Author Topic: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming  (Read 301422 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: Wacky Packages Chrome Coming
« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »
Mine was on a random shelf with the hangers still inside.....wall was too loaded with other cards right now to hang up....

Hey RS, Congrats on getting them.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2014, 08:50:21 PM »
If these scalpers plan on buying a bunch of "hot packs" from Target, tamper with them, then try to return them....they are in for a surprise! Target changed their return policy so if you return ANY vendor product, especially trading cards, you can only get an exchange on the exact same item. At least that's what happened to me at two different Target stores when I tried to return some mini figurines last week that I decided I didn't want. Now I'm stuck with them. Oh well. But this should hopefully crack down on the problem with trading cards.

That seems like bad news for most everyone except the pack searchers. They can buy packs and take them home and weigh them and put them under a light with magnification, and simply return the losers for more packs to search. I guess the searchers can't return packs for cash or beer, but that doesn't seem like a huge deterrent to me. Maybe I'm missing something. It's become such a significant issue they shouldn't allow returns of packs at all.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #247 on: July 20, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »
The ebay seller said he got the sketch from blaster box and that he has other chrome from the box. There is now a "Hot Pack" up so pack searchers got to them first. Oh well.

Andrew, the seller you emailed (chimchim3) just scored another sketch.  I seriously doubt he's getting them from Blaster Boxes.  All the evidence points to him being a pack searcher and I'm not buying from him.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #248 on: July 20, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »
Ok I am from Illinois I was able to get some target boxes today. I did see gravity feeds, and the cards are a pack searchers dream come true. It has a clear window on the front and all you have to do is shift each card to see the rest. The only way Topps could have made this easier is if they changed the pack color of hot packs or used a neon sign. If you are not the first one to a gravity feed then do not even bother looking at them. All that is going to happen is there will be mAny unopened gravity feeds and Topps is going to wonder why no one is buying this awesome product. I can not believe the plain stupidity of Topps with this bone head move.

LOL, I like your neon sign comment!!!

Before I knew there was a transparent window in front, I did a search to see if any pack searchers had posted info how they were searching Chrome, and read this article about baseball Chromes.

http://amateurhotpackhunter.blogspot.com/2013/12/sort-of-pack-searching-2013-topps.html

Here are two clips from the blog article. The second part cracks me up. It's called K   A   R   M   A

The truth is, by putting the retail packs in sealed rack packs (and blaster boxes), instead of having loose retail packs, it makes it much harder for us pack searchers to find the autographs. Surely, they must know that it is always easier to search a single individual pack of cards for a hit rather than trying to search a whole sealed rack pack (or sealed blaster). I actually think Topps' movement towards packaging more and more products in rack packs is a conscious effort to thwart pack searching. I wouldn't be wholly surprised if some of their people even read this blog or the two pack searching websites to glean information on how pack searchers figure out what are in retail packs of cards.

I took my two rack packs and food to the cash registers to pay for them. I had my stuff in one of those hand carts. I put it on the little conveyer belt. When it got to the cashier dude, he literally picked up the hand cart, held it two feet above the conveyer belt, turned it upside down, and dumped out my stuff onto the conveyer belt without one bit of care. I cringed while I saw the rack packs smack down onto the conveyer belt on their edges and corners. I was actually pretty pissed. I imagined the cards having huge dented corners because of this jackass cashier guy. I wanted to smack him in the face for what he did. And it wasn't just about the cards, I was also pissed because I had other stuff in the hand cart too which didn't need to get thrown around. I'm not sure what this dude's deal was. He was a clueless shithead. Par for the course in this town working at this Target.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #249 on: July 20, 2014, 09:29:11 PM »
What box variations will Chrome be coming in? Is there a 24 pack box a-la the previous ANS series?

Someone needs to start a Chrome Master List entry.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2014, 03:56:50 AM »
Andrew, the seller you emailed (chimchim3) just scored another sketch.  I seriously doubt he's getting them from Blaster Boxes.  All the evidence points to him being a pack searcher and I'm not buying from him.

Dear drdealone,

I have most of the chrome set as well as the inserts. I purchased quite a few blaster boxes. I'm not collecting the refractors, atomic refractors or the rare inserts/autographs.

- chimchim3

Here is our communication for your knowledge. I won't be buying much online. Hoping for a SUPERFRACTOR from my boxes coming from OLDS.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2014, 06:26:39 AM »
VERY psyched to see the 17th Cards showing up in this set as hoped!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2014, 07:22:35 AM »
Pack searching spoils most of the fun of finding Wackys "in the wild" for me.........  At several bucks a pack, knowing I have about zero chance of pulling anything special in a Target has kept me from buying packs at retail for several series now.

Although it is easy to become discouraged I find you have to pick your battles in this hobby. Would I expect to find any "rare" card in a retail box at Target? Nah. A vertical feed is a different story since it seems easier to determine if it has previously been molested. I pulled 2 gold parallels from a Target vertical feed right during the end run of ANS11 because it was freshly set up and even if it wasn't, unless one has baby hands, it seem hard to get in there and put the packs back in a uniform fashion.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2014, 07:42:07 AM »
Although it is easy to become discouraged I find you have to pick your battles in this hobby. Would I expect to find any "rare" card in a retail box at Target? Nah. A vertical feed is a different story since it seems easier to determine if it has previously been molested. I pulled 2 gold parallels from a Target vertical feed right during the end run of ANS11 because it was freshly set up and even if it wasn't, unless one has baby hands, it seem hard to get in there and put the packs back in a uniform fashion.

How exactly do you determine that a vertical feed hasn't been molested??

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2014, 08:09:53 AM »
I just got a note from Danny at Blowout and it sounds like they are ready to ship so the cards arrive on Wed.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #255 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:43 AM »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2014, 10:39:42 AM »
Just know what a superfractor is if you pull one.  One guy sold a GPK superfractor for 10$ last year.  And now this.

This is a 4K card.  He is aware of the mistake now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-Carrie-Fisher-Autograph-Star-Wars-Chrome-Perspectives-Leia-Organa-2014-/351121645128?pt=UK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL&hash=item51c07b1e48&nma=true&si=Yl3vy6Vjf27EsrZleHyt6K9R82c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Won't WP Chrome Superfractors say "Superfractor" on the reverse of the card?  I think that's the case withy GPK's.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #257 on: July 21, 2014, 10:46:59 AM »
Won't WP Chrome Superfractors say "Superfractor" on the reverse of the card?  I think that's the case withy GPK's.

No they will only say refractor, if they are the same as other Topps chrome sets.  But they should be labeled 1/1.  For some reason the star wars chrome superfractor autographs were not stamped 1/1.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2014, 11:37:44 AM »
I just got a note from Danny at Blowout and it sounds like they are ready to ship so the cards arrive on Wed.

Danny just told be he will not be getting them till Thurday.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2014, 12:34:18 PM »
What box variations will Chrome be coming in? Is there a 24 pack box a-la the previous ANS series?

Someone needs to start a Chrome Master List entry.

now Started.
and already excessively long...

for sure:
7 count blaster boxes
24 count retail/hobby boxes
48? count gravity feed

Offline Swiski

« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »
now Started.
and already excessively long...

for sure:
7 count blaster boxes
24 count retail/hobby boxes
48? count gravity feed

I think we will also see Jumbo Packs with "stained glass" pattern bonus refractors.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »
How exactly do you determine that a vertical feed hasn't been molested??

Observe the uniformity of the packs and observe how the vertical boxes are displayed. They aren't the display boxes where you can search the packs and then place them back into the box looking as fresh as it did when it was opened. Even if you took all of the packs out of the bottom opening you still have to contend with an extremely small slit up top that wouldn't not guarantee any type of uniformity if the cards were dropped back in. Chances are they be upside down, perhaps stove piped, etc..,
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:18:37 PM by FourRoses »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:04 PM »
Good Afternoon My Chromie Homies!

Sadly Virginia Beach Target is not in stock as of 5:45pm...... but there are some new and empty pegs!!!!!

On a brighter note - My Case has been shipped UPS today so ANY CHROMIE DAY NOW!!!!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2014, 03:11:31 PM »
Chromiegeddon Approaches........... Get out your SHADES  8)    You will need them.

I can see the UPS guy saying to himself......What is that strange glow being emitted by the box back there???

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2014, 03:57:34 PM »
Thank You  ;)

Hey RS, Congrats on getting them.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »
Does anyone know the hobby odds?  If they are like GPK chrome they were be the same as retail.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2014, 05:47:20 PM »
I guess it's too early for a spoilers thread?  I want to see what these things look like before I consider wasting time (and gas) to look for them in the wild!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Simpsonsman120

« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2014, 06:29:52 PM »
I guess it's too early for a spoilers thread?  I want to see what these things look like before I consider wasting time (and gas) to look for them in the wild!

Yeah, same here. Gonna need some pics before I even consider buying them.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »

I think there are some up on ebay

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2014, 06:44:55 PM »
Danny just told be he will not be getting them till Thurday.

I received UPS tracking. I wonder if they sold out and he's waiting for another shipment?

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2014, 06:54:35 PM »
I received UPS tracking. I wonder if they sold out and he's waiting for another shipment?

Yeah he did.  I was trying to decide between a case of wacky chrome and 75th anniversary.  While I tried to decide he sold out. Lol. I do not want to wait till Tuesdays to open something so I got a case of topps 75th for Friday.  I am also scared hobby will have the same odds as retail like GPK OS1 chrome.  If that is the case you are only guaranteed one sketch per hobby case!

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2014, 07:06:28 PM »
No that's an xfractor.  Probably from retail packs or Blasters.
.....humm.....wonder what the odds for those are......??

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2014, 07:15:42 PM »
.....humm.....wonder what the odds for those are......??

If it follows the usual Topps chrome pattern, they only come in Blasters and will be a bonus pack with four of them inside that bonus pack.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2014, 07:44:13 PM »
If it follows the usual Topps chrome pattern, they only come in Blasters and will be a bonus pack with four of them inside that bonus pack.

That was the Blaster box Description. 8th pack has 4 bonus XFractor Cards.  Selling them for $10 each will work out well for dealers.  Anyone know how much the GPK XFractors go for?

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2014, 07:47:38 PM »
That was the Blaster box Description. 8th pack has 4 bonus XFractor Cards.  Selling them for $10 each will work out well for dealers.  Anyone know how much the GPK XFractors go for?

2$ for commons.  A 110 card xfractor set sells for 250$.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »
I picked up 1 blaster box and 2 jumbo packs at one of my Targets today. The jumbo packs were in the toy section. Is it inflation or just the fact that these are Chrome cards for the higher prices? $20 for blaster boxes and $10 for the jumbo packs. Yikes! I'm not going to attempt to get a lot of the x-fractors or the prism refractors...just a few. I'll save some money to buy a mini master set on eBay in a few weeks.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2014, 08:17:19 PM »
I picked up 1 blaster box and 2 jumbo packs at one of my Targets today. The jumbo packs were in the toy section. Is it inflation or just the fact that these are Chrome cards for the higher prices? $20 for blaster boxes and $10 for the jumbo packs. Yikes! I'm not going to attempt to get a lot of the x-fractors or the prism refractors...just a few. I'll save some money to buy a mini master set on eBay in a few weeks.

What came in the jumbo pack?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2014, 08:31:24 PM »
What came in the jumbo pack?

The official title on the top of the package is "Value Pack" They each contain 3 packs of cards and 4 "atomic" refractor cards (stained glass pattern). The packs inside have a completely different wrapper design than the ones in the top loaders with the clear windows.

anything