Author Topic: Wackys for Christmas  (Read 3444 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Wackys for Christmas
« on: December 21, 2013, 04:10:29 AM »
Got a call from the comic shop last night - they completely ran out of Wackys and need a refill.  Seems there will be quite a few people in my area finding Wackys in their stockings on Christmas!!  I really like that.

Just spent an hour killing two boxes of Old School 1.  Got only 2 puzzles and 3 sticker sets (one of the packs was missing a sticker) :(

Off to kill a few Old School 2 boxes now, and then to build some ANS7 sets.  Then, I have to drive past the mall (GASP!!) to get to the comic store.......

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Wackys for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:46:14 AM »
Got a call from the comic shop last night - they completely ran out of Wackys and need a refill.  Seems there will be quite a few people in my area finding Wackys in their stockings on Christmas!!  I really like that.

Just spent an hour killing two boxes of Old School 1.  Got only 2 puzzles and 3 sticker sets (one of the packs was missing a sticker) :(

Off to kill a few Old School 2 boxes now, and then to build some ANS7 sets.  Then, I have to drive past the mall (GASP!!) to get to the comic store.......

Now that's getting in the spirit! Awesome Pat!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »
Now that's getting in the spirit! Awesome Pat!

I just got home - the world is getting really messy, especially near the mall and by Walmart!

I was laying the Wacky sets out on the counter for the store owner to add price tags, and sold a set to a customer before the owner even came over to me.  The guy was there with his son, who was about 5 years old, and they bought pages to go with them - they're going to have fun this afternoon!  I left the store with the latest issue of Non Sport Update, a pack of team bags, and some cash, so not a bad morning :)

Oh, and they've got a customer really pestering them to get Old School 5.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 10:07:40 AM by RawGoo »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 09:42:21 AM »
So you are on consignment with the comic store?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »
So you are on consignment with the comic store?

I just sell them the sets, they're not on consignment.  Sometimes I trade them for supplies such as pages, or like today, put them towards my NSU magazine.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »

I was laying the Wacky sets out on the counter for the store owner to add price tags, and sold a set to a customer before the owner even came over to me.  The guy was there with his son, who was about 5 years old, and they bought pages to go with them - they're going to have fun this afternoon!

That’s awesome!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 01:26:38 PM »
That’s awesome!

That's how I feel!  Hopefully, kids in the area are catching the Wacky bug :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:31:20 PM by RawGoo »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 01:45:39 PM »
Some Target stores may still carry the mega packs of ANS10 and/or ANS11 with 23 stickers inside.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »
That's how I feel!  Hopefully, kids in the area are catching the Wacky bug :)

I've given my dup sets to nephews in the Bay Area and Canada and the younger ones really think they're fun.
But what a great idea to supply comic book stores with complete Wacky sets - you're like the fairy godmother of Wackys!
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 08:52:05 AM »
I'm happy to report that I was summoned back to the comic store this weekend to refill the nearly wiped out Wacky Packages sets - seems a lot of people got Wackys in their stockings  :D

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 05:38:39 PM »
seems a lot of people got Wackys in their stockings
I did, but they make it hard to walk.

anything