Author Topic: BumChex Sketch Thread  (Read 3010 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
BumChex Sketch Thread
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »
Hello everyone. One collector asked me if I could scan all of my sketches from OLDS2-4. I thought instead of emailing them I would just post them here. I'll try and get them all up by the end of the week.

Here are my OLDS2 sketches.

Offline Alexeirex

Re: BumChex Sketch Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 05:23:52 PM »
Nice lines, clean art...I'm impressed. Jay must have major hand cramps by now!
A

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 08:49:35 AM »
OLDS3 Sketches:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:55:35 AM »
OLDS2 and OLDS3 was a crazy time for sketches. I sold all of my OLDS2 color sketches until the end when I ended up with 2 Lynch pulls and I bought the 2 artist returns. Most of my super nice B&W sketches were also sold to private collectors and were never put on eBay. I didn't want to sell them but it fed my box buying habit. I think for about a month straight I was overnighting about 50+ boxes a week.

With OLDS3 I ended up retaining more color sketches but did sell some really nice ones that I would have loved to keep but the market was just too crazy to keep them. I had to keep buying more boxes...LOL I knew if I had some great pulls it would pay for the boxes and I could retain a few for my collection. A lot of times I would buy 24 boxes, sell 9 sketches, keep 2-4 sketches, & then sell the rest on ebay. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:58:09 AM by BumChex »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »
Maybe I should have called this thread 'Confessions of a Sketch Addict' >(

Offline quas

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »

I have my OS4 sketches arranged by artist, as you do for OS2 and OS3.  But because OS2 and OS3 each had a limited number of Wacky titles/characters (which was probably better from Topps' perspective), I have my OS2 and OS3 sketches arranged by character rather than by artist.

I'd be curious how others have theirs arranged.
Marc

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:30:25 AM »
I have my OS4 sketches arranged by artist, as you do for OS2 and OS3.  But because OS2 and OS3 each had a limited number of Wacky titles/characters (which was probably better from Topps' perspective), I have my OS2 and OS3 sketches arranged by character rather than by artist.

I'd be curious how others have theirs arranged.
My OLDS3 has some holes in the way they are in the binder. That is because I sold some and never rearranged the cards. For the most part I like to keep them by artist.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:20:29 AM »

Ha ha... 

I don't really care about sketches myself, but seeing these all together is very cool.  They make a heck of a neat-looking collection.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 01:27:30 PM »
Here are my OLDS4. These got picked over pretty good but I still retained some really good sketches.

anything