Author Topic: Spring Allentown Show (May 3rd/4th).  (Read 15530 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Spring Allentown Show (May 3rd/4th).
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:00:49 AM »
Rob (Dr. Popper) sent me a PM of an e-mail message that was sent to him by Roxanne Toser about the next non-sport show, This is what he and her wanted me to pass along to all of you:

"As soon as the 59th was over, I began planning for the 60th. Since it is the 60th, we are holding a banquet on Saturday night at  Buca di Beppo (714 Grape St., Whitehall, PA) a fantastic Italian restaurant less than 10 minutes from our host hotel—Hilton Garden Inn. What they have to offer is a five-course meal: appetizer, salad, pasta, entrée and dessert. The normal cost for this dinner is almost $40.00. With the help of generous sponsorship from the following manufacturers: Breygent Marketing, Cryptozoic Entertainment and Topps Inc., we are able to offer this meal for $25.00 including tax and gratuity.

In the past when we’ve had special events, the Wacky Packages gang has not participated. Since the show is a great place for all of you to get together, it would seem like some of you should help support events—especially something celebrating the 60th show. I am hoping you will run this by the guys and see if some will attend. Jay Lynch will be one of our artists and he will be at the dinner. I’m thinking of asking attendees to contribute a small amount (probably $5) towards the cost of the artist’s dinner. The first five who contribute can sit with the artist at the dinner. Not sure about this yet but we’ll see. The guys usually take Jay away right after the show but they won’t be able to this time because Jay knows he must attend the dinner.

Here is a link for a survey regarding the dinner http://non-sport-update.polldaddy.com/s/60th-philly-non-sports-card-show-dinner-survey."

Offline quas

Re: Spring Allentown Show (May 3rd/4th).
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:05:08 AM »
Rob (Dr. Popper) sent me a PM of an e-mail message that was sent to him by Roxanne Toser about the next non-sport show, This is what he and her wanted me to pass along to all of you:

"As soon as the 59th was over, I began planning for the 60th. Since it is the 60th, we are holding a banquet on Saturday night at  Buca di Beppo (714 Grape St., Whitehall, PA) a fantastic Italian restaurant less than 10 minutes from our host hotel—Hilton Garden Inn. What they have to offer is a five-course meal: appetizer, salad, pasta, entrée and dessert. The normal cost for this dinner is almost $40.00. With the help of generous sponsorship from the following manufacturers: Breygent Marketing, Cryptozoic Entertainment and Topps Inc., we are able to offer this meal for $25.00 including tax and gratuity.

In the past when we’ve had special events, the Wacky Packages gang has not participated. Since the show is a great place for all of you to get together, it would seem like some of you should help support events—especially something celebrating the 60th show. I am hoping you will run this by the guys and see if some will attend. Jay Lynch will be one of our artists and he will be at the dinner. I’m thinking of asking attendees to contribute a small amount (probably $5) towards the cost of the artist’s dinner. The first five who contribute can sit with the artist at the dinner. Not sure about this yet but we’ll see. The guys usually take Jay away right after the show but they won’t be able to this time because Jay knows he must attend the dinner.

Here is a link for a survey regarding the dinner http://non-sport-update.polldaddy.com/s/60th-philly-non-sports-card-show-dinner-survey."

Thanks Mark!  I just signed up for the dinner.  Looking forward to it!

To all attendees of the Spring Philly/Allentown show, please feel free to bring any and all OLDS4 sketches to the show for "show and tell", etc.  I'll being a bunch of mine.  I'm in the market for buying and trading these!  (Sorry, I know this should be in the Buy or Trade section of the Forum, but not getting any responses there at the moment!  :-\)
Marc

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
Thanks Mark!  I just signed up for the dinner.  Looking forward to it!

To all attendees of the Spring Philly/Allentown show, please feel free to bring any and all OLDS4 sketches to the show for "show and tell", etc.  I'll being a bunch of mine.  I'm in the market for buying and trading these!  (Sorry, I know this should be in the Buy or Trade section of the Forum, but not getting any responses there at the moment!  :-\)

Glad to hear that you are attending the dinner Marc, I'm not sure if I'll be going to it yet, But of course I do plan on attending the show on the 3rd and possibly staying over night. I thought that by posting this message from Rob/Roxanne the replies from the frequent attendees of the Allentown show would jump on here with a word or two, But apparently Jan. was too early for anyone to chime in. But that's when Rob wanted me to post it and I was happy to do it for him.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »

Glad to hear that you are attending the dinner Marc, I'm not sure if I'll be going to it yet, But of course I do plan on attending the show on the 3rd and possibly staying over night. I thought that by posting this message from Rob/Roxanne the replies from the frequent attendees of the Allentown show would jump on here with a word or two, But apparently Jan. was too early for anyone to chime in. But that's when Rob wanted me to post it and I was happy to do it for him.

also going to the show...the dinner sounds enticing...but we'll see...if they have great promos I might stay... :o :o

Offline quas

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »
also going to the show...the dinner sounds enticing...but we'll see...if they have great promos I might stay... :o :o

I assume they will be serving Moron Chicken Dinners with DeLinquent Spinach on the side?  And maybe some Fibby's to drink?
Marc

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 01:45:26 PM »
I assume they will be serving Moron Chicken Dinners with DeLinquent Spinach on the side?  And maybe some Fibby's to drink?

:] :] :] :]

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »
I am planning on going to the show / dinner / overnight.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »
I am also doing show, dinner,and overnight.  However I am hitting Atlantic City on Friday!😃

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 08:24:46 PM »

How about some Hopeless Snowballs or Hostage cupcakes for dessert-LOL.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:27 PM »

Hey Mark, Looking forward to seeing you soon, Hope you're up for an ANS trade session then.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 08:27:40 PM »
I am also doing show, dinner,and overnight.  However I am hitting Atlantic City on Friday!😃

Hey Joe, Can't wait to see you & the Mrs.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 03:43:02 PM »
I will be at the Philly Show.  I am always looking for Ludlows, and Shedd's and series 15 and series 16, Die Cuts and ADS.  Just stop me if you have anything you are looking to sell and I usually will be a buyer.  Thanks Joe

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 07:27:04 PM »
I suppose it's too early to know, but I'm curious if there will be any wacky promos at this show. 

I just read that the newest issue of Non-Sport Update is shipping.  Not that I expected any, but once again there is no wacky promo out of the five promos in the issue.  It's been a long time since NSU had a wacky promo and it would sure be nice to see one in that magazine again.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »
I should be able to go

Offline Soremel

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 07:25:11 AM »
Yep, I'll be at the show and the dinner. I'll be manning my "Table of Shameless Self-Promotion" again for both days. I will also have a promo card for my upcoming parody card set being handed out in the attendee packets.

Can't wait to see the "Wacky Faithful" again!

Offline quas

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 07:35:01 AM »

And for pasta lovers, some Run Tony Shells all covered in Raw Goo and sprinkled with grated Graft Cheese.
Marc

Offline Soremel

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 07:50:44 AM »
And for pasta lovers, some Run Tony Shells all covered in Raw Goo and sprinkled with grated Graft Cheese.

Well played, Sir... well played! :great:

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »
Yep, I'll be at the show and the dinner. I'll be manning my "Table of Shameless Self-Promotion" again for both days. I will also have a promo card for my upcoming parody card set being handed out in the attendee packets.

Can't wait to see the "Wacky Faithful" again!

Is there anything ans wise that you are still behind on, I'm sure I can help you fill in some holes.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 10:40:14 AM »

Is there anything ans wise that you are still behind on, I'm sure I can help you fill in some holes.

Mark,

I could use an ANS 11 base set. I never did get any of those. Also need an ANS10 #40 blue.

Mark

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 08:01:42 PM »
Mark,

I could use an ANS 11 base set. I never did get any of those. Also need an ANS10 #40 blue.

Mark

Do you want a random 55 count set or a full 110 count set.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 05:49:49 PM »
I am planning on attending the show and dinner.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 06:57:38 PM »
The weekend of May 3-4, 2014 is also FREE COMIC BOOK DAY.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »

As of yesterday, We are 4 weeks out from the show, So I think we should get a head count list up again

1. Mark (Pupsi-Cola).

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »
I'll be there on Saturday the 3rd

Offline quas

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »
I'll be there on Saturday the 3rd

Same here.
Marc

Offline Hipton

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 08:57:23 AM »
I would like to attend. I've really missed my Wacky friends and haven't seen many of you in years. Pinfest (formerly Pinball Wizards convention) is also happening the same weekend, May2-3. Where is everyone staying and who is going to the dinner? It's been a rough winter here in Michigan, I've got cabin fever and need to get OUT!

Offline Soremel

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
I would like to attend. I've really missed my Wacky friends and haven't seen many of you in years. Pinfest (formerly Pinball Wizards convention) is also happening the same weekend, May2-3. Where is everyone staying and who is going to the dinner? It's been a rough winter here in Michigan, I've got cabin fever and need to get OUT!

Hi Cheryl!

And you've been missed, too! I'm more than likely going to be staying at the Staybridge Suites again. Depending on how late the dinner goes, I'll have my room open again for trading and chatting Saturday evening.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 11:12:14 AM »
Will there be a promo card or postcard with another upcoming Wacky Packages Old School 5 and Wacky Packages ANS12/2014 entry? Maybe an announcement that the Wacky Packages unreleased original sticker series set will see life and art in one or both of these or maybe on its own?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 07:53:31 PM »

Yes young lady, You need to get to PA. in 3 weeks.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 07:25:25 PM »

Yes young lady, You need to get to PA. in 3 weeks.

Nice to see Marc S, Joe K, Joe L, Mark L, Tom P, George W, Dave G being able to come to the show, We are 2 weeks out from yesterday for what promises to be an exciting upcoming show, Looking forward to seeing all of these people and for anyone else that is thinking of attending the show. Please make your name known on here.

Offline Hipton

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 10:03:28 AM »
I am coming, staying at the Comfort Inn on Imperial Way. Two spots opened for the dinner, I would like to go, but want to have Wacky people to sit with! If you are attending the dinner, please message or call me! I can't go to the dinner, who is up for a group dinner Saturday night? Is anyone attending Pinfest pinball show on Friday at the fairgrounds? Looking forward to seeing everyone. Now my biggest concern is digging out all my Wacky shirts and deciding which one to wear.:)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »
I am planning on attending the show and dinner.
Change of plan: I will be skipping the dinner, but am still looking forward to seeing everyone at the show on Saturday.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 03:16:17 AM »
I am on Vaca next weekend and out of town. Does anyone know exactly what WP promos will be at this show? Also, any WP item mentioned for the dinner? I have not missed a Philly show in quite some time.

Andrew

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2014, 08:29:29 AM »
I am on Vaca next weekend and out of town. Does anyone know exactly what WP promos will be at this show? Also, any WP item mentioned for the dinner? I have not missed a Philly show in quite some time.

Andrew

A WP item for a dinner? I wouldn't think a dinner would have any items associated with it.

Offline Simko

• Sweet Rot
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2014, 08:35:11 AM »
I plan to be at the show this weekend at the Wax Eye table. I will have finished sketch cards for different projects but also for WP. Plus I'll have some final paintings of Wacky Packages/GPK/Cereal Killers.

Looking forward to seeing familiar folks and meeting new ones.