Author Topic: Does Wacky art ever influence your general purchases?  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Coorpse Light

Does Wacky art ever influence your general purchases?
« on: December 05, 2013, 09:56:38 PM »
 We're all collectors at heart, and images from our favorite cards definitely come to mind when we're out shopping at the local supermarket.

I'm curious if you've ever purposely bought a brand-name product because it was memorable from a Wacky parody? For example, maybe choosing to buy Ritz Crackers over another brand because Rat's Crackers came to mind?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:59:47 PM by Coorpse Light »

Offline MoldRush

Re: Does Wacky art ever influence your general purchases?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:08:02 AM »
I've most definitely done that, but mainly in cases where I'm interested in saving the actual packaging that most closely matches the "real product" of the latest favorite Wackys.  I try to limit that to small or flat collapsable packages though, due to space considerations, so most of what I focus on are cereal boxes, candy wrappers and such.  Rigid cans, bottles, etc. are a bit more problematic.  You might say I have a little Jason Liebig in me.

As far as being drawn to a certain brand due to a fondness for the corresponding Wacky, not so much, unless the product itself is also distinctive.  For example, I find Glutton Mustard to be one of the more iconic early Wackys, but there are tastier brown mustards around these days, such as French's, Hebrew National (if you can find it), etc.

Interesting conversation thread!  Keep 'em coming!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 08:03:32 AM »
I've never done it but a few weeks ago I did find find Rise shaving cream sitting on the bathroom vanity.  Later on, my wife told me she bought it because it looked like the Wacky.  The surprising thing is that the packaging hasn't changed in 35 years.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »
I've never done it but a few weeks ago I did find find Rise shaving cream sitting on the bathroom vanity.  Later on, my wife told me she bought it because it looked like the Wacky.  The surprising thing is that the packaging hasn't changed in 35 years.

THAT IS A GOOD THING!!

I CALL MY SISTER IN LAW - DIMWIT DOT!! NAME FITS WEAR IT!! :] :] :] :]

ALWAYS BUY LANDOQUAKES!!!AND BREAKBONES FOR MY BACKED POTATOE!!