Author Topic: Wacky shoplifting  (Read 14517 times)

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
Re: Wacky shoplifting
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 10:02:19 PM »
I did notice a few weeks before ANS 7 came out that Target had put two boxes of ANS 2 and 3 out. This was odd but perhaps it was excess inventory for Target as I've seen 6 different Targets in the Miami area carry them.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2010, 10:44:26 PM »
I bought all the packs from a Target gravity feed and took the box with me to the counter. Usually they don't say a word about my taking the box. But this time it was nuts. The cashier thought it might be something they refill so she called her supervisor. The supervisor didn't know so she tracked down a security guard(!?!) to ask. He just laughed at what a stupid question it was so she dragged me to a phone to call her boss. At this point you have to decide whether it's worth it to keep going or to cut your losses and walk away. I was too invested so I stayed with her. She told the person on the phone I bought a bunch of baseball card boxes and could I take the box. Made no sense at all. Judging by her expression the voice on the phone told her to stop making mountains out of molehills and get back to work. She hung up the phone and handed it to me. Keep in mind, the first time I tried to do this, the clerk charge me $2.00 for a full box until I showed her she had to ring up the individual packs.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 05:51:45 AM »
I bought all the packs from a Target gravity feed and took the box with me to the counter. Usually they don't say a word about my taking the box. But this time it was nuts. The cashier thought it might be something they refill so she called her supervisor. The supervisor didn't know so she tracked down a security guard(!?!) to ask. He just laughed at what a stupid question it was so she dragged me to a phone to call her boss. At this point you have to decide whether it's worth it to keep going or to cut your losses and walk away. I was too invested so I stayed with her. She told the person on the phone I bought a bunch of baseball card boxes and could I take the box. Made no sense at all. Judging by her expression the voice on the phone told her to stop making mountains out of molehills and get back to work. She hung up the phone and handed it to me. Keep in mind, the first time I tried to do this, the clerk charge me $2.00 for a full box until I showed her she had to ring up the individual packs.
Young people can;t live with them can't   o     them
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 06:39:28 AM »
Dang it that was funny. Someone should video one of these display box debacles. I'd make popcorn if I could watch a confused Target employee ask a "security guard" about an empty WP box. I'm laughing just thinking about it. The scene would be like a TV show that combined Undercover Boss, Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?, and Reno 911!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »

How old was the cashier? Just curious, because it is still pretty silly the way that was handled. I could see the cashier thinking the box gets refilled for more packs, but then she goes and just charges you $2. for the whole box and reinforces her stupidity. Maybe this little episode rattled her and her brain turned off. I've seen this happen with people before. They get into a social situation that they are not used to and their brain shuts down. Funny but also sad.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 07:08:46 AM »
I've seen this happen with people before. They get into a social situation that they are not used to and their brain shuts down.
This happens to me a lot!         :-X

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 07:18:34 AM »
How old was the cashier? Just curious, because it is still pretty silly the way that was handled. I could see the cashier thinking the box gets refilled for more packs, but then she goes and just charges you $2. for the whole box and reinforces her stupidity. Maybe this little episode rattled her and her brain turned off. I've seen this happen with people before. They get into a social situation that they are not used to and their brain shuts down. Funny but also sad.

I kind of thought it was two different cashiers, one who was giving away packs, and one who was worried about the empty box. 

I've had cashier problems when offering loose change to even out a sale, and once when trying to use a dollar coin in a Walmart.  One time I got to the register at Walmart, and the clerk was scrutinizing change in his drawer because he thought it was counterfeit.  They were older silver quarters, I could tell from the clinking sounds, and I wound up getting them as change - he was happy, and I was happy.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 07:19:04 AM »
This happens to me a lot!         :-X

Yeah me too! LOL  :D

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 07:21:16 AM »
I kind of thought it was two different cashiers, one who was giving away packs, and one who was worried about the empty box. 

I've had cashier problems when offering loose change to even out a sale, and once when trying to use a dollar coin in a Walmart.  One time I got to the register at Walmart, and the clerk was scrutinizing change in his drawer because he thought it was counterfeit.  They were older silver quarters, I could tell from the clinking sounds, and I wound up getting them as change - he was happy, and I was happy.

Oh yeah, if your total is $5.27 by all means do not hand the cashier 6 dollars and 2 cents, this will cause the line to be held up longer than a price check.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »

If they seek managerial advice from a security guard, you know it's all over...  :^)

Reminds me of the time a forum member tried to take a gravity feed and the whole shelf came crashing down  :]

This is classic stuff!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »

I love getting true silver coins in change.  I am convinced someone is cluelessly killing a coin collection or we have lots of elderly folks who are breaking out their piggy banks from 1940s and 1950s in my town as we used to get all sorts of silver coins when my wife was running a cafe.  I have a jar full of silver coins I stashed away.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline V6

• Coulda had a V8...
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
I bought all the packs from a Target gravity feed and took the box with me to the counter. Usually they don't say a word about my taking the box. But this time it was nuts...
Guess you get all kinds. I brought one of the short gravity feeds to the register yesterday at Walmart. I put the packs on top and left the flap open so it was clear the box was empty. The lady rang up the packs and promptly proceeded to throw the box away under her counter. When I told her I wanted that too, she raised her eyebrows like I was nuts (which, perhaps we are.) Just trash to her.

anything