Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 301415 times)

Offline dth1971

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2014, 11:58:19 AM »
Will some Wacky Package Chrome entries include some:
* Lost Wackys?
* Old School Series Wackys?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:28:24 PM by dth1971 »

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2014, 01:31:22 PM »
I am definitely interested in this release.  Anything having to do with the original titles im down with.   I won't be paying premium though.  I will wait for card garys fire sale!   8)

Offline havok77

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »
Will some Wacky Package Chrome entries include some:
* Lost Wackys?
* Old School Series Wacikys?

no info has been released yet .

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »

Of the different variations : Standard Refractor, Prism Refractor, X-Fractor, Gold Refractor, and Superfractor

I've not seen a Chrome prism refractor before...              (reminds me of being on shrooms)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2014, 03:14:39 AM »
Of the different variations : Standard Refractor, Prism Refractor, X-Fractor, Gold Refractor, and Superfractor

I've not seen a Chrome prism refractor before...              (reminds me of being on shrooms)

(Image removed from quote.)

Certain Wacky Pack titles could really benefit from that treatment. Crazy scenes and great humor shaken up to the extreme.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2014, 08:38:18 AM »
Promo Sheet ....Soon....Hopefully.... Probably.....Possibly   :^)
so the info on the July GPK Chrome S2 release is now out, but there's  still nothing on the June Wacky Chromes.

not sure if that's a good sign or bad

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2014, 03:53:33 AM »
Topps lists one of the Target Audiences of GPK 2 Chrome as "Chromies"

I wonder who classifies themselves as a Chromie.   I guess that would mean you collect ALL Topps Chrome releases? Sounds like wishful thinking to me by Topps marketers.  :]

I can envision asking a dealer at the Philly show if he has any WP Chrome cards and hearing this reply: "I had some but two Chromies just stopped by and cleaned me out."

Then I can see myself mentioning to another WP fan at the show. This place is crawling with Chromies!  The Chromies are coming.   At least Topps thinks so.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:58:05 AM by DrDeal »

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2014, 06:13:38 AM »
Topps lists one of the Target Audiences of GPK 2 Chrome as "Chromies". 
I wonder who classifies themselves as a Chromie.   I guess that would mean you collect ALL Topps Chrome releases? Sounds like wishful thinking to me by Topps marketers.
I can envision asking a dealer at the Philly show if he has any WP Chrome cards and hearing this reply: "I had some but two Chromies just stopped by and cleaned me out."
Then I can see myself mentioning to another WP fan at the show. This place is crawling with Chromies!  The Chromies are coming.   At least Topps thinks so.
Chromies. that's funny.

I guess everyone that was into the eraser craze was an Eraserhead, then

[expando]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Eraserhead_poster.jpeg[/expando]

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »
Chromies. that's funny.

I guess everyone that was into the eraser craze was an Eraserhead, then

[expando]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Eraserhead_poster.jpeg[/expando]

From the movie Hancock:  "Call me a Chromie........One More Time.........."

I wonder who on this board will turn out to be a Chromie?   Time will tell.  I may turn out to be Chromie Junior; but Never a full fledged Chromie. Not this guy.  8)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »

I wonder who classifies themselves as a Chromie.  

Doctor D,

I like to sling some bling, so this homie might be a chromie

Offline Wgblood

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »
See picture in below link for one example of a GPK Chrome preorder.

http://instagram.com/p/dfeLqQwPPK/

The instagram poster in that link - Buffmonster - is a pretty well known street artist who happens to love GPK.  He owns a lot of original GPK artwork and produced a series of stickers based on his art as an homage to GPK.  He has a second series of the stickers coming out and has a Kickstarter campaign set up to raise funding.  There are some pretty good rewards for the backers.  Check out this link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2059817035/the-melty-misfits-series-2

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »
Ten weeks till WP Chrome hits the streets. The Wacky World will never be the same. Looking forward to the refractor madness!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2014, 06:14:02 AM »
Ten weeks till WP Chrome hits the streets. The Wacky World will never be the same. Looking forward to the refractor madness!

It might be coming, but who pre-ordered any?? seems to be a little light... :o :o :o :o

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2014, 06:41:00 AM »
I've got quite a bit pre-ordered.  I think this set will be big
and have a lot of great surprises for all of us!   

The subsets look very intriguing.  I just don't care for all the
border/background variations, it's almost too much.  One or two,
fine...but do we need 5 or so? 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »
I haven't pre-ordered any. Not sure what to do. I may break down soon and order a case. Yes, the subsets could be cool but the whole flashback series burned me out.
I wonder how many collectors will be going for all the border variants. I still feel this series will be swill.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2014, 05:05:49 PM »
I haven't pre-ordered any. Not sure what to do. I may break down soon and order a case. Yes, the subsets could be cool but the whole flashback series burned me out.
I wonder how many collectors will be going for all the border variants. I still feel this series will be swill.

My Pre-Order: 7 Hobby Boxes:

462 Base Cards            (110 Cards in set)
56 Wacky Ads               (36 cards in set)
42 Cutting Room Floor   (20 cards in set)
28 Lost Wackys             (10 cards in set)
21 Where are they now  (5 cards in set)

Also got one Blaster box.   Hoping for some SuperFractors  :P     Time will tell.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2014, 07:48:11 PM »
My pre-order = 1 case

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2014, 05:43:42 PM »
Priorities, Priorities!

I need a new computer - so, a new puter with a touch screen or a case of chrome wackys????
Decisions, decisions....and no, not even considering a MAC....
Alex

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2014, 07:54:47 PM »
Priorities, Priorities!

I need a new computer - so, a new puter with a touch screen or a case of chrome wackys????
Decisions, decisions....and no, not even considering a MAC....
Alex
No Brainer
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2014, 03:09:12 AM »
Chromies needs some Chrome! 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
This place is crawling with chromies.  ;D

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2014, 02:19:42 PM »

What are the subsets?  

Forgive me if I missed 'em , but this thread went from Jan 2014 straight to May 2014!

Trying to get to the latest info........

I've got quite a bit pre-ordered.  I think this set will be big
and have a lot of great surprises for all of us!   

The subsets look very intriguing.  I just don't care for all the
border/background variations, it's almost too much.  One or two,
fine...but do we need 5 or so? 
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2014, 02:34:18 PM »
What are the subsets?  

Forgive me if I missed 'em , but this thread went from Jan 2014 straight to May 2014!

Trying to get to the latest info........

Base Cards: 110 Cards

Subsets:   Wacky Ads:36 Cards,  Cutting Room Floor: 20 Cards, Lost Wackys: 10 Cards, Where Are They  Now? : 5 Cards

Refractor Parallels: Basic Refractor , (Hobby Exclusive) Blue Border: 50 Per Base Card, (Hobby Exclusive) Gold Border: 25 Per Base Card

Superfractor Parallel: 1 per Base Card

Blaster Box Bonus Cards: 1 Pack of Four Bonus Cards per Blaster box of 7 Regular Packs. These may be additional refractors. Time will tell.

Printing Plates: 400 Total, Redemptions Cards: 50 Total, Buybacks: 75 Total, Autos: 1100 Total, Framed Sketch Cards: 2000 Total

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 02:43:03 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:43 PM »
Thanks!

What are "Cutting Room Floor" and "Where are They Now"?

Do we know if the Lost Wackys will be rehashes of ones we've already seen?  And if not, are they from the OS era?

Base Cards: 110 Cards

Subsets:   Wacky Ads:36 Cards,  Cutting Room Floor: 20 Cards, Lost Wackys: 10 Cards, Where Are They  Now? : 5 Cards

Refractor Parallels: Basic Refractor , (Hobby Exclusive) Blue Border: 50 Per Base Card, (Hobby Exclusive) Gold Border: 25 Per Base Card

Superfractor Parallel: 1 per Base Card

Blaster Box Bonus Cards: 1 Pack of Four Bonus Cards per Blaster box of 7 Regular Packs. These may be additional refractors. Time will tell.

Printing Plates: 400 Total, Redemptions Cards: 50 Total, Buybacks: 75 Total, Autos: 1100 Total, Framed Sketch Cards: 2000 Total

Send me your borderless wackys!

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »

Do we know if the Lost Wackys will be rehashes of ones we've already seen?  And if not, are they from the OS era?

some believe the Cutting Room Floor and Lost Wackys will be cards for the Series 17 Binder images. Which would mean taken from OS era sketches/roughs, but done in all new paintings.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2014, 03:15:24 AM »
Thanks!

From the Chrome Marketing plan:

Cutting Room Floor: Unused concepts from the 70's series that have been completed and printed for the first time.

Where are they now? : Vintage Wacky products are updated to reflect their current packaging designs.

Lost Wackys: Wackys that didn't make it into their original set series get printed on chrome.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2014, 03:15:56 AM »
Anyone find any other info on the Blaster Boxes? I only found them at BBtoystore and they only state that each box of 7 regular 4 card packs has one extra exclusive pack of 4 bonus cards.  "Bonus cards" have usually been new titles in the wacky releases. If its new titles and there are more than four I would order multiple Blasters. If its a border/ refractor deal I will stick with one box. Strange that only the one dealer is preselling them.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:53:29 PM by DrDeal »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
Anyone find any other info on the Blaster Boxes? I only found then at BBtoystore and they only state that each box of 7 regular 4 card packs has one extra exclusive pack of 4 bonus cards.  "Bonus cards" have usually been new titles in the wacky releases. If its new titles and there are more than four I would order multiple Blasters. If its a border/ refractor deal I will stick with one box. Strange that only the one dealer is preselling them.

I'm very curious about that part of the series as well.  It's one of the reasons I've held off on ordering.  I'd like to know how many of these bonus cards there are and what the subset consists of.  I suppose I'll continue to hold off pre-ordering until I get more info, but I would like to pick up a little something at pre-order prices.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2014, 10:50:08 AM »
Not sure myself, but I ordered them just in case   :-\

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »
I will have Blaster Boxes FOR SALE - I will beat BBtoy's prices as well.....LMK if Interested...via PM

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2014, 02:41:13 PM »
I will have Blaster Boxes FOR SALE - I will beat BBtoy's prices as well.....LMK if Interested...via PM

Maybe you can shed some light on what the "Bonus Cards" will be ??  That will help determine if I pre-buy more Blaster Boxes...or not.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2014, 10:38:20 AM »
T Minus Two Months for WP CHROME. I can feel the excitement building..............

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2014, 02:04:18 PM »
Below is the reply I just received from Topps when I messaged them via Facebook asking what the "Bonus Cards" in the Blaster Boxes will be:

"The bonus cards in the Value Boxes will be a special refractor parallel of the base cards."

So there you have it. The Blaster boxes will have another type of refractor. This is how it went with GPK also I believe.

I have one Blaster box on order which comes with one pack of 4 Bonus cards which will suffice for me.

Andrew

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2014, 04:20:05 PM »
Below is the reply I just received from Topps when I messaged them via Facebook asking what the "Bonus Cards" in the Blaster Boxes will be:

"The bonus cards in the Value Boxes will be a special refractor parallel of the base cards."

So there you have it. The Blaster boxes will have another type of refractor. This is how it went with GPK also I believe.

I have one Blaster box on order which comes with one pack of 4 Bonus cards which will suffice for me.

Andrew

Thanks for the info.  So my question is how many different refractor parallels will there be?  If there are only a handful, I'll likely pursue the subset.  If there are, say more than ten or twelve, I'll probably just pick up a few titles I like and/or one blaster box.

anything