Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 304228 times)

Offline jg2000

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #385 on: July 24, 2014, 04:49:57 PM »
So much negativity Im really surprised. Allwell, off to some more targets tonight since i bought all the boxes at my local one. Anyone have look at toys are us?

What state are you in?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #386 on: July 24, 2014, 05:06:41 PM »
The gravity feed packs I left at the Target yesterday tonight looked like they had been through a battle.  Absolutely searched.

In our household we have started calling it "wrape"... Short for wrapper rape.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline WPcollector

« Reply #387 on: July 24, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »
Done opening 6 Hobby's. 1 Gravity Feed, 3 Value Packs and 1 Blaster Box.

2 B&W Sketches, 7 Golds, 13 Blues.  

2 base sets, Got All other cards except short one Wacky Ad. I got 35 different ones. Happy overall.

The refractors the came in the value packs and blaster box seem capable of bringing on an epileptic seizure.

I don't have Epilepsy but I am kind of afraid to stare at them for any length of time.

Got a Gold Bandache and a Blue Ratz so those are keepers. Probably close to a full set of basic refractors.

Still have one more Hobby Box and a Blaster Box on the way.  Hopefully that 36th Wacky d will surface there.  

AND My SUPERFRACTOR Card. 8)

lol what a waste of money.

You could have gotten all of that for less than 100$ if you waited 3 months.

Also for those of you expecting to hit a superfractor, you won't. The odds are massively against you and they produced enough of these to liquify the odds. The gpk odds were worse than printed on the package. Especially the atomic refractors from target.

i'll be buying a base set in december for 8$. Those of you spending $$$ on this release are going to have massive buyers regret. You've been warned.

and again, the guy above this post, drdeal is just a dealer hyping up this thread to 12 pages already.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:26:40 PM by WPcollector »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2014, 05:37:42 PM »
Where in PA. did you hit a Target?
Bullseye, PA

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #389 on: July 24, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »

Also for those of you expecting to hit a superfractor, you won't. The odds are massively against you and they produced enough of these to liquify the odds. The gpk odds were worse than printed on the package. Especially the atomic refractors from target.

i'll be buying a base set in december for 8$. Those of you spending $$$ on this release are going to have massive buyers regret. You've been warned.

and again, the guy above this post, drdeal is just a dealer hyping up this thread to 12 pages already.

Who invited negative nancy.  Lol... To some it's about collecting, not about being as cheap as possible.  Almost every new release sells for a premium right out the gate.  So your bold prediction is cheap and don't come back saying I told you so.  Some people like it, some don't, there's no reason to try and ruin it for people who do.

The superfractors are suppose to be hard to pull, the odds are stated, so the buyers knows how hard it is to pull.  No reason repeating it. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #390 on: July 24, 2014, 06:47:42 PM »

Tell us how you really feel :-*

Offline quas

« Reply #391 on: July 24, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »
Hit a target in Princeton NJ. Walked out with a pristine Gravity Feed, 1 Blaster Box and 3 Jumbo Packs. Cost was about $120. Came home to 6 Hobby Boxes on my front steps.  I have opened all but 3 Hobby's thus far. Cards are looking sweet. No sketchs/ plates or super hard pulls as of yet. Liking the way these look. My home office is lit up very well with this haul.  Still three cards short of Cutting Room Floor 20 card set. They better show up in those 3 Hobbys  :)

I think I went to that same Target.  All they had were 2 of the 7-pack boxes.  What are the 4 "bonus cards" in those boxes, and are those boxes the only source for those bonus cards?
Marc

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #392 on: July 24, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »

What state are you in?

I am in north NJ near NYC, found more boxes , just got home. Picked up a few gpks an got this tonight!

My girlfriend and I are Wacky Pack collectors, since 2008

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #393 on: July 24, 2014, 07:50:57 PM »
I like gettin the boxes because there is no chance of pack searching. Iv given up on rack packs for the most part... Why clear window packages topps? Well doest bother me in the end because the boxes exsist!

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #394 on: July 24, 2014, 08:00:24 PM »
Im hyped too! I have a hobby box from blowout arriving monday!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: July 24, 2014, 10:22:40 PM »
What are the 4 "bonus cards" in those boxes, and are those boxes the only source for those bonus cards?
they are base set cards but with the X-fractor look. (see below)
these are only in the blaster boxes.

Offline havok77

« Reply #396 on: July 24, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »
So much negativity Im really surprised. Allwell, off to some more targets tonight since i bought all the boxes at my local one. Anyone have look at toys are us?

im not surprised at all . similar  situation on the gpk boards. some people will dig em some wont . i got my case today and opened one box. i realy love these .   hate to hear about someone  reporting dinged corners . im guessing they came out of loose packs ? if they came out of blasters or hobby boxes ...theres no excuse for that .

Offline havok77

« Reply #397 on: July 24, 2014, 11:18:24 PM »
and for the gpk fans. look out for chrome series 2 retail this weekend ........ cant wait !!!

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #398 on: July 24, 2014, 11:41:50 PM »
im not surprised at all . similar  situation on the gpk boards. some people will dig em some wont . i got my case today and opened one box. i realy love these .   hate to hear about someone  reporting dinged corners . im guessing they came out of loose packs ? if they came out of blasters or hobby boxes ...theres no excuse for that .

Thanks, I envy your case! I love the thrill of the search - driving around on realease day... Walking through thoes target doors with my eyes glued to the trading card section, blasting past all the cash registers, on a mission. then the excitement as I get closer and closer realizing that I see a red gravity box from far away, and they have the new wackys!

Luck has it that my girlfriend shares the same experience along side me. And all this excitement, before even opening anything... Put it this way, i spend about $100 at the gas pump, $100's more at the grocery mart weekly, spending less than that about 2wce a year puts thing in perspective. Work hard, play hard, i feel like its a great little hobby.

Guarantee you wont get that kind of excitement buying opened sets on ebay months later. But listen i respect other peoples views, just trying to express there is other excitement to be had before ripping packs open :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:48:18 PM by LukeDeem »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #399 on: July 24, 2014, 11:55:10 PM »
Luke, really well said. 

Offline havok77

« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2014, 12:09:29 AM »
Thanks, I envy your case! I love the thrill of the search - driving around on realease day... Walking through thoes target doors with my eyes glued to the trading card section, blasting past all the cash registers, on a mission. then the excitement as I get closer and closer realizing that I see a red gravity box from far away, and they have the new wackys!

Luck has it that my girlfriend shares the same experience along side me. And all this excitement, before even opening anything... Put it this way, i spend about $100 at the gas pump, $100's more at the grocery mart weekly, spending less than that about 2wce a year puts thing in perspective. Work hard, play hard, i feel like its a great little hobby.

Guarantee you wont get that kind of excitement buying opened sets on ebay months later. But listen i respect other peoples views, just trying to express there is other excitement to be had before ripping packs open :)

yeah , i realy dont care if people feel i spend too much on the hobby . it's something i realy enjoy.  im not blowing my money on things like drugs and alcohol . it's great that your gf enjoys this with you .

i do love walking into target  and hoping they have what im looking for . but it's oh so painful to walk out  empty handed ........ i love the looks i get when i ask about the "new gpk's or wacky packs " ...... also i no longer ask a employee to open up the excel cases if i see them . i just open them up myself.  most of the time there no help ....

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2014, 12:25:43 AM »
Thanks guys, The response from the target employes that I have received is that the "vender" controls that section , so like you said.. No help.

And yes I have had the walk of shame with no wackys haha, but if that never happened it wouldnt be as exciting right?! I am lucky that believe it or not I have 4 targets within a 10 mile radius from my home. This past tuesday we hit 3 of them with no luck! We have had luck pre-release day in the past for sure

Another thing I noticed is that it seems they are selling pretty good, last night and tonight the gravitys were down to less than 10 packs. I was pretty amazed by that. And one target tonight only had one blaster box left. Gotta be a good sign for this area at least. I always leave a box, and rack packs for others to enjoy.

Goodnight, talk tom!

Offline havok77

« Reply #402 on: July 25, 2014, 12:30:06 AM »
well i have heard the same excuse . i sort of got into a argument one time with a target employee. she came over to tell me i wasnt supposed to be opening up the excel boxes. that only the vendor could . the boxes had gpk chrome in them . she was trying to tell me i couldnt buy them ? once again the vendor has to put them on display ? i was like ............ listen ......... i came here specifically for this ..... im a customer with money ready to spend ..... what is the problem here ?  she replied with fine .... go ahead and take them but please dont open up the boxes on your own ever again .....

i say ..... if its' release day ....... hurry up mr vendor person  !!!!!!!!!!!! and get the stuff onto the shelves  !!!!!!!

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2014, 12:32:06 AM »
Thats a great story and I would have done the same for sure!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2014, 04:36:26 AM »
Has anyone found an altered art card?  I'm curious as to the titles, and whether they are specially marked on the back.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2014, 05:18:28 AM »
Tell us how you really feel :-*

And this time don't hold back how you really feel >:D

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2014, 05:22:44 AM »
Has anyone found an altered art card?  I'm curious as to the titles, and whether they are specially marked on the back.
You and me both,  I really want to know what both of the 1:1500 odds cards are before I start the sorting of base singles

Offline jg2000

« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2014, 06:09:10 AM »
if you don't find any altered art cards, maybe you'll find one of these. You can see in the pic that there is a 'Spray Nit' puzzle sketch. I did a few of those for the chrome set trying to make the hunt more exciting.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2014, 06:26:12 AM »
You and me both,  I really want to know what both of the 1:1500 odds cards are before I start the sorting of base singles
that'd be great if it's really just 1 card altered in each manner.
but it might be more, maybe 2 of each type

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2014, 08:03:36 AM »
if you don't find any altered art cards, maybe you'll find one of these. You can see in the pic that there is a 'Spray Nit' puzzle sketch. I did a few of those for the chrome set trying to make the hunt more exciting.

Wow, amazing!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:54 AM »
One funny thing about the WP Chrome release that makes me laugh... on eBay auctions for refractors, you can usually see the reflection of the person taking the picture with their smartphone.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2014, 09:39:13 AM »
Haha that is funny! that reminds me last night my girlfriend said she's going to keep some in her purse to use as a emergency mirror, we were laughing..

Offline havok77

« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2014, 09:58:09 AM »
left 2 targets today empty handed . what a terrible feeling. think im just gonna buy some bonus boxes online. but still gonna look out for value packs.

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »
Wow, do you think they sold out or never had them in the first place? I feel for ya man

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
I am in north NJ near NYC
So am I. Where specifically?

Offline quas

« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »

I am in Princeton myself.  Near the Quakerbridge Mall.
Marc

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2014, 03:31:57 PM »

(BTW, my Dad's family lives in Plainfield NJ....         heading to NJ in 2 weeks, with my sister for a visit)

Offline havok77

« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
Wow, do you think they sold out or never had them in the first place? I feel for ya man

not sure. one had a gravity feed. but I don't want anything to do with them packs. its odd cuz the excel box had the feed, but no bonus boxes or value packs. will have to try again  mid next week. anyone know what days they get new shipments ?

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2014, 04:34:39 PM »
I visited a Target in the North Hills of Pittsburgh yesterday. I checked the usual trading card section, no Chrome. I checked the end cap in the toy department, and it was all game cards. Thought it was a strikeout.

On my way out, I noticed that one of the checkout aisles near the trading card section had an additional small display with mostly HeroClix, but also some entertainment cards--including a Chrome gravity feed. No bonus boxes. So folks who are not finding them in the usual spot might want to double-check those aisles.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #419 on: July 25, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »
I purchased one Chrome hobby box and couldn't resist opening the whole thing last night.  Now I have to say I love opening packs. Usually (actually, almost always) cheaper to purchase sets on ebay, but the thrill of killing packs just can't be beat.  And I really enjoyed opening these packs. Did I get a super-refractor. No. Did I care. No. Will I ever be able to "get my investment back." No.  It was just fun. Plain and simple. Is this a silly amount of money to spend on fun. Probably.  Do I regret it?  No!