Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 304208 times)

Offline lucidjc

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #665 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:41 PM »
I think I posted this earlier. I know a collector that bought a few redemption cards off eBay for some baseball unopened packs. As of today I don't know if ever got them. He told me 2 years ago he's been waiting 3 years for these packs. Topps told him they couldn't find them at the time. Why run a promotion like this without having the prize already?

It is a wonder, because most redemption cards are for something that they don't have yet i.e. a baseball players autograph. Where as, this/these redemption cards are for something they should already have...the uncut sheet, (I'm sure they had plenty when they started) or older packs.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #666 on: July 30, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »
Spoke to a Topps rep on the phone about my sheet two weeks ago. She was going to look into and call me.........................  I think you can guess how that played out.   One year later and still no sheet. WAAAAAAAAAAA.     

Also,   No Superfractors listed on the bay since I got mine in Dec. That amazes mer. Still tempting to buy boxes as I KNOW there are more cool SF titles out there in packs. I would be interested to know
if anyone on this board is actively looking to acquire a WP SF. If one was listed for $700 buy it now ; would it get snapped up or sit there? Not looking to sell mine. Just curious as always. I think the majority of WP collectors do not feel the SF cards are worth chasing. I don't mind being in the minority.
damn, that just sucks about that sheet

yeah, I still have very little interest in a SF. And the farther away chrome is in the past, the less interest I have. An asymptotic approach to zero.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #667 on: July 31, 2015, 06:26:37 AM »
damn, that just sucks about that sheet

yeah, I still have very little interest in a SF. And the farther away chrome is in the past, the less interest I have. An asymptotic approach to zero.

so what your saying is once the 'impulse buy window' has past you lose interest fast as you come to your senses!! what you might pay $700 for a SF you are willing to pay $0 now....interesting....might that be with others - wonder what the time frame or 'window' time is - a month / 2 months?? I was still seliing chrome nearly 8-12 months after it came out

Offline quas

« Reply #668 on: August 04, 2015, 12:19:46 PM »
Spoke to Topps Cust Serv again today. Let them know I was not called back after they promised to look into my Sheet Situation a few weeks ago. Today they promised to call or email me with an update within the next few days. Yippee!

Good luck with Topps Customer Disservice.   Don't be surprised if you have to follow up on the original follow-up.  :38:
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #669 on: August 15, 2015, 08:32:11 AM »

Someone is selling a Un-redeemed Redemption card for a Uncut Sheet of Refractor Parallels.  $750 opening bid or $1000 Buy it now. Whoever buys that card
may have some waiting to do to claim that prize...........   1 of 4 made.......or not made. It depends on who you ask.

Yikes!  Bad enough you paid what you did and might get stiffed, but this is a boatload of money.  I don't see it where the total of 4 is shown on the card - did Topps tell you that during one of your many conversations?

Looking at the text on the reverse, Topps couldn't even be bothered to rewrite that language to reflect an uncut sheet, as opposed to the "Card of the player(s)."

I would never buy a Topps redemption card on the secondary market after hearing about this case.  Sad........

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #670 on: August 17, 2015, 09:39:39 PM »
Sadly this applies to anything Redemption related with Topps. I'm waiting on some signed Baseball Cards from them and good luck hearing back from the Army of 1 Support Network they have over there. I honestly cant fathom such an inept bunch over there. I dont know how they have survived this constant bad service they are known for. :-\

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #671 on: January 04, 2016, 01:56:55 PM »
Talk aboout horrible customer relations!! Typical Topps. Why even produce a redemption card if they aren't going to honor it???????

Offline quas

« Reply #672 on: January 04, 2016, 02:09:21 PM »
Talk aboout horrible customer relations!! Typical Topps. Why even produce a redemption card if they aren't going to honor it???????

Mike Jaspersen would have never allowed this to happen.  Topps ought to give you at least a $200 credit on a future merchandise purchase (assuming there is ever another Wacky series other than the quasi-Wacky baseball one).  If they are giving you something less than what is promised, then they need to make up the difference.

Of course this is all so easy for me to say......since I don't have to deal with them.  I have a redemption card myself but would rather keep it as a reminder of Topps promising one thing and doing another.  The next time there's a Wacky book published, this all should be mentioned.  Just my opinion....and I feel your pain.
Marc

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #673 on: January 04, 2016, 07:55:01 PM »
Marc,

Well said.

It is CRIMINAL! to offer something and then not produce / provide it.  SHAME ON THEM!!!!

Offline drono

« Reply #674 on: January 04, 2016, 08:23:40 PM »
There are a couple of base set redemption cards on eBay going for $200 OBO and $500 OBO.  It looks like you got a steal for the refractor -- if you ever get anything.  I think I paid $100 for the one I got a while back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Chrome-Redemption-Uncut-Sheet-1-8000-Packs-SUPER-RARE-/131691911028?hash=item1ea9731774:g:mG8AAOSwJcZWdwrz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-TOPPS-CHROME-WACKY-PACKAGES-REDEMPTION-UNCUT-SHEET-OF-BASE-CARDS-/131689121599?hash=item1ea948873f:g:xYsAAOSwaA5WhICn

Offline quas

« Reply #675 on: January 04, 2016, 08:34:25 PM »
Marc,

Well said.

It is CRIMINAL! to offer something and then not produce / provide it.  SHAME ON THEM!!!!

At a minimum, shouldn't Topps publish something on their website saying the cards are no longer valid or redeemable in spite of the 2017 printed expiration date?  Similar to a notification of a manufacturer's product defect, since essentially the cards are now "defective"?  How about an accompanying recall of the cards, at $200 a pop?
Marc

Offline WPcollector

« Reply #676 on: January 09, 2016, 05:41:19 AM »
this thread has become completely unreadable for me.

Dr.Deal we all feel very sorry that you haven't gotten your refractor sheet but bumping this thread every couple weeks with an "update" to get attention is rather childish. You have been complaining now about your situation for the past 4 pages (starting on page 18) dating back to September 11th, 2014. It's becming absurd.

i don't get a chance to come that often but when i do i have to read 20 pages, mostly of posts made by dr.deal that are nothing but hype and cries for attention.

Dr.deal keep in mind there are many people that visit this site to read the latest WP news, we don't come here for you, sorry, but true.

edit: also please learn to use the edit button. posting two or 3 times in a row (to build up your postcount) is uneccessary and adds to us having to scroll  more.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:52:02 AM by WPcollector »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #677 on: January 09, 2016, 06:27:30 AM »
What is wrong with you dude? Don't come on here and bash a respected and LONG time member of this forum just because you don't like what he posts. He has contributed way more interesting information and antecdotes concerning Wacky Packages and Wacky Package collecting than you ever will. And I, for one, have become rather interested in the eventual outcome of this unfortunate situation with Topps and the Sheet he was supposed to receive. If you don't want to read what he or anyone else posts then, DON'T READ IT.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:58:04 AM by RawGoo »

Offline WPcollector

« Reply #678 on: January 09, 2016, 06:45:26 AM »
What is wrong with you dude? Don't come on here and bash a respected and LONG time member of this forum just because you don't like what he posts. He has contributed way more interesting information and antecdotes concerning Wacky Packages and Wacky Package collecting than you ever will. And I, for one, have become rather interested in the eventual outcome of this unfortunate situation with Topps and the Sheet he was supposed to receive. If you don't want to read what he or anyone else posts then, DON'T READ IT.

That's fine and i'm glad it interests you but perhaps it's run its course don't you think? almost 2 years of posts concering his sheet are becoming redundant. Everything else you are saying, bashing, what not, did not happen. I merely pointed out that the rest of us would either like a split in the topic BACK TO DISCUSSION or that he takes this issue to another thread where fans like yourself can keep track of his weekly updates. We shouldn't have to comb through 21 pages to find some news pertaining to chrome.

Thanks for your opinion.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:58:32 AM by RawGoo »

Offline quas

« Reply #679 on: January 09, 2016, 07:29:24 AM »

I agree with you.  Venting on the Forum is certainly allowable.  Moreover, there is really not all that much else going on with Chrome Series 1 at the moment - which is another way of saying there is really nothing else going on with Chrome Series 1 at the moment.  If Topps ever produces a Series 2, most certainly a new thread will be started.  And let's direct our ire at Topps, where it belongs!  Raven Bran, I'm totally with you on this.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:58:59 AM by RawGoo »
Marc

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #680 on: January 09, 2016, 08:59:53 AM »
Marc and Ratchet I agree - This is a discussion and rant forum, if needed.

He had a right to what was promised.  My buddy Bruce just got one of the regular redemption cards and he is entitled to it.

Topps should have printed all sheets related to redemption and then send the rest off to the cutting room.

As far as venting, we need to share and take care of one another otherwise, no one will know about the pitfalls.

My two cents!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #681 on: January 09, 2016, 09:13:20 AM »
First off, let me say that this thread is about a series that has been available at retail, and I know for a fact that there are some kids who collected it.  As such, I have edited the profanity out of one response, and later responses where it was quoted.

Regarding the complaint about the subject matter, I can say that this issue has been of interest to me, including the occasional updates, because I now know not to trust a Topps redemption card.  I actually almost purchased this very card.  And, after Dr. Deal's last update post, there were at least a half dozen responses from other members who also appeared to be interested in the status.  Members here get no special status or recognition for having large post counts, so I seriously doubt that was a motive.

In the end, this saga is just about over, as Topps has apparently finally admitted that they're reneging on the redemption card they produced, so all that will be left to add is the final outcome of what they eventually decide is fair compensation.  Some users are interested in hearing what happens, and, there's nothing much going on with Chrome now anyway, so it might as well go here.

Offline quas

« Reply #682 on: January 09, 2016, 12:11:51 PM »
     Sorry to present you with unreadable posts. Not much happens in this hobby and posting updates about my pursuit has been helpful to a few others who have the same situation. Your claim of my primary intention being to grab personal attention is offensive.  I am passionate about Wackies. Period. My posts demonstrate that passion and my intention to share info about our hobby over and above my "Sheet Situation". I think the best move for you is to not read anything I post and know that you will not be missing anything since you don't feel I present any value to this community. 

Regards,  Andrew

I also think it's perfectly legitimate to keep Forum members informed about what has become a unfolding saga over time, as we see how Topps has had plenty of time for make up for its transgression, and hasn't.  Andrew, it's as if they've been hoping that eventually you'll just give up and go away and forget the whole thing.  Kudos to you for not doing so, and for hanging in there.
Marc

Offline drono

« Reply #683 on: January 09, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »
I can see points on both sides of this issue.  Maybe a new topic should be created for the chrome redemption card saga.  However, I AM interested in how it turns out.  I bought a base redemption card off eBay and got my sheet a couple of years ago.  If one for a refractor was listed at a price that was right for me, I'd jump on it in a second. 

However, as a somewhat cynic, and believer that "if it sounds too good to be true that it probably is," I always research items before I buy.  I was doing so today on the NuWave Oven (please no need to respond to that).  It helps me as a consumer and Wacky Package fanatic to know that Topps is reneging on honoring their redemptions.  If you can't trust a company like Topps that has been in this business since 1938 (thanks Wikipedia), then you certainly can't trust a fly-by-night outfit that advertises on TV or the Internet.

Dr. Deal, I for one want to know how the saga turns out.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #684 on: January 09, 2016, 07:12:47 PM »
You may consider calling a lawyer on this.  It is illegal as far as I know to have a contest with false rewards.  That is called Fraud!  I know it is Topps but you have financial damage here.

Offline drono

« Reply #685 on: January 09, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
You might have to prove intent for fraud.  I'm sure there are a ton of conditions and disclaimers somewhere that will protect them.  They can blame on a printing error -- too many were printed with no intention of having that many, etc.

There are a lot of fraudulent contests that work this way.  You win a trip for 7 days/6 nights to Australia with air fare and hotel.  The contest has first class tickets and 5-star accommodations, so it's valued at something like $35K.  So if you accept it, guess what, you're in for $12K or so in taxes.  So most winners decline, and the contest holder gets off without ever having to reward the prize.

Of course this is a redemption from buying packs of cards and playing a game of chance.  I don't know how that works with paying taxes on the redemption if it is accepted. 

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #686 on: January 10, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I won't be contacting a lawyer. Hopefully I will receive something soon. I spoke to them last Monday and as of today the case is still "pending" on the redemption website. I will give it another week and call back.

Why even wait the week? I would hound these people EVERYDAY!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #687 on: January 10, 2016, 05:30:13 PM »
Why even wait the week? I would hound these people EVERYDAY!
I agree. They'll likely get so tired of hearing from you, it'll accelerate resolution....maybe.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #688 on: January 11, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »
I am glad this is finally being settled. 
Aren't we all?    8)   :great:

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #689 on: January 11, 2016, 04:36:42 PM »
I received an email from Topps today:

It was a pleasure speaking with you . As per our phone conversation, we would like to replace your redemption:

Entertainment 2014 Wacky Packages Chrome Uncut Sheet of Base Cards Refractor Parallel.

We would like to replace it with the following items:

2014 Wacky Packages Chrome Uncut Sheet  Base.
2013 GPK Chrome Uncut Sheet Base.

I told them that works. I am glad this is finally being settled. 

Thanks,  Andrew

Congrats!!!! And let us know when you get these too! Keep posting....
A

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #690 on: January 11, 2016, 04:53:29 PM »
Aren't we all?    8)   :great:
Seriously - How many more smiley faces and thumbs up can you give?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline quas

« Reply #691 on: January 22, 2016, 08:48:29 PM »
Still so few superfractors out there! Did you pull this one yourself? A

Was opening some packs and to my complete surprise this SuperQuacktor showed up.

Before you ask, it's not available for sale.  I love it!  But I'd consider a trade for the right combination of sketch cards.

Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #692 on: January 22, 2016, 09:02:28 PM »
Was opening some packs and to my complete surprise this SuperQuacktor showed up.

Before you ask, it's not available for sale.  I love it!  But I'd consider a trade for the right combination of sketch cards.

Congratulations!  That's a great title to have as an example.  What type of pack was it?

Offline quas

« Reply #693 on: January 22, 2016, 09:08:24 PM »
Congratulations!  That's a great title to have as an example.  What type of pack was it?

Thanks Pat!  It was a Value Pack, containing 3 Chrome Packs as well as 4 bonus base cards sealed in plastic.
Marc

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #694 on: January 23, 2016, 05:59:54 AM »

Are these rare?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #695 on: January 23, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »
Are these rare?

Very - Topps only produced 1 superfractor of each base set title, as compared to the 25 of each as gold refractors and 50 of each as blue refractors.

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #696 on: January 23, 2016, 03:06:35 PM »
Very - Topps only produced 1 superfractor of each base set title, as compared to the 25 of each as gold refractors and 50 of each as blue refractors.
Not very attractive though, I don't collect any new stuff so I don't know what is what.  I have a value box I grabbed from Target just on a whim one day.  I don't even know what is inside. I think the box is pretty to look at than the contents so I didn't plan to kill it.  Is there any chance of anything good inside?

Offline quas

« Reply #697 on: January 27, 2016, 04:54:33 AM »
   2014 Wacky Packages Chrome   Uncut Sheet of Base Cards Refractor Parallel   Substituted      
   2013 GPK Chrome   Garbage Pail Kids Chrome Uncut Sheet   Pending      
   2014 Wacky Packages Chrome   Uncut Sheet of Base Cards   Pending      

Above is what now shows on my Topps Redemption page regarding my two sheets. Time will tell. Not calling again yet.

For all your time and trouble, and to make amends for their non-delivery of a promised item, they should upgrade and get you an uncut sheet of superfractors!
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #698 on: January 27, 2016, 01:32:47 PM »
For all your time and trouble, and to make amends for their non-delivery of a promised item, they should upgrade and get you an uncut sheet of superfractors!
I'd say count your blessings that you're getting anything and, to quote Frozen, "let it go".

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #699 on: February 13, 2016, 10:03:14 AM »
I saw this on eBay this morning while ..... uhm..... "reading" LMBO!!!

The price made me feel in the spirit!  - That is NOT a realistic price - at least unless your name is Trump!