Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 304604 times)

Offline jleonard1967

Re: Toys R Us "Ripoff", I mean, "Value" Pack
« Reply #455 on: July 27, 2014, 02:58:10 PM »
Found the so-called "Value Pack" at Toys R Us.

not only does TRU constantly overcharge for their crap - in this case 12.99 for a 9.99 pack, but the packs themselves are pointless.

Instead of 4 Atomic Refractor bonus cards as an incentive, get this, the bonus cards are friggin' BASE cards.
yeah. BASE Cards!!

(Image removed from quote.)
that would totally piss me off.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »

not only does TRU constantly overcharge for their crap - in this case 12.99 for a 9.99 pack, but the packs themselves are pointless.

Instead of 4 Atomic Refractor bonus cards as an incentive, get this, the bonus cards are friggin' BASE cards.
yeah. BASE Cards!!

Patrick that does totally suck but the graphic you did, is awesome!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2014, 03:50:39 PM »
nope, not at all alike. The Hobby are 3-wide and the Retail are 2-wide.

hobby box averages about 2 blue and 1 gold per box.

sorry, the linked images below are HUGE

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/JmAAAOSwVFlT1E7O/$_57.JPG[/expando]
[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/7YEAAOSwPe1Tz~JC/$_57.JPG[/expando]
JEAN NUTTY WILL BE TEACHING  EXPANDO 101 THIS WEDNESDAY EVENING FROM 7:30 PM T0 9:00 PM           MOUNTAIN TIME
                                           PASS SLASH FAIL                   PASS AND YOU WILL MOVE ON TO ADVANCED EXPANDO
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:52:28 PM by deadpresidentsvisa »
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2014, 08:54:46 PM »
So these are cards not stickers? What's the incentive of buying boxes if you can't use the dupes to "paste anyplace?" That's one thing I love about Flashback series'. I still stick dupes of all the awesome OS stickers on all my outgoing letters and packages. This might also have been cool to stick fancy foil versions of the OS stickers... I may still get a couple packs just to have fun opening some new Wackys, as others have already mentioned.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2014, 08:58:29 PM »

yeah. BASE Cards!!

Good 'ol clueless TRU... The "bonus base" thing reminds me of "new and improved." :) Oxymoron maybe. Or just moronic...

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »
JEAN NUTTY WILL BE TEACHING  EXPANDO 101 THIS WEDNESDAY EVENING FROM 7:30 PM T0 9:00 PM           MOUNTAIN TIME
Funny!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2014, 12:28:26 AM »

That cracked me up

Pretty sure that is a hotlink (hence his use of the term "linked images") and a hotlink can't be resized. Fanatical has the know-how to resize an image. Heck, he can practically fly you to the moon.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:46 AM »
So these are cards not stickers? What's the incentive of buying boxes if you can't use the dupes to "paste anyplace?" That's one thing I love about Flashback series'. I still stick dupes of all the awesome OS stickers on all my outgoing letters and packages. This might also have been cool to stick fancy foil versions of the OS stickers... I may still get a couple packs just to have fun opening some new Wackys, as others have already mentioned.

They are nice quality cards.  No stickers at all  :sad:  But, yeah, it is fun to pull old titles, especially ones that haven't been reprinted yet.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »
That cracked me up

Pretty sure that is a hotlink (hence his use of the term "linked images") and a hotlink can't be resized. Fanatical has the know-how to resize an image. Heck, he can practically fly you to the moon.

Fearless leader told me to come up with worthwhile posts or I am out of here 71 hours after the release of PUT ON HOLD SCHOOL (POHS)
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #464 on: July 28, 2014, 07:53:06 AM »

yeah. BASE Cards!!

Are the Atomic Refractor cards the same for the Value Pack and the Blaster Box?? 4 of them? thx

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #465 on: July 28, 2014, 11:19:15 AM »
X Fractors in Blaster Boxes which are totally different than Atomics in Value packs.

thx!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #466 on: July 28, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »
anyone have a good way to clean the finger prints on the Chrome cards?

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #467 on: July 28, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »

Snorox Wipes!!! :] :] :] :]

dude you stepped into that!!! :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #468 on: July 28, 2014, 11:47:17 AM »

wear gloves while handling.......the chrome cards...(for all you sick fxxxx out there...) :] :] :] :]

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »

I've challenged myself to not let that bother me.          Boy, do I hate a good challenge...

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #470 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »

I have some Turtle Wax that says its okay to use on chrome.   :D  Or were you expecting an actual, helpful suggestion from this group?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
I'm serious. You just look at these and they get a finger print on them. :]

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »
Brad, to me them seem fairly durable.  I imagine a soft white cloth would work fine.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #473 on: July 28, 2014, 06:25:25 PM »
nope, not at all alike. The Hobby are 3-wide and the Retail are 2-wide.

hobby box averages about 2 blue and 1 gold per box.

sorry, the linked images below are HUGE

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/JmAAAOSwVFlT1E7O/$_57.JPG[/expando]
[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/7YEAAOSwPe1Tz~JC/$_57.JPG[/expando]

Thanks for the pics.  I'm bummed that my order from BB Toys had the retail boxes not the hobby boxes.  Not only do I not get a blue card and gold card, I simply like the look of the hobby boxes much better.  Ugh.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #474 on: July 28, 2014, 07:47:50 PM »
That is a travesty. I would love to know how that came to be. Overcharge and under deliver. Blueprint for disaster. I guess the thought is "these are for the kids" they don't care what we sell them.

It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2014, 08:01:18 PM »
It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.
easy for you to say...

Offline havok77

« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »

i carefully open each pack and handle all the cards by there sides .

Offline quas

« Reply #477 on: July 29, 2014, 04:44:11 AM »
Fingerprints add "character" to the cards.

I'll pay a premium for the Chrome card with the Jay Lynch fingerprints.  Or even Jay Leno's.
Marc

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #478 on: July 29, 2014, 05:27:17 AM »
I am currently storing my master set of chrome in my 17th binder and my parallel set in my first Old school binder. These cards are so thick that they take up about twice as much binder space as stickers. Anyone know if they will produce a Binder for Chrome? 

Andrew

they should but i think its been: CANCELLED :] :] :] :] :][/size]

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #479 on: July 29, 2014, 07:10:30 AM »
    Now that I have gotten some cards for the chrome set, I have decided on going light on this set. Just the chrome cards for base and the chase sets, a sketch, an autographed card, and one of each of the various refractors (probably without a superfractor unless prices plummet). I chanced into several different refractors of the AJERX title so decided to get a run of the refractors for that title. As an aside, if anyone has or sees an AJERX sketch card for this series for sale, I would be interested.

I always enjoy hearing how others choose to store and display their collection so am curious how people are handling this set. Although it goes against all my previous collecting instincts to keep sets together, I decided to separate this set. I stored the "Cutting Room" floor subset in my 17th series binder and placed the series 1 chrome cards in the series 1 binder, series 2 cards in the series 2 binder, etc. Haven't decided on the "Where are They Now" subset. I am torn between keeping them together or placing each cards in its associated original series binder for contrast.

I am not a big fan of the way they did the Wacky Ads chase set. The images are very small, especially on the multi-title cards. But the non-standard size of the cards themselves, is my biggest gripe. They don't fig snuggley into a standard 9 pocket page. I find myself placing a small pieced of Scotch tape at the top of each pocket to hold it closed. I wish they would have simply stayed with the standard card size with a border, for example. 

After placing my cards in the binders, I have to say I am still not a huge fan of the chrome cards. On one hand, its nice to have sharp, clean images of some old favorites on heavy card stock. There are some cards where the chrome helps enhance the original colors and others where a slight 3D affect is present. But there are just as many where the chrome is not complimentary to the original or muddies the colors. 

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »
I bought a couple packs from Target, and am pretty happy with the chromes. Of course every single pack was searched, with the top few cards pushed to the upper part of the pack. Topps really catered to the pack searchers this round - nice roomy packs, clear window, etc. Gimme a break. Anyhow, I actually benefitted from the searcher this time, cause I got to see a few titles I wanted within the packs. And I couldn't pass up the pack with Cracked Animals on top in the display window. That was fun.

Even though it's really cool to see Cracked Animals and other titles not yet re-run, the foil does make it hard for me to see some of the art. So that kinda sucks. I really like the Where Are They Now subset. I got Gazdooka, and I like seeing the 2 faces we all know and love, but this time they're on the ends of a long gum pack instead.

Hope I can find a base set with minimal subsets for cheap in a month or so.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2014, 08:31:46 PM »
A big thank you to JLeonard for the box of Wacky Chrome goodness! One person's trash is another one's gold. Maybe because I work in the packaging business, wrappers and boxes excite me.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2014, 10:00:33 PM »
I have a couple extra sets if anyone needs one. Just PM me.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2014, 10:35:04 PM »
Are blaster boxes the new bonus boxes? If so, are they available at Target? I see some on ebay... Is there a chance at pulling some of the goodies like altered art from them, or is it the usual deal where you can't trust loose boxes on ebay because once they find the box w/goodie, the rest of the case are duds?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #484 on: July 30, 2014, 05:42:37 AM »
Are blaster boxes the new bonus boxes? If so, are they available at Target? I see some on ebay... Is there a chance at pulling some of the goodies like altered art from them, or is it the usual deal where you can't trust loose boxes on ebay because once they find the box w/goodie, the rest of the case are duds?
yep, Blaster Box is the new Bonus Box, and they are at Target.
But they will always be 'Bonus' boxes to me.
Blaster feels like a Pokemon or Gaming card term, and just doesn't fit right.
I did pull a sketch card from one I bought at Target last week, so they are in the wild.
I have no idea if bonus box cases can be whittled down by online dealers.
It's always possible I suppose

Offline jg2000

« Reply #485 on: July 30, 2014, 06:27:37 AM »
Special Sketch Card of the day!

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #486 on: July 30, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »
Another awesome sketch!

Lookie at what I pulled today!

My girlfriend and I are Wacky Pack collectors, since 2008

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #487 on: July 30, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »
A big thank you to JLeonard for the box of Wacky Chrome goodness! One person's trash is another one's gold. Maybe because I work in the packaging business, wrappers and boxes excite me.
you are welcome

Offline havok77

« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2014, 03:17:14 PM »
finaly seeing the bonus boxes at target , but not one value pack yet . wacky chrome feeds are  all empty  in the 3 targets I went to today .

Offline mallomartian

« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2014, 05:32:42 PM »
Hi everyone!
I haven't been on the forum in a while. I found out about Chrome and had to get a few packs.
I really like them, but they are kind of expensive. It always fun to look for them in the stores. Shopping is one of my favorite activities.

I found this in one of the target value packs.  It was in a penny sleeve and looks like an original.
Does anyone know what subset this belongs to?
There are so many, I have no idea.