Author Topic: Spoilers - Post your 2013 Halloween sketch cards here  (Read 35382 times)

Offline Alexeirex

Re: Spoilers - Post your 2013 Halloween sketch cards here
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 08:26:54 PM »
Hey Sketch Master, there's always room in the haunted house for you and Simko (and of course ALL of the Halloween artists)!

If there's still room, maybe we can squeeze in a few more Simko frankies...

Besides the comix art cards, is this your subset for the Halloween PC s?
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »
;)
I should have re-phrased that... I meant I was surprised you didn't comment on Neil's Bot sketch.

I really, really, REALLY want that Sno-Bots sketch........  Figured I shouldn't call attention to it..............

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 05:10:49 AM »
Besides the comix art cards, is this your subset for the Halloween PC s?
A

nope, there's others...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »
Here are the sketches I received. This is the best Pingatore sketch I've ever received out of a pack. Just awesome!
Love the Parisi combo!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »
                                                                                        Here you go                       Camera and Gambino Bios             26    OF    666

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:16:27 PM by deadpresidentsvisa »
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2013, 05:30:32 PM »
                                                                                       Here you go                       Camera and Gambino Bios             26    OF    666

HaHa, Parisi always seems to crack me up. That one is funny!

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »

I don't collect sketches making it available
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2013, 07:35:52 PM »
I love the sketches I pulled! You can never have too much Frankenstein, and the Smokin' Joe -- a true keeper.  My congrats again to all the Halloween artists, exceptional work.   >:D

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2013, 11:39:22 PM »
nope, there's others...

OOOOOoooooo.... :great:
A

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »
Here's my sketch. Pretty nice Gambino. It is for sale . PM if interested. If no takers by Fri. it will go on evil-Bay.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »
I'm your Huckleberry,
Here's a sampling of the sketch cards I did
for the 2013 Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards Set.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

I got the top left Snowcorpse! Yeah! I have not examined it really closely, but feeling it through the penny sleeve it feels like it was painted, like the snow flakes are raised. How did you do these Dustin? 

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2013, 03:47:33 PM »
I want to live in a Neil Camera sketch card. Here's mine.

Did other artist get "comic book" cards to do sketches on?

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
I got the top left Snowcorpse! Yeah! I have not examined it really closely, but feeling it through the penny sleeve it feels like it was painted, like the snow flakes are raised. How did you do these Dustin? 

NICE PULL!! yeah I hand painted the color cards with Acrylic paints
the black and white ones are ink

congrats!

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »

NICE PULL!! yeah I hand painted the color cards with Acrylic paints
the black and white ones are ink

congrats!

Nice pull indeed! Thanks for the great work!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »
Thank You,
I wanted to add I did a fun little thing with the black and white cards
such as killing sppprreee, hellraiseretes, it kat, butcherfingers and stitchers,
I added silver metallic sharpie to the blade edges, pin heads, bolts and eyes for a shiny effect.
these were so fun to work on! HAPPY HALLOWEEN to everyone!  >:D
I pulled one of the Frankenstein / Stitchers sketches, and the silver metallic sharpie details are a really nice touch.  I brought that sketch and past wacky Halloween postcard sketches to work, and I've set up a little Halloween display on my desk. It get lots of attention and I enjoy it all day long.  Many thanks for bringing some delightful creepiness to the week!     

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »
I pulled one of the Frankenstein / Stitchers sketches, and the silver metallic sharpie details are a really nice touch.  I brought that sketch and past wacky Halloween postcard sketches to work, and I've set up a little Halloween display on my desk. It get lots of attention and I enjoy it all day long.  Many thanks for bringing some delightful creepiness to the week!     

That is so great to hear!
I really enjoyed working on the Halloween themes
the paintings all the guys did are top notch!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 06:51:12 PM »
Here are my sketch pulls. A Marrow Cup (Simko) and two Spppprreee (Engstrom and Zapata). If anyone else pulled two of the same title and is interested in a trade, please let me know.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 04:36:44 AM »
Here are my pulls.  I have apparently angered the Wacky gods - all the same artist, and two of the three are practically identical   :sad:

I'm definitely up for a trade!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 06:58:22 AM »
Things could be worse.....I think.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 07:50:35 AM »
Here are my pulls.  I have apparently angered the Wacky gods - all the same artist, and two of the three are practically identical   :sad:

I'm definitely up for a trade!

I guess I am not the ONLY one - this sux!! I got 2 of the Mark P. for Killing Spreee - what is your same artist and parody?

Did you get a full set of BIO cards? I didn't... >:D >:D

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »
Things could be worse.....I think.

true

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 08:18:57 AM »
I guess I am not the ONLY one - this sux!! I got 2 of the Mark P. for Killing Spreee - what is your same artist and parody?

Did you get a full set of BIO cards? I didn't... >:D >:D

The dubs are Pingitore Marrow Cup sketches.  I didn't get all the bio cards either, but that doesn't bug me too much because of the trading possibilities with my forum friends.

May regret this, but I went and ordered some more LE sets.  Hopefully I'll get a better mix next time.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »

All four are nice. The Zapata one is obviously a glow-in-the-dark which is nice since it is the first one I have. The eyes have texture as well. I don't know if he put boogers over the eyes, glue or what but it gives it great texture and appeal.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 09:27:49 AM »
The dubs are Pingitore Marrow Cup sketches.  I didn't get all the bio cards either, but that doesn't bug me too much because of the trading possibilities with my forum friends.

May regret this, but I went and ordered some more LE sets.  Hopefully I'll get a better mix next time.

Mine are supposed to come today. Hoping for a good variety, and am debating buying more if I too am cursed again (I recall both you and I had this happen with PC9! In fact, that put me off the non-Halloween PC's!)

I REALLY wish Topps would collate a bit better with the LE sets. With 666 sets they could actually separate into piles of different artists AND do the bio cards 1-2-3 so if you bought three sets - for $150+ - you would be guaranteed to get the three bio sets automatically, and three different artists. Once the amount got down low enough these "guarantees" would vanish - and again, they don't have to say anything, just make it a behind-the-scenes practice. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me... The possibility of getting multiple "commons" like this for $150+ has spooked me off of non-Halloween postcards completely. We shall see what happens with my pulls later today (fingers crossed!).

I do enjoy trading but have missed out on filling sets in the past simply due to geography - East Coasters get their sets first and trade first. Kind of like national elections. A tad lame. Knowing you would fill bio sets with buying three sets also seems like an incentive to me. If they did the "three different artists if possible" on top of that, then I would be more likely to buy three additional sets after the limit was raised.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:29:44 AM by Porkie »

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »
Sorry for the double-post - mine arrived right after that last post!  :P

Pulled a Simko, Smokin' Joe, and Gambino. All look better in person than my quick photo:

I'm not attached to any of these if someone is wanting to purchase. Please make me an offer via PM if interested.

I will say I am not impressed with Topps' packaging. Spent $200+ and didn't even come in a box! Was in a manilla envelope (not even padded), no foam envelopes wrapping any of the postcard sets (the RE set was just loose in the envelop and guess what: the corners are dinged - nice! Would cost more to ask for replacements than to buy another set...). The Comics had no hard back on them and were not dinged - amazingly. I smell bean-counters!

« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »

I will say I am not impressed with Topps' packaging. Spent $200+ and didn't even come in a box! Was in a manilla envelope (not even padded), no foam envelopes wrapping any of the postcard sets (the RE set was just loose in the envelop and guess what: the corners are dinged - nice! Would cost more to ask for replacements than to buy another set...). The Comics had no hard back on them and were not dinged - amazingly. I smell bean-counters!
[/quote]AGREED..... even if people ordered just 1 LE set, ship it in a postcard box those boxes are perfect for resell. It's time for wacky packages to go on a vacation for awhile probably a good idea,temporarily.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 11:19:21 AM »
I only bought the initial 3 sets. I don't want to risk it. I will buy the sketches I like off ebay.The sketch market is pretty low right now so you can't flip them for big bucks like we used to.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2013, 11:35:34 AM »
I only bought the initial 3 sets. I don't want to risk it. I will buy the sketches I like off ebay.The sketch market is pretty low right now so you can't flip them for big bucks like we used to.

I can't believe there are still sets available!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »
Again with the worlds luckiest unlucky guy. All the postcards and the bio-cards and Bent. BUT...

...I am now the proud owner of the BOTTOM MIDDLE Butcherfingers sketch. Missed the Haunted House by " " this much, Damn!

THANKS NEIL!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:34:06 PM by lucidjc »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2013, 07:54:07 PM »
Here are some of mine...

Jason, I pulled your color HELLRAISERETS cards and it's stunning!  Thanks for painting such a cool card.

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2013, 05:40:06 AM »
Jason, I pulled your color HELLRAISERETS cards and it's stunning!  Thanks for painting such a cool card.

Nice!! Thanks, Joe, glad you like it!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »
I'm pretty happy with mine, but I was hoping this series would break my streak of NEVER EVER pulling a color sketch. Oh well...

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »
Great cards everyone!! I see you got one of my Killing Sppprreee sketch cards Duznt! congrats!
Here's a Halloween return I painted! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
ebay link -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251370195763

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:38:41 PM by wackydustin »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2013, 01:53:15 PM »
Here's my sketch. Pretty nice Gambino. It is for sale . PM if interested. If no takers by Fri. it will go on evil-Bay.

No takers so I put it on e-Bay.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »
I'm pretty happy with mine, but I was hoping this series would break my streak of NEVER EVER pulling a color sketch. Oh well...

Maybe it's my monitor, but that Brower sure looks like it's color to me.....

anything