Author Topic: Another Wacky Truck Surfaces  (Read 23747 times)

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
Re: Another Wacky Truck Surfaces
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 07:32:17 PM »
Assuming you are serious…….I would say yes, but my concern would be the backing sheet.  Without that it's really an incomplete decal.  When you get it see if it looks like it's been peeled and stuck or maybe just tacked on temporarily so the buyer can decide which one to stick. 

It looks to  be stuck. There is enough room in the blister that it would slide around if it wasn't.

I hope you know I was just kidding about peeling it...right?

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 07:33:52 PM »
Is this truck on ebay yet?

Tomorrow night

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
It looks to  be stuck. There is enough room in the blister that it would slide around if it wasn't.

I hope you know I was just kidding about peeling it...right?

I thought you were probably kidding but I never make 100% assumptions with something I need!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »
Is this truck on ebay yet?

Here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200460104589&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Good luck to all interested. I really hope this stays in the forum community.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
Here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200460104589&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Good luck to all interested. I really hope this stays in the forum community.
Obviously, I was following this auction kinda closely, but to be honest, was a bit surprised at the number it landed at (a bit low, IMO). Anyone know who the winner is?

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 07:07:51 PM »
Obviously, I was following this auction kinda closely, but to be honest, was a bit surprised at the number it landed at (a bit low, IMO). Anyone know who the winner is?

Obviously, I was hoping for more  ;), and I'm kinda kicking myself for not taking an offer for a full 16th series w/ puzzle. But I really can't complain too much.

The winner is a forum member.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2010, 09:03:55 PM »
Obviously, I was hoping for more  ;), and I'm kinda kicking myself for not taking an offer for a full 16th series w/ puzzle. But I really can't complain too much.

The winner is a forum member.
I have found lately that people will pay more for a private deal that they don't have to chase an auction then ebay especially for special items.  Hard to always do private deals with an item like your truck that has no market value though, was your winner the same person who offered the 16th set and puzzle?  If not, sure is interesting that the person who offered the 16th trade wasn't willing to even bid half the value of the trade offer.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »
I have found lately that people will pay more for a private deal that they don't have to chase an auction then ebay especially for special items.  Hard to always do private deals with an item like your truck that has no market value though, was your winner the same person who offered the 16th set and puzzle?  If not, sure is interesting that the person who offered the 16th trade wasn't willing to even bid half the value of the trade offer.

Maybe the guy with the 16th to trade doesn't have cash to spare right now. Anyway, I won the truck.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 09:50:06 PM »
Maybe the guy with the 16th to trade doesn't have cash to spare right now. Anyway, I won the truck.
The guy with the 16th to trade couldn't sell it for $900 to be used for bidding or to pay off a winning bid?  Congrats on picking this unique item up for your collection!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »
The guy with the 16th to trade couldn't sell it for $900 to be used for bidding or to pay off a winning bid?  Congrats on picking this unique item up for your collection!
I believe I saw a #16th series w/puzzle a month or so back for $1000 (BIN) and nobody snatched it! And if memory serves me right the last #16th I saw on ebay went for around $800, just a couple of observations to shed a little light on the subject. :)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline bandaches

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 10:35:26 PM »
I believe I saw a #16th series w/puzzle a month or so back for $1000 (BIN) and nobody snatched it! And if memory serves me right the last #16th I saw on ebay went for around $800, just a couple of observations to shed a little light on the subject. :)
Those statistics support what I said.  My $900 is right in the middle of those two. Also, are you 100% sure a pack fresh series 16 set with puzzle was offered for $1000 BIN?  Merely $30 each of the 27 non-commons and $200 for the puzzle with the 3 commons counting for $0 and you get $1000.  Are pack fresh non-common series 16 titles selling for $30 and less these days?  I haven;t noticed.  I think I would be a buyer at those prices.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 05:52:57 AM »
Those statistics support what I said.  My $900 is right in the middle of those two. Also, are you 100% sure a pack fresh series 16 set with puzzle was offered for $1000 BIN?  Merely $30 each of the 27 non-commons and $200 for the puzzle with the 3 commons counting for $0 and you get $1000.  Are pack fresh non-common series 16 titles selling for $30 and less these days?  I haven;t noticed.  I think I would be a buyer at those prices.
That's what I thought also, I almost snatched them up!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 01:16:22 PM »
To think I paid $2100 for my NM 16th series. It seems like yesterday :D

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 01:46:31 PM »
Anyway, I won the truck.

Very cool!  Would you be willing to post some nice pics of it.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 04:51:55 PM »

I'm surprised you didn't find a set at a flea market with your luck!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »
Very cool!  Would you be willing to post some nice pics of it.

If I can get around to it I'll post a hi res pic. Who has the other truck?

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 11:18:22 PM »

Thanks! That would be excellent. I can't remember who has the other truck. I'm sure someone else does though.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2010, 03:07:03 AM »
Bigtomi has the other truck.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2010, 12:57:15 PM »
Brad, it could have been worse.  16th sets were selling for nearly well over $2,500 at their highest.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
Brad, it could have been worse.  16th sets were selling for nearly well over $2,500 at their highest.
I remember quite well. I remember back at the 2005 Philly show when Greg got a 16th series set with puzzle and Scoot wo copyright for around $2k and he thought he hit it big. I think he sold it all for around $3K. Crazy.

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2014, 05:03:22 AM »
I believe this may be Wacky Truck #3... even though it is not in mint condition.  Nevertheless very rare, and I am glad to finally find one!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2014, 06:20:24 AM »
I believe this may be Wacky Truck #3... even though it is not in mint condition.  Nevertheless very rare, and I am glad to finally find one!

Very cool!  What's the backstory on your find??

Oh, and a big THANKS for finding and using the old thread!   :great:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:22:50 AM by RawGoo »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2014, 04:17:52 PM »
I believe this may be Wacky Truck #3...
Very cool, Brian! Congrats on hunting one down!! However, I believe it is #4. I am aware of three others now:

• bigtomi
  • Plan 9
  • wormypackages

Does anyone know of any others? (think I'd faint if anyone says "yes", lol)

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2014, 07:38:34 AM »
Very cool!  What's the backstory on your find??

Oh, and a big THANKS for finding and using the old thread!   :great:

Actually, not a big story... but a Toy truck collector in Mississppi had listed it on Ebay with a Buy-It-Now, and I happened to find it immediately after the listing.  Just got lucky, I guess... sort of like Tom's Find.

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2014, 07:40:28 AM »
Very cool, Brian! Congrats on hunting one down!! However, I believe it is #4. I am aware of three others now:

• bigtomi
  • Plan 9
  • wormypackages

Does anyone know of any others? (think I'd faint if anyone says "yes", lol)

Tom - I know Mark Alfrey had sold his a while back, since I was very interested in purchasing it... are your sure that Wormy's Truck and Mark's (Plan 9) are not one in the same?  If so, then we are still at only 3 trucks.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »
Tom - I know Mark Alfrey had sold his a while back, since I was very interested in purchasing it... are your sure that Wormy's Truck and Mark's (Plan 9) are not one in the same?  If so, then we are still at only 3 trucks.
I suppose that's possible if there was at least one intervening owner, as I know wormy's did not come directly from Mark.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »
Actually, not a big story... but a Toy truck collector in Mississppi had listed it on Ebay with a Buy-It-Now, and I happened to find it immediately after the listing.  Just got lucky, I guess... sort of like Tom's Find.
sort of exactly like Tom's Find.   ;)