Author Topic: alternatives to Ebay  (Read 5985 times)

Offline 70s_Kid

alternatives to Ebay
« on: November 24, 2013, 11:22:40 AM »
Can anyone suggest an alternative to eBay? I am looking to sell several of my extra original Wacky Package sets.  I have all sets from 1 thru 16 with full puzzle.  Most are in out of pack condition and have been in my possession since 1996. I no longer use Evilbay or PayUpPal.  Thanks.

Offline HENRY.R

Re: alternatives to Ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »
ETSY,EBID,I OFFER,WEBSTORE,perhaps,much lower final value fees. :great:

Offline barman

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 07:26:38 PM »
Check out this site for all alternative sites.
A lot of ebay refugees come here.
I've been on blujay and ecrater, both user friendly sites.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »
cool, I'll check it out.  Thanks

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:10:04 PM »
Here's the deal. There really isn't an alternative to eBay. You can dream all you want but if you want to sell anything you will put it on eBay. If you don't it won't either sell or you won't get anything for it. There is no competition. Yahoo tried but it died an early death.
Put it this way, you have a super rare card and you want the most exposure, where would you want to auction it? I'm thinking there isn't much argument here.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 08:05:40 PM »
Here's the deal. There really isn't an alternative to eBay. You can dream all you want but if you want to sell anything you will put it on eBay. If you don't it won't either sell or you won't get anything for it. There is no competition. Yahoo tried but it died an early death.
Put it this way, you have a super rare card and you want the most exposure, where would you want to auction it? I'm thinking there isn't much argument here.

www.bidstart.com is providing pretty good competition to eBay.  Especially for stamp collectors.  There are a few Wacky auctions on this site but it is all ANS swill.

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »
www.bidstart.com is providing pretty good competition to eBay.  Especially for stamp collectors.  There are a few Wacky auctions on this site but it is all ANS swill.

Let's be honest here, if you want to sell for top dollar are you really going to post it on these others sites? No. There is no alternative.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 09:05:44 AM »
I have had a falling out with PayPal. And as you know  PayUpPal is owned by EvilBay, so selling on eBay is out of the question. So, I either sell my extra sets on this forum or on a lesser known site.  If they dont sell right away thats fine.  I have had them in my collection for a long time. I will sell them or use them as trading fodder eventually.  Thanks for the feedback.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »
I have had a falling out with PayPal. And as you know  PayUpPal is owned by EvilBay, so selling on eBay is out of the question. So, I either sell my extra sets on this forum or on a lesser known site.  If they dont sell right away thats fine.  I have had them in my collection for a long time. I will sell them or use them as trading fodder eventually.  Thanks for the feedback.

I don't care for selling on ebay myself, and it has been years since I last tried.  I'd welcome an alternative, even at lower prices; as it stands, I just don't bother trying to sell some stuff I would probably be better off getting out of the house.

anything