Author Topic: Moving forum to a new server soon  (Read 22407 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Moving forum to a new server soon
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »
I didn't notice any slow down tonight.

That's strange. Mine was like molasses. Maybe it's demographics? I now have 40mb internet and everything is incredibly fast but our forum was so slow it would take at least a min. to refresh the screen.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 07:24:08 PM »
That's strange. Mine was like molasses. Maybe it's demographics? I now have 40mb internet and everything is incredibly fast but our forum was so slow it would take at least a min. to refresh the screen.

It's been zippy for me too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 07:29:56 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »
Fine for me too but recall I wrote you and mentioned it was dog slow a few weeks ago and that I upgraded by explorer level and all was good.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 07:34:36 AM »
I've been getting some timeouts while doing spell check, and also when posting a message (PM or thread post). Just in the past couple days. I haven't changed any profile settings or anything.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 11:29:03 PM »
I've been getting some timeouts while doing spell check, and also when posting a message (PM or thread post). Just in the past couple days. I haven't changed any profile settings or anything.
same here. I've been getting crap service here at comic con. some of it is clearly the overwhelmed comic con free wi-fi, but I've also had non-stop timeouts and failures when trying to write pm's to other folks. incredibly annoying and frustrating. I can't tell if messages are getting through or not.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2010, 11:32:46 PM »
same here. I've been getting crap service here at comic con. some of it is clearly the overwhelmed comic con free wi-fi, but I've also had non-stop timeouts and failures when trying to write pm's to other folks. incredibly annoying and frustrating. I can't tell if messages are getting through or not.

FYI
The forum is moving pretty smoothly tonight.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 07:59:33 AM »

Best way to verify PMs is look in your "outbox" and verify the msg is there.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 08:28:32 AM »
FYI
The forum is moving pretty smoothly tonight.
I haven't had any performance issues but I also have gotten the "time out messages".  It seems in almost all cases, I simply hit the back arrow, hit repost and everything is fine so nothing lost but it is annoying. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »
Best way to verify PMs is look in your "outbox" and verify the msg is there.
by default I don't have messages saved to the outbox. But with all these problems I've been selecting that option- and even then I've had a few not get saved to outbox.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 07:48:21 PM »
by default I don't have messages saved to the outbox. But with all these problems I've been selecting that option- and even then I've had a few not get saved to outbox.

I've never had a timeout issue and all my sent messages are in my outbox. Do you guys select 'forever' when you log in? I do and it's never timed out. What other problems are you referring to?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »
I've never had a timeout issue and all my sent messages are in my outbox. Do you guys select 'forever' when you log in? I do and it's never timed out. What other problems are you referring to?
It hasnt happened to me today yet but the last couple of days, I would often get a "your session timed out" error when I hit submit on a reply.  I am set to forever with log in.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 03:50:04 AM »
It hasnt happened to me today yet but the last couple of days, I would often get a "your session timed out" error when I hit submit on a reply.  I am set to forever with log in.
It's been happening to me also, I think it started Friday night.  And I do have the login set for 'forever.'

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
It's been happening to me also, I think it started Friday night.  And I do have the login set for 'forever.'
My login is set to "forever" and this has happened to me 2 or 3 times since the end of last week.
(Hasn't happened to me before.)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
My login is set to "forever" and this has happened to me 2 or 3 times since the end of last week.
(Hasn't happened to me before.)

That's strange. I use a Mac with Firefox at home and an iPad on the road. Neither ask me to log in and I never had a timeout issue.
Can you all try Firefox for a couple days and see if you get the same issues? Just a test!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »
That's strange. I use a Mac with Firefox at home and an iPad on the road. Neither ask me to log in and I never had a timeout issue.
Can you all try Firefox for a couple days and see if you get the same issues? Just a test!
It is not a real timeout issue as we don't have to log back in, I purely hit back arrow and all is fine.

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »
like Ernie says, it's not a real log out, just a red text message that show up  in the post reply window. For me, I'm able to just hit the POST button again and all is fine.
The funniest though is when I hit the logout button and I get the red message saying the previous action has failed - please log out and try again!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »
Guys, I was thinking about this timeout issue and why it's not happening to me. Like I said I use Firefox. I also have Firefox setup to erase my cookies and history when I shut down Firefox because of browser bloat. I wonder if you guys aren't experiencing issues with your cookies. You should clear out your cookies and see if the problem goes away.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:44:08 AM by BumChex »

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2010, 05:25:20 AM »
Guys, I was thinking about this timeout issue and why it's not happening to me. Like I said I use Firefox. I also have Firefox setup to erase my cookies and history when I shut down Firefox because of browser bloat. I wonder if you guys rant experiencing issues with your cookies. You should clear out your cookies and see if the problem goes away.
I'm on a PC using IE (both at home and at work) and I zap my browsing history and cookies 2-3 times a week and I have never had a timing out issue on this forum. Just my 2¢.  ^-^

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 07:19:05 AM »
Everyone,
I was just notified by CyberLynk that our server has been moved to their site. As you may or may not know we moved the forum to Montecarlo Hosting last fall. Montecarlo was acquired by CyberLynk about 6 weeks ago.
2 things I have noticed this morning that I can't explain after the move:
1. I can now update the forum software. I was unable to do it and received errors. I spent a lot of time on it in the past and finally gave up. This morning I hit update and it went flawless.
2. Tapatalk now works for your iDevice. Again, I don't know why. I spent hours trying to figure out why it quit working and just tried it and everything works now. Again, I have no answer for this. I was working with the Tapatalk forum and we couldn't figure it out but for some reason with this move it now works.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 07:43:23 AM »
Everyone,
I was just notified by CyberLynk that our server has been moved to their site. As you may or may not know we moved the forum to Montecarlo Hosting last fall. Montecarlo was acquired by CyberLynk about 6 weeks ago.
1. I can now update the forum software. I was unable to do it and received errors. I spent a lot of time on it in the past and finally gave up. This morning I hit update and it went flawless.
2. Tapatalk now works for your iDevice. Again, I don't know why. I spent hours trying to figure out why it quit working and just tried it and everything works now. Again, I have no answer for this. I was working with the Tapatalk forum and we couldn't figure it out but for some reason with this move it now works.

Sounds like good news. Thanks for having this place for us Brad.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline bandaches

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 07:51:47 AM »
Sounds like good news. Thanks for having this place for us Brad.
Thanks Brad for doing this and for tirelessly trying to keep this forum going!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 07:59:01 AM »
Thanks guys. It really hasn't been a problem at all. Greg made it sound like it was a full time job.
Anyway, I don't know how moving the forum affected it in a good way. I think it had something to do with the way Montecarlo had the permissions setup. I would change them but it wouldn't have any affect at all. Those are at least 2 less things that I have to worry about now.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:52 AM »
Is anyone having issues with email notifications?

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 08:55:15 AM »
Yes, I got an email notification in my aol account but the PM doesn't show on the forum in my mail.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »
Yes, I got an email notification in my aol account but the PM doesn't show on the forum in my mail.

That's a setting in your profile under notices. I checked the box in your profile to show you what was written. You cannot reply to the email you have to go to the forum and reply to the PM. It's only a notice.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
The move happened last night (monday)?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
The move happened last night (monday)?

Yep, Monday.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
That's a setting in your profile under notices. I checked the box in your profile to show you what was written. You cannot reply to the email you have to go to the forum and reply to the PM. It's only a notice.

I know, that's the problem, when I go to the forum to reply its not there I am not getting the message. this just started.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »
Everyone,

Thanks for the heads up Brad. I will test out Tapatalk on my iPad when I get home. I am pretty sure you are right, all the things that were "corrected" sure sound like access permission issues. 
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 03:41:21 PM »
Is anyone having issues with email notifications?
I didn't have issues with notification - but I was having problems trying to get to my PM's. Looking at the forum was fine - but when I'd try to go to PM's I would get an error page from montecarlo saying the website has moved  or I had invalid permissions. Last lasted for an hour or two, but then everything was fine later.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
I didn't have issues with notification - but I was having problems trying to get to my PM's. Looking at the forum was fine - but when I'd try to go to PM's I would get an error page from montecarlo saying the website has moved  or I had invalid permissions. Last lasted for an hour or two, but then everything was fine later.

That must have been during the move last night. I forgot all about it and this morning received notice of the move. Should be good to go now.

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »
That must have been during the move last night. I forgot all about it and this morning received notice of the move. Should be good to go now.
I did lose 1 PM, which is the one I sent to Campy, who no longer has it either. Lost in Transition.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 06:15:11 PM »
                                                                              Since the move things have been moving slow for me !!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 06:27:44 PM »
                                                                              Since the move things have been moving slow for me !!

I know, me too. Let's see how it runs tomorrow. This was what I was afraid of when I heard about the acqisition. I researched MonteCarlo and they are not oversellers and these guys might be.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:57 PM »
The forum is really dragging today and this sucks! I contacted support and got this message:

We're working on this right now - a number of other forums on your server are using more than their fair share of resources, and we are working to minimize the effect this is having on other accounts. We're hoping to have this solved later today.

Thanks for your patience,