Author Topic: If there had been Wacky Halloween Postcards for the Halloween season...  (Read 13034 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: If there had been Wacky Halloween Postcards for the Halloween season...
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »
I think the first I heard was an SDCC announcement. http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=3576.0
I wonder if any Wacky items will get snuck in as Easter Eggs

and it's now in Previews, like you mention
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/916?stockItemID=OCT140450
[expando]http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK640001-660000/STK657153.jpg[/expando]

What I like about this comic is that it's just $4 and available at comic shops.  That is far more appealing to me than $8 or $10 and having to pay Topps ridiculous shipping charges.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »
Don't worry, there's plenty of Wacky stuff in the pipeline to keep collectors happy...

Glad to hear this news, Neil.  I would have been far more excited a few years ago before I started losing faith that Topps knows what we adult collectors want.  Topps has broken my spirit of buying anything that says "Wacky Packages" on it.  However, if the plenty of stuff is of good quality, well, I'll be happy to part with my hard-earned money.  Otherwise, I'll sit on the sideline and be content to nibble a bit around the edges.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 09:45:29 PM »
I don't know if this will help fill the void, but here's one of my rejected WP Halloween Postcard roughs from 2012!  :^)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »
I don't know if this will help fill the void, but here's one of my rejected WP Halloween Postcard roughs from 2012!  :^)
Nice Frankenmonkey! I had to look up Resus macaque to find out what the heck it was about ;)

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »
I don't know if this will help fill the void, but here's one of my rejected WP Halloween Postcard roughs from 2012!  :^)

Nice! Speaking of Rhesus, here's my take from the Pranky Product set (the cute, mischievous variety)...

Offline Swiski

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2014, 10:59:20 AM »
Nice! Speaking of Rhesus, here's my take from the Pranky Product set (the cute, mischievous variety)...

Cool! I have that Pranky Products set. Don't remember this Rhesus parody though. It's been a while since I looked at them.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »

You could have went for the really gross factor and have Rhesus Feces - showing monkeys flinging poo.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2014, 12:10:14 PM »

You could have went for the really gross factor and have Rhesus Feces - showing monkeys flinging poo.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 08:08:28 PM »
Awesome.

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

anything