Author Topic: A new Wacky Christmas for my kiddos?  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Brian Mc

A new Wacky Christmas for my kiddos?
« on: October 31, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »
Long time no see everyone,

Well, it's been three years since I posted this:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=783.0

That was when I started my daughter on her Wacky collection. 3 months later, I began a very bitter, 2 year divorce that ended in March 2013. Since 2010, I also lost two jobs and moved to California for a year, but am now settled in Louisville Ky, working for the airline of a big brown package delivery company. LOL. My Wacky collecting has been put WAY on the back burner over the last 3 years (I did get base sets from all the releases), but my 3 younger sons have all developed a healthy love of MY Wacky Packs. On the weekends that I have them, they ALWAYS bust out my binders and go through them. They just sit on my bed and giggle away!  :D

So, since I still have unopened boxes from this previous post (ANS 3-6), it looks like another Wacky Christmas might be in order. My boys are 10, 8, and 8 and my daughter will be 13 on Christmas Day, so they will all be getting Wackys on Christmas Day this year. With so many kiddos, I may have to get more boxes from each series so they all have a chance to build base sets (and to trade with each other).

Anyway, a big thanks to Rob Palmer for remaining my friend through all of this and answering my (very random) emails over the last 3 years.

Peace and Love,

Brian Mc
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:47:28 PM by Brian Mc »
Brian Mc

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
Re: A new Wacky Christmas for my kiddos?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 04:51:03 AM »

That was when I started my daughter on her Wacky collection. 3 months later, I began a very bitter, 2 year divorce that ended in March 2013. Since 2010, I also lost two jobs and moved to California for a year, but am now settled in Louisville Ky, working for the airline of a big brown package delivery company. LOL. My Wacky collecting has been put WAY on the back burner over the last 3 years (I did get base sets from all the releases), but my 3 younger sons have all developed a healthy love of MY Wacky Packs. On the weekends that I have them, they ALWAYS bust out my binders and go through them. They just sit on my bed and giggle away!  :D

So, since I still have unopened boxes from this previous post (ANS 3-6), it looks like another Wacky Christmas might be in order. My boys are 10, 8, and 8 and my daughter will be 13 on Christmas Day, so they will all be getting Wackys on Christmas Day this year. With so many kiddos, I may have to get more boxes from each series so they all have a chance to build base sets (and to trade with each other).

Anyway, a big thanks to Rob Palmer for remaining my friend through all of this and answering my (very random) emails over the last 3 years.

Peace and Love,

Brian Mc

Small world, I work right across the freeway from UPS...the planes fly over top of my building all day. I can see the old Cardinal Stadium from the back lot of the building....

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »
Small world, I work right across the freeway from UPS...the planes fly over top of my building all day. I can see the old Cardinal Stadium from the back lot of the building....
You guys are making me nostalgic.  I grew up in Louisville, live elsewhere now but still go home for the holidays to visit with family.  Somehow there is never enough time to see everyone and everything.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:43:40 AM »

Peace and Love,

Brian Mc

Great to see you riding the wacky train again!

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
Thanks Neil,

I have always loved Wackys. Now, my kids are loving them, too. It brings a smile to stand outside my bedroom door and listen to them giggle as they flip through my binders. Then, they try and come up with their own Wackys. It's good, clean fun. There are so many more awful things that they could be doing...  :)

Brian Mc
Brian Mc

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:36:30 PM »

Small indeed! I work in Aircraft Maintenance over at the UPS hangars. I'm a Cincinnati native, but I'm in Louisville most of the week.

Brian Mc
Brian Mc