastic.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:52:42 AM by RawGoo »

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #659 on: March 13, 2015, 03:38:42 AM »

Okay, a naïve question, but can they print more easily? Weren't the printing plates distributed or does Topps keep sets for themselves?

Offline drono

« Reply #660 on: March 13, 2015, 05:13:00 AM »
Yep, it would be nice to be able to buy uncut sheets.  I'd also like to be able to buy uncut 9 card panels of the puzzles.  And, I bet an uncut sheet of the black canvas would look fantastic.

That would be nice.  I remember a friend of mine had an uncut sheet of baseball card checklists that he marked to keep up with his collection.  I thought it was so cool at the time.  In retrospect of how difficult it is to find unmarked checklists from the 70s, his marking the back ruined something that might be worth a ton of money now.  It really depends on the demand for it.  I can't imagine many of them survived in pristine condition.  After all we used to take the players from the teams we didn't like and clothespin them to our bike spokes.

Offline drono

« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »
I received an email update on the status of my Uncut Sheet of Refractor Parallels.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Topps regarding your redemption of:

2014 Wacky Packages Chrome Uncut Sheet of Base Cards Refractor Parallel

This redemption is not ready yet and do not have an ETA when this will be finished.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Michael @ Topps CS Support

The redemption date will probably expire before you get one.

Offline quas

« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »
I received an email update on the status of my Uncut Sheet of Refractor Parallels.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Topps regarding your redemption of:

2014 Wacky Packages Chrome Uncut Sheet of Base Cards Refractor Parallel

This redemption is not ready yet and do not have an ETA when this will be finished.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Michael @ Topps CS Support

That response is totally unacceptable.  The appropriate follow-up request is:  "Please provide me an ETA as to when you'll have an ETA for how long it will take to provide the sheet referenced in my redemption card."
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #663 on: April 17, 2015, 03:18:52 AM »
I may expire before this item surfaces.

If they're not going to get the item, Topps should give you a check (or at least a store credit) for what you paid for the redemption card.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #664 on: June 08, 2015, 07:18:02 PM »
I think I posted this earlier. I know a collector that bought a few redemption cards off eBay for some baseball unopened packs. As of today I don't know if ever got them. He told me 2 years ago he's been waiting 3 years for these packs. Topps told him they couldn't find them at the time. Why run a promotion like this without having the prize already?