Author Topic: 2014 Wacky releases  (Read 59891 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: 2014 Wacky releases
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2014, 07:50:35 PM »
I'm glad to see that Topps isn't ignoring Wackys and they do look pretty cool to me.  However, I'll pass given my limited wall space, closet space, and funds.  Like a few others, I'd like to see some classic titles, but I understand Topps can't produce a million titles.  I'd be up for paying $20 or so for one of my favorite titles, but $60 plus shipping for some newer titles isn't going to do it for me.  If I saw these in a store, I might pick up Mirky Way for $20, but I doubt I'll find anyone selling these as singles and probably not for $20 either.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2014, 03:15:43 AM »
I'm glad to see that Topps isn't ignoring Wackys and they do look pretty cool to me.  However, I'll pass given my limited wall space, closet space, and funds.  Like a few others, I'd like to see some classic titles, but I understand Topps can't produce a million titles.  I'd be up for paying $20 or so for one of my favorite titles, but $60 plus shipping for some newer titles isn't going to do it for me.  If I saw these in a store, I might pick up Mirky Way for $20, but I doubt I'll find anyone selling these as singles and probably not for $20 either.

I agree with these sentiments. I would buy one just to have one. Maybe Mirky Way or M&M's. But not three for $60.  Oh well. Nice they are trying something new.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2014, 03:32:42 AM »
It's great that Topps is trying something new with Wackys, and I'm giving these a shot.  Why not buy the set with the one you like best and sell the others?  There's still time for a few forum friends to team up.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2014, 03:51:30 PM »
Why not buy the set with the one you like best and sell the others?  There's still time for a few forum friends to team up.
Not sure why this didn't occur to me. Anyway, if crackedjerk and DrDeal want to go in on a three set and split the cost, I'd buy them and distribute for my cost ($20 each). Just LMK, guys. I'll keep whichever one is left, no preference.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »
Not sure why this didn't occur to me. Anyway, if crackedjerk and DrDeal want to go in on a three set and split the cost, I'd buy them and distribute for my cost ($20 each). Just LMK, guys. I'll keep whichever one is left, no preference.

Thanks for the offer. Funds are tight right now so I will not be able to go in on this.

Andrew

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2014, 04:01:05 PM »

I'd go in for one. Just don't have the wall space in the "Wackies allowed" part of the house for more. I really like the Mirky Way title myself.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #216 on: October 29, 2014, 05:55:41 PM »

Since DrDeal isn't up for this, if someone wants to go in with bigtomi and I, let me know.  With the shipping to one of us and the subsequent shipping to the other two people, the total would probably be around $25 for the plaque and shipping for one plaque.  I do like the Mirky Way the most, which would leave Hairy Mane and Whatchamakillit.  Or, I'd like the Hounds from the other set, leaving MuMmy's and Marrow Cup.

Anyone?

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2014, 06:20:08 PM »
Since DrDeal isn't up for this, if someone wants to go in with bigtomi and I, let me know.  With the shipping to one of us and the subsequent shipping to the other two people, the total would probably be around $25 for the plaque and shipping for one plaque.  I do like the Mirky Way the most, which would leave Hairy Mane and Whatchamakillit.  Or, I'd like the Hounds from the other set, leaving MuMmy's and Marrow Cup.

Anyone?

Cracked, I'd be in for $25 for the Hairy Mane.  PM me if it's gonna happen.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2014, 08:12:49 PM »
Cracked, I'd be in for $25 for the Hairy Mane.  PM me if it's gonna happen.

bigtomi, you in for $25 for the Whatchamakillit?  If so, I'll order that set and you and Joe G and I will each get a plaque.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #219 on: October 30, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »
bigtomi, you in for $25 for the Whatchamakillit?  If so, I'll order that set and you and Joe G and I will each get a plaque.
It looks like Sco(o)t, crackedjerk and Joe G. can partner up. I will step out of it, as I really am neutral about even getting one.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2014, 05:43:35 PM »

I'd be in for the Watchamakallit.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »
I'd be in for the Watchamakallit.

Cool!  I'll order the set and send the Watchamakillit to sco(o)t and the Hairy Mane to Joe G.  I'll PM you guys when I get the set and figure out the details.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
Tom, well done!  Thanks for coordinating this.  I'm so glad to be able to have a Halloween Plaque on the wall.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2014, 07:15:29 PM »
Tom, well done!  Thanks for coordinating this.  I'm so glad to be able to have a Halloween Plaque on the wall.

Happy to do it!  I'm glad to have one as well.  Now if we can just convince Topps to do some classic titles as well...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
I love the postcards. I think the Halloween PCs are even better but I don't think this set has the best of the series. A few good titles but they could have used other titles. I really wished we could have had a Halloween Wacky PC set. I'm assuming that how slow the last years collector set took to sell they feel that it's not a f
Good financial sense. What they could have don is do another super limited series such as 200 or so. If they really want to make money, offer a super special limited edition series that includes all the bios along with a couple bonus cards and sketch for around $100. Make it a totally fun collectors set. Maybe even include a comic. Limit it to 200 sets.

anything