Author Topic: WACKY HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS MIDNIGHT MADNESS SALE - WEDNESDAY, OCT 23, 2013!!!  (Read 57824 times)

Offline Plastered Peanut

I'm joking. Why would Topps sell the posters individually? When just about everyone will buy the set for $40.

Not everyone has $40 bucks to throw around like it was trash. 

I picked my favorite title, and bought that one.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

Poster #6 WAS for sale individually from the 'late' start of Midnight Madness. It disappeared ...off the grid... around 3:00am EST. The 'Trick' is that people who shop NOW think
they get a "Treat' [bonus] when buying the complete set of six. I would like to know why Individual Poster 6 was yanked.....maybe Neil can find out. If it was pulled due to a printing error...
this might hold up delivery of 'complete poster sets'.

I took snapshots of the web site during the midnight madness sale to put in my Postcard collection.  Here's proof that #6 was indeed on sale!

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Swiski

I'm relieved the Halloween comics didn't have a bonus card this time where you needed to buy 3 comics to get them all.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
I'm relieved the Halloween comics didn't have a bonus card this time where you needed to buy 3 comics to get them all.

Me too.  I like the Wonkys, but now is not the time for more special stuff requiring multiple purchases - there's too much out to buy right this week as it is!

ARRGGHHH!  I just checked FedEx tracking, and my Wackys are on a truck for delivery at the depot about 8 miles from here, but they are scheduled for Monday delivery.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:45:21 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Ruffs

I got a bad track #, can't track either order. The track # almost matches the order #, Anyone else have this

Offline ratchet007

I got a bad track #, can't track either order. The track # almost matches the order #, Anyone else have this

At least you got a  tracking # (albeit a wrong one). I ordered very early Thursday morning (around 12:45) and haven't even received a shipping conformation from Topps.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

Me too.  I like the Wonkys, but now is not the time for more special stuff requiring multiple purchases - there's too much out to buy right this week as it is!

ARRGGHHH!  I just checked FedEx tracking, and my Wackys are on a truck for delivery at the depot about 8 miles from here, but they are scheduled for Monday delivery.
Mine says Monday as well way farther west
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Shrunken Donuts

wow,,still NOT sold out  :-\
People are finding that they can no longer flip these limited edition Wacky releases on eBay for a quick, easy profit.  Between those people and the burnout crowd, probably 75% of previous buyers are now out of the mix.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
People are finding that they can no longer flip these limited edition Wacky releases on eBay for a quick, easy profit.  Between those people and the burnout crowd, probably 75% of previous buyers are now out of the mix.

I'd buy a couple more if they would remove the limit.  But, I generally keep or trade my sketches, and I haven't sold anything on evilbay in years.  I just want a few more shots at really cool sketches for myself!

Offline Monsterettes

Same here!  My package was placed on a truck at 7:14 this morning, but won't be delivered until Monday.  Apparently my Halloween postcards will have the grand tour of the five boroughs before arriving at their final destination! 

Offline Monsterettes

It can take 24 hours for the tracking number to be entered into the system.  Have your tried the number recently?  When I first tried using my tracking number I kept getting a message that there was no such shipment and I should call their customer service line.  But today the tracking number works just fine.

Offline bigtomi

I just checked FedEx tracking, and my Wackys are on a truck for delivery at the depot about 8 miles from here, but they are scheduled for Monday delivery.
Mine were on a truck yesterday (Friday) morning for delivery...and weren't delivered, either. Site says Monday.

Maybe Topps forgot to tell FedEx that they were.....wait for it.....ah, never mind.   :P

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Mine were on a truck yesterday (Friday) morning for delivery...and weren't delivered, either. Site says Monday.

Maybe Topps forgot to tell FedEx that they were.....wait for it.....ah, never mind.   :P

I hate Fedex. They do this crap all the time. UPS tracking is much better.

Offline Ruffs

It can take 24 hours for the tracking number to be entered into the system.  Have your tried the number recently?  When I first tried using my tracking number I kept getting a message that there was no such shipment and I should call their customer service line.  But today the tracking number works just fine.
OK, now I have the real track #, both my orders are in Connecticut, it's a long way to Florida.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
I hate Fedex. They do this crap all the time. UPS tracking is much better.

UPS is much better and they come when they say!! FED UP sux...

i ordered the LE PC and they came - but i also ordered the Reg PC and the Posters so they haven't come - looks like they will ship twice maybe 3x - that's got to cost more than $8.79?? right...dont get why they dont ship it all together...

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
UPS is much better and they come when they say!!

not always. they totally hosed me over with ANS11, claiming they attempted a delivery on a Friday when they didn't. The driver lied. Then had to wait til Monday to actually talk to someone to even begin to straighten things out. usually they are good, but this was completely fubar.

Offline Hustler08

not always. they totally hosed me over with ANS11, claiming they attempted a delivery on a Friday when they didn't. The driver lied. Then had to wait til Monday to actually talk to someone to even begin to straighten things out. usually they are good, but this was completely fubar.

ok maybe it depends on the driver and area...i never had a problem - so i am lucky!!  :great: :great:

Offline Zenergizer

I stayed up 'til 12:25 or so that night, then gave up.  Not happy about that, but at least
there were plenty of sets for me in the morning.

Sets are beautifully done as always, although the bad collation of the bio cards
strikes again.  I was hoping if that one got 3 sets, one should be assured to get
all 6 bio cards, oh well....

I GUESS THE DAYS OF LE POSTCARD SETS BEING SHIPPED IN A BOX IS OVER
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Did anyone who also ordered posters with their postcards get a shipping notice yet? I haven't heard a peep from Topps yet...

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
Did anyone who also ordered posters with their postcards get a shipping notice yet? I haven't heard a peep from Topps yet...

Haven't heard anything either, but some times it comes anyways....hoping that's the case here....

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

My package just arrived without the posters so they must be sending them separate.

Offline Hustler08

My package just arrived without the posters so they must be sending them separate.

seems like it happened to us all that ordered posters and the LE set...i am still waiting as well - double shipping for Fed UP!! I like that!! they might even ship the Reg Set seperately - this is a 'swiss mess' - back to UPS
I am FED UP!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline lucidjc

If they gave us free shipping and shipped it all at once, it just may cost less for them. Great business practice. Topps you never fail to astound me!

Offline ratchet007

If they gave us free shipping and shipped it all at once, it just may cost less for them. Great business practice. Topps you never fail to astound me!
I e-mailed Topps earlier asking about mine. I had gotten order confirmation but no shipping notice. They e-mailed me  back within 30 minutes saying there had been a slight problem with my order. They had to change the order # but assured me they had shipped and also gave a tracking #. When I checked the tracking # on Fed Up's website I discovered they've been about 20 miles from me at the local sorting facility since Saturday morning and I still don't have them. Maybe tommorrow??? WTF???

Probably should open a set                 ..................

Offline FourRoses

I will say maybe Topps finally got its act together when it comes to shipping. Instead of mailing the postcards in a box they used their noodle and shipped them in a small business type envelope.

Offline bigtomi

they might even ship the Reg Set seperately - this is a 'swiss mess'
I ordered the comic, 1 LE and 1 RE (no posters)...and did not get the RE set in my package. How stupid. Topps are a bunch of genie-asses!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I just received shipping notice for the posters. They will be here on Wed. There was zero packaging for the postcards and comic. I'm glad it arrived safe. It could have been a disaster. They just put everything in a plain brown 10X12 envelope.

Offline Monsterettes

I truly think the artists have outdone themselves on the Halloween postcards this year -- I love them all!  Really guys, just amazing work.  I also love the the envelope they come in, brings back memories while being entirely up to date with the 2013 wacky characters.  Thanks to Neil for dreaming this up and to everyone who contributed!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Not everyone has $40 bucks to throw around like it was trash. 

I picked my favorite title, and bought that one.

So you buy one for $10 and I get 6 for $40, who got a better value for their trash?

Offline lucidjc

I will say maybe Topps finally got its act together when it comes to shipping. Instead of mailing the postcards in a box they used their noodle and shipped them in a small business type envelope.

Untill they are bent in half.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
I truly think the artists have outdone themselves on the Halloween postcards this year -- I love them all!  Really guys, just amazing work.  I also love the the envelope they come in, brings back memories while being entirely up to date with the 2013 wacky characters.  Thanks to Neil for dreaming this up and to everyone who contributed!!

Glad to hear you like the postcards (and envelope)! Call it a labor of love!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

I also think this is one of the best releases. I was a bit confused on the envelope though. Shouldn't the envelopes be the other way around?

Offline lucidjc

I also think this is one of the best releases. I was a bit confused on the envelope though. Shouldn't the envelopes be the other way around?

More marketing, this way you buy the R.E. just to get the wrapper. you could have had a v8