Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 304226 times)

Offline SuperfractorNut

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2014, 08:34:40 PM »
The official title on the top of the package is "Value Pack" They each contain 3 packs of cards and 4 "atomic" refractor cards (stained glass pattern). The packs inside have a completely different wrapper design than the ones in the top loaders with the clear windows.
l

Nice, those atomic crystal refractors are a huge hit for GPK fans.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
The official title on the top of the package is "Value Pack" They each contain 3 packs of cards and 4 "atomic" refractor cards (stained glass pattern). The packs inside have a completely different wrapper design than the ones in the top loaders with the clear windows.

Man, it's hard to keep track of all the types of cards and types of packs.  I did find a gravity feed here in Madison, WI tonight at a Target.  Interestingly, there were 24 packs in it, but aren't the gravity feeds supposed to have 48 packs?  Perhaps exactly half of the gravity feed were already purchased.  I did look in the toy section but didn't find any of the "value packs".  Perhaps I missed them, but they do sound like a reasonable value.  I'll have to check another Target or two tomorrow and see what I can find.

I did pick up four packs tonight, though I've opened just one.  Found a "where are they now" as well as a wacky ad in it.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2014, 08:39:47 PM »
I just opened a second pack and got a refractor card.  However, other than seeing the word "refractor" on the back, I can't tell the difference between it and a regular card.  What am I missing?

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2014, 08:43:08 PM »
I just opened a second pack and got a refractor card.  However, other than seeing the word "refractor" on the back, I can't tell the difference between it and a regular card.  What am I missing?

For some reason, some people can not see the refractor too good.  I guess you are one of them.  Also sometime the refractorness is low on some, making it harder to see.  I guess this happens when printing.  You can see it better under a light.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47:56 PM »
Example.  Below is two pictures if the same card.  One is under light at the right angle and the other is a scan.

Scan

Picture

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
For some reason, some people can not see the refractor too good.  I guess you are one of them.  Also sometime the refractorness is low on some, making it harder to see.  I guess this happens when printing.  You can see it better under a light.

I guess I do see it a bit under a light.  It seems the refractors are a bit darker.  The light that is reflected off the side of the image is not as bright.  Quite honestly, I think I prefer the non-refractors to the refractors.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2014, 09:03:09 PM »
I guess I do see it a bit under a light.  It seems the refractors are a bit darker.  The light that is reflected off the side of the image is not as bright.  Quite honestly, I think I prefer the non-refractors to the refractors.

What do you think of the atomic refractors?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #287 on: July 21, 2014, 09:04:03 PM »
What do you think of the atomic refractors?

I haven't gotten any of those yet, I don't think.  Are they the ones in the value packs?

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »
I haven't gotten any of those yet, I don't think.  Are they the ones in the value packs?

I think so.  They have a stain glass type design.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2014, 09:36:47 PM »
Here's a superfractor:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-TOPPS-WACKY-PACKAGES-CHROME-Superfractor-1-1-BUSTEDFINGER-Refractor-SP-SSP-/271555276075?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f39f4ad2b
you've put that in the wrong thread - that belongs in Are These People Nuts?

it may be 1/1, but that looks like swill and not even worth $10. I'd much rather have one of the altered or modified cards.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:48:07 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »

it may be 1/1, but that looks like swill and not even worth $10. I'd much rather have on of the altered or modified cards.

Let me know if you pull a super! Lol

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2014, 09:47:35 PM »
Will the Gadzooka superfractor be the most valuable one in this set?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:09 PM »

it may be 1/1, but that looks like swill and not even worth $10. I'd much rather have one of the altered or modified cards.

I agree. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole thing. I guess I'll have to wait for my case. I really only want the lost set. I ordered a case because i love opening packs. If I get a superefractor it will hopefully pay for my case. I just don't see Wacky collectors paying the big bucks for these.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
Will the Gadzooka superfractor be the most valuable one in this set?

No one knows. Every person has their favorites. It all depends on the collector.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2014, 10:05:23 PM »
No one knows. Every person has their favorites. It all depends on the collector.

Just basing it off the fact it's the one wacky Topps put in there 75th anniversary set.  Goes for a good amount being numbered out of 75.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-75th-Anniversary-GADZOOKA-Sparkle-Foil-d-12-75-Card-46-/310935180500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item48652e54d4

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #298 on: July 22, 2014, 03:05:28 AM »
I will do some hunting today at Targets. This is the first I have heard of the Value Packs with Atomic Refractors. I will pick a few packs up to have a couple. 

Offline Swiski

« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2014, 05:35:57 AM »
Here's a photo of the value packs. It has a window large enough to fan the packs to see just the edge of the refractors.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2014, 05:48:18 AM »
Here's a photo of the value packs. It has a window large enough to fan the packs to see just the edge of the refractors.

So these are searchable too?

Offline Simpsonsman120

« Reply #301 on: July 22, 2014, 06:17:54 AM »
Just did some more digging on these, and might pick some up. I might even buy a case if I can get some money.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2014, 07:51:47 AM »
So these are searchable too?

You can barely see anything. I just can see the pattern if the refractor. Id there a chance Walmart be selling blasters and value packs with different refractors?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2014, 07:55:01 AM »
Are the borderless cards another variant set to collect? I noticed a few on eBay and purchased 1 pack from a top loader with a borderless Beanball in the window.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2014, 08:02:53 AM »
Are the borderless cards another variant set to collect? I noticed a few on eBay and purchased 1 pack from a top loader with a borderless Beanball in the window.

It's all so dang confusing at this point. I'll have a better handle on this when I start opening packs.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »

Without seeing a picture, the description sounds like a "regular" refractor. There is the chrome base card, then there is a similar (but slightly different) refractor that looks kinda "rainbowy" in sun light or under a bright light.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2014, 09:23:40 AM »
It's all so dang confusing at this point. I'll have a better handle on this when I start opening packs.

So far, this WP chrome release seems to parallel what they did in the GPK chrome release so not really too confusing.

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »
Are the borderless cards another variant set to collect?
No. Nothing to chase there, they're base cards.
Those are the 3 checklist cards: 108, 109, 110.
One card each for each of the series 1, 2, 3 Checklist puzzles.
Gadzooka, Sugermess and Beanball, all without a black border and a larger image.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:02:33 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
maybe because I threw together the Master List, but doesn't seem that confusing. very similar to ANS10 and ANS11, but chrome varieties instead of border color varieties.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
maybe because I threw together the Master List, but doesn't seem that confusing. very similar to ANS10 and ANS11, but chrome varieties instead of border color varieties.

Agree... although I am not clear whether the base, Lost, Where are They Now, Cutting Room Floor and Wacky Ad subsets are all available in all the various refractor types. I think in the Chrome GPK release, only some subsets were, but not 100% sure. I think this release is going to be tough for most of us to perform due diligence on all the variations, etc. because of less than great enthusiasm and high price. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2014, 02:10:52 PM »
Hit Target in Princeton NJ and City Ave Philadelphia........ZIPPPPPO.  Checked Toy aisle end caps for Value packs too. Nuttin!

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2014, 02:18:32 PM »
Busted finger super sold for 550$ off ebay.

Offline cddx

« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »
Still nothing in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Hit 2 targets today including toy section. maybe tomorrow.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #313 on: July 22, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
3 Boxes have shipped to me today from Dave and Adams. No action yet at Blowout (1box) , BBtoystore(1 Blaster Box) or Potomac (3 Boxes)

So I should be crackin packs by Thurs. I will hit some more Targets tomorrow. Any Excel box I happen upon will be summarily sliced and

perused. 8)  Anyone know for sure how many packs in a Gravity Feed? looking to see what one will cost.

I copied the info below from the Blowout cards Forum.  Notice the two "Short Print" items.  That is good info to have.

"Retail pack odds
If hobby odds are the same for superfractors then there are about 1300 cases. I hope hobby has better odds but 1300 cases is not unbelievable.

Only guarantee one sketch per case with these odds. Not good.

base cards:
refractors (1:2)
super (1:3,415)
Printing plate (1:852)
Artist Auto (1:341)
Redemption (1:7,470)
Buy Back (1:5,025)
Sketch (1:195)
Mix up character short print (1:1,500)
Alter Art Short Print (1:1,500)
Wacky Ads (1:3)
Cutting Room floor (1:4)
Lost Wacky (1:6)
Where are they now ( 1:8) "
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:18:48 PM by DrDeal »

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: July 22, 2014, 04:14:23 PM »

I copied the info below from the Blowout cards Forum.  Notice the two "Short Print" items.  That is good info to have.

odds look the same as Rabid Shaver posted Sunday and what I posted in the Master List.
good that there aren't different numbers floating around

I already figured that if *every* base card is altered, there is only 2 of each Short Print.
Likely there are really only a few altered titles, which would give around 50 of each