Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 304397 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #525 on: August 05, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »
Did you know Fanatical is a pack searcher now?          :]

LOL Patrick is a good boy, He would never do that.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #526 on: August 06, 2014, 05:23:34 AM »
   I think I commented on this elsewhere, but going against my previous 50 years of collecting bias at keeping sets stored together, I decided to break this set up... for the base cards and the Where are They Now subset, I have stored the titles from the Original Series 1 release in my first series binder, etc. I placed the Cutting Room Floor subset and the Lost subset in the 17th series binder. Similarly, as I see sketches from the "17th series" posted here and on eBay, have been printing them and placing in the 17th series binder.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, breaking up the chrome set and using the new binders.  Wish I had thought of that before I put them in pages   :-\   Still working on the refractors, so if I do go that way, I'll do the same with the refractors - that should just about fill the binders.

Of course, if Topps doesn't continue the Wacky chrome sets, having some binders filled and some empty will bug me.  And, they seem to have gone to town with the subsets this time, so I'm not sure what they would have left for a Wacky Chrome 2 release.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:41:51 AM by RawGoo »

Offline havok77

« Reply #527 on: August 06, 2014, 06:24:06 AM »
im wondering if there will be a series 2 ? i guess series one was realy short printed . topps can still print about the same and still make money. i realy like these . hope there will be a series 2. cases still going strong at 805. no price drop

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #528 on: August 06, 2014, 06:28:18 AM »
im wondering if there will be a series 2 ? i guess series one was realy short printed . topps can still print about the same and still make money. i realy like these . hope there will be a series 2. cases still going strong at 805. no price drop

I think the hobby case volume was low but I have no idea about the retail stuff.

Offline quas

« Reply #529 on: August 06, 2014, 06:50:48 AM »

Heck, there could be Chrome for Original Series 4-7, Original Series 8-11, Original Series 12-16, ANS 1-11, Old School 1-4, and all Postcards Series (Halloween and other), with such inserts as Irish Wackies, all the Old School and ANS bonus cards, Frosted Ice Krunkles, etc., etc.
Marc

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #530 on: August 06, 2014, 07:16:22 AM »
Completely off topic but can anyone tell me who de-mented is on Ebay?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #531 on: August 06, 2014, 07:35:38 AM »
Completely off topic but can anyone tell me who de-mented is on Ebay?

Eric Roberts

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #532 on: August 06, 2014, 07:52:05 AM »
Ah, that's right. Anyone have his email?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #533 on: August 06, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »
for the base cards and the Where are They Now subset, I have stored the titles from the Original Series 1 release in my first series binder, etc. I placed the Cutting Room Floor subset and the Lost subset in the 17th series binder. Similarly, as I see sketches from the "17th series" posted here and on eBay, have been printing them and placing in the 17th series binder.
I just took my 181 card master set and put them all in a blaster box. They fit perfectly. Binders, schminders!!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #534 on: August 06, 2014, 09:04:06 AM »
Heck, there could be Chrome for Original Series 4-7, Original Series 8-11, Original Series 12-16, ANS 1-11, Old School 1-4, and all Postcards Series (Halloween and other), with such inserts as Irish Wackies, all the Old School and ANS bonus cards, Frosted Ice Krunkles, etc., etc.
Bite...your...f#$%&%g...tongue!     ;D

Offline quas

« Reply #535 on: August 06, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »
Not to mention full-size Chrome Wacky Posters...   :c002:
Marc

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #536 on: August 06, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »
Not to mention full-size Chrome Wacky Posters...   :c002:

That would be like putting up mirrored tiles in your room....or on your ceiling....A

Offline quas

« Reply #537 on: August 06, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »
That would be like putting up mirrored tiles in your room....or on your ceiling....A

How about Topps selling a mirrored "disco ball" covered in Wacky Chromes...
Marc

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #538 on: August 06, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »
Hey everybody look what we just pulled out of a value pack from target!

So now we have full base, almost all inserts, a gold card and a sketch! Very happy with Chrome
My girlfriend and I are Wacky Pack collectors, since 2008

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #539 on: August 06, 2014, 07:32:21 PM »

So now we have full base, almost all inserts, a gold card and a sketch! Very happy with Chrome

Good job! Now I suppose you are hooked!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #540 on: August 07, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »

Great!      Is a value pack a type of rack pack?      Hangs from a rod and hook?

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #541 on: August 07, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »
Great!      Is a value pack a type of rack pack?      Hangs from a rod and hook?

Yepper, here is a pic of another one that I havent opened yet

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #542 on: August 07, 2014, 02:06:21 PM »
Sure wish you could post your pics properly. My neck doesn't bend that far.

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #543 on: August 07, 2014, 02:23:37 PM »
I dont know why it does that, i take them normal and then it turns it on me.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #544 on: August 07, 2014, 05:42:57 PM »
Yepper, here is a pic of another one that I havent opened yet

Here ya go...

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bwing

« Reply #545 on: August 08, 2014, 10:29:15 AM »
What is the cost of the value pack?

Has anyone seen the Blaster Boxes (Bonus Boxes) at Target?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #546 on: August 08, 2014, 01:33:09 PM »
What is the cost of the value pack?

Has anyone seen the Blaster Boxes (Bonus Boxes) at Target?
$9.99

yes, at a few. others, no. either already sold, or never got them

• Administrator
« Reply #547 on: August 08, 2014, 01:35:34 PM »
Wacky Packages Chrome Coming....  NOT to walmart.

i found gpk chrome 2, but never saw Wackys.
don't think they've ever showed
were the cigarettes and beer too much for them to handle???

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #548 on: August 08, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
What is the difference between a standard "refractor" and a base card?  Anyone?   They look pretty much the same to me.

Offline bwing

« Reply #549 on: August 09, 2014, 05:56:17 AM »
So let me get this straight - a value pack is $9.99 and includes 3 packs with 4 bonus X-fractor cards but a single pack is only $2.99.

Where is the value??

• Administrator
« Reply #550 on: August 09, 2014, 07:11:16 AM »
So let me get this straight - a value pack is $9.99 and includes 3 packs with 4 bonus X-fractor cards but a single pack is only $2.99.

Where is the value??

LOL. and if you get the Value Pack at ToysRUs, they sell them for $12.99 and the 4 bonus cards are just plain base cards.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #551 on: August 09, 2014, 07:22:07 AM »
LOL. and if you get the Value Pack at ToysRUs, they sell them for $12.99 and the 4 bonus cards are just plain base cards.

Obviously, the "value" is in the eyes of the retailer.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #552 on: August 09, 2014, 07:32:36 AM »
What is the difference between a standard "refractor" and a base card?  Anyone?   They look pretty much the same to me.
they can look very different in the right light.
on the left - standard cards are just a pure shiny silver (chrome!)
on the right - the refractors diffract light and create rainbow hues in the image - like a skanky sheen of a gas slick on the surface of a fetid pool of water
others may see true enlightenment and the secrets of the universe exposed
YMMV

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:08:14 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #553 on: August 09, 2014, 08:31:47 AM »

Where is the value??

At least the packs in the "value packs" don't have clear fronts to make searching ridiculously easy.  And some people seem to like the atomic refractors, or are at least willing to use them in a mixed refractor set.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #554 on: August 09, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »
on the right - the refractors diffract light and create rainbow hues in the image - like a skanky sheen of a gas slick on the surface of a fetid pool of water
YMMV

(Image removed from quote.)

thanks! I see the light now!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #555 on: August 09, 2014, 11:10:35 AM »
like a skanky sheen of a gas slick on the surface of a fetid pool of water

How could I have thought these were ugly??

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #556 on: August 09, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »
Yeah I agree too, a bunch of people at first didnt think they were gonna like chrome, but these refractors are pretty sweet! I'm a fan, we are getting some GPK chrome 2 now as well, we might go blind from all these refracts haha

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #557 on: August 09, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »
YMMV

(Image removed from quote.)

Or, the reflector could look like the sexy rainbow glint in your lovers eyes!
A

Offline barfwimpson

« Reply #558 on: August 09, 2014, 08:36:18 PM »
I got my box, nothing spectacular, two golds and two blues and the regular 12 refractors. I love the set though, especially the fact that the numbered refractors with the Ludlow backs have the Wacky worthy joke on them "To Ruin, Snap Back", since as we now know, it was better not to "snap" back and peel your original Ludlows but at least when you did that, you had a terrific sticker to affix wherever you liked. To do it with these chrome cards would only bend your card and not even yield a sticker. Nice gag. I wonder who thought of it, and tip o' the cap to anyone who may have mentioned this earlier.  

Anyway, I just gotta have more of these, so I just ordered three more hobby boxes. I'll post pulls for all four once I get those.  

As for the "Value Pack", I picked up one at Kmart for $11.49, the three sealed packs and the bonus 4 normal cards. They really should be closer to $10, since it's not much of a value if these are $3 packs. You're pretty much paying for those four loose cards, but perhaps there are occasionally insert cards, at least regular refractors, in those once in a while.

What I do like about those Value packs is that they are packed so tightly, I think they'd be hard to pack search. The insert odds on the packs in the Value packs are exactly the same as the odds in the hobby packs, the only exception being that the blue and gold refractors are hobby exclusive. Obviously, if buying retail packs, one should avoid the value packs with the 4 loose regular cards (as opposed to the ones that say specifically they have 4 Atomic Refractors as those are worth it) and especially the single pack with the clear window entirely and, if available to you locally, just buy the twenty dollar 7 pack blasters which come with the 4 exclusive X-fractors as the packs inside those are also unsearchable and likely have the same odds as the other retail packs, again missing just the golds and blues, but with everything else as the same odds as in the hobby. The X-fractor set will take 28 blasters with no duplicates to complete, so imagine what the real number would be. The Atomic Refractors set would take the same minimum of 28 value packs, again with perfect (non-existent) luck.   
There will be very few of either of those sets made, I'm sure. These retail only inserts pretty much compensate for the lack of Golds and Blues in the retail packs, making this a rare set indeed where there is essentially equal value in all of the packs, whether the hobby or retail edition.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:02:24 PM by barfwimpson »

Offline havok77

« Reply #559 on: August 09, 2014, 11:34:26 PM »
damn , even gpk chrome series 2 was realy short printed. cases are going for 1300 ........ yikes !!! no sign of any more wacky cases ...