Author Topic: WACKY HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS MIDNIGHT MADNESS SALE - WEDNESDAY, OCT 23, 2013!!!  (Read 57728 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
doesn't the poster set have the bonus #6 that is not sold separately? not quite the same thing, but a small incentive in addition to the lower price for a set vs individuals

I swear I saw poster #6 for sale individually last night. If that is the case a person would need to buy the set. We are seeing a lot of redundant titles though which kind of stinks.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I though there were one or two people who, again... opionion, really upped their game in ans11

I thought so too. Even with the poop jokes I thought ANS11 was better as a whole than ANS10. There wasn't one standout title in ANS11, for me, like Reepers in ANS10

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
doesn't the poster set have the bonus #6 that is not sold separately? not quite the same thing, but a small incentive in addition to the lower price for a set vs individuals

that's right!! and cheaper to buy the set in aggregate... :]

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
interesting. I think just the opposite - I found ANS11 to be one of the weakest overall, but that was really due to 1 or 2 artists who's work I don't care for at all

I though there were one or two people who, again... opinion, really upped their game in ans11, but I certainly understand that if you don't care for someone's style, that is that. I know Ron Comes, Joe Grossberg, and Dustin Graham have done some WP sketch work before but it seems like they may have done more, quantity wise, in this release. At least I am seeing more of their items on ebay and in the forum. All three have done very nice work IMO.

I always assume that what we see on ebay are mostly two fold... what the sellers consider to be the cream of the crop, hoping to get high bids and  the pieces people might not necessarily want to keep for their own collections. Call it the highs and the lows, to be blunt. I just seem to be seeing more "desirable" items for ans11 than for past releases.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Kook

I missed the fact that poster #6 isn't offered separately. Technically, that is a bonus. It would be an issue if I wanted to collect a poster, but many (myself now included) have limited collecting to cards, so unlike the other poster set that offered (I think) the 3 PCM bonus cards (1 per box purchased), this poster set was a stand alone from my perspective.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
I mean no disrespect.

Me neither! I know you too well Brad!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I missed the fact that poster #6 isn't offered separately. Technically, that is a bonus. It would be an issue if I wanted to collect a poster, but many (myself now included) have limited collecting to cards, so unlike the other poster set that offered (I think) the 3 PCM bonus cards (1 per box purchased), this poster set was a stand alone from my perspective.

I'm kind of on the fence about posters too. I have no place for them other than the big binder I used for the other posters. Even though it's great to see the art blown up I think the postcards are big enough.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
I though there were one or two people who, again... opinion, really upped their game in ans11, but I certainly understand that if you don't care for someone's style, that is that. I know Ron Comes, Joe Grossberg, and Dustin Graham have done some WP sketch work before but it seems like they may have done more, quantity wise, in this release. At least I am seeing more of their items on ebay and in the forum. All three have done very nice work IMO.

I always assume that what we see on ebay are mostly two fold... what the sellers consider to be the cream of the crop, hoping to get high bids and  the pieces people might not necessarily want to keep for their own collections. Call it the highs and the lows, to be blunt. I just seem to be seeing more "desirable" items for ans11 than for past releases.
ah. sorry, I see we're talking two different things. everyone was talking strictly the sketches with ANS11 - and I agree, tons and tons of fantastic sketches, probably the best overall.

I was off on a tangent and was thinking and referring to the base set art, which I found to be one of the weakest

Offline mykesbytes

I swear I saw poster #6 for sale individually last night. If that is the case a person would need to buy the set. We are seeing a lot of redundant titles though which kind of stinks.

Poster #6 WAS for sale individually from the 'late' start of Midnight Madness. It disappeared ...off the grid... around 3:00am EST. The 'Trick' is that people who shop NOW think
they get a "Treat' [bonus] when buying the complete set of six. I would like to know why Individual Poster 6 was yanked.....maybe Neil can find out. If it was pulled due to a printing error...
this might hold up delivery of 'complete poster sets'.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

I got an email from Topps with a tracking number
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline ScaryLee

I think it is burnout from ANS10, ANS11, PC9, Binder release... Prices keep going up, complexity going up, time required going up, sketch glut, after release prices dropping quickly, chances of being a completest=0%, interest going down...

Where we are now in wacky history reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry's parents & uncle Leo indulge themselves in Elaine's "free" hotel room for the weekend & are laying around in a drunken daze from raiding the mini bar & hotel services...

You hit the nail on the head with all of this.

Offline ScaryLee

ah. sorry, I see we're talking two different things. everyone was talking strictly the sketches with ANS11 - and I agree, tons and tons of fantastic sketches, probably the best overall.

I was off on a tangent and was thinking and referring to the base set art, which I found to be one of the weakest

I agree. I wasn't too thrilled with the over all quality of ANS11 art on new parodies. As always there was good ones but a lot of bad ones. It was almost like 1991 all over again lol

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Poster #6 WAS for sale individually from the 'late' start of Midnight Madness. It disappeared ...off the grid... around 3:00am EST.

Thanks! I thought I was seeing things. :] :]

Offline NEZHEAD42

Poster #6 WAS for sale individually from the 'late' start of Midnight Madness. It disappeared ...off the grid... around 3:00am EST. The 'Trick' is that people who shop NOW think
they get a "Treat' [bonus] when buying the complete set of six. I would like to know why Individual Poster 6 was yanked.....maybe Neil can find out. If it was pulled due to a printing error...
this might hold up delivery of 'complete poster sets'.
I concure. I too saw it listed when everything went live around 12:30. Then around 2am it disappeared. I was up late doing screen caps of all the different items for sale. Poster #6 vanished before I got to it. maybe it was mistakenly listed. Glad to know that I wasnt the only one who saw it and then was like "WTF".
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Halloween Poster 6 is actually a bonus title. The only way to buy it is with the complete poster set.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Didn't know if we were running a tally, but last night I purchased one regular and one limited edition postcard set.  That was all my budget would allow right now, though I did think the poster-card offerings are pretty slick. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
You're right! Some days, I am just an artist. And some days I wish I was just an artist  ;)...

"Just an artist"??  I wish I had the talent to be an artist - you guys are good!!

Thank you Neil, for sticking around for us last night.

And, thanks to whoever at Topps had to work!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:13:08 PM by RawGoo »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
"Just an artist"??  I wish I had the talent to be an artist - you guys are good!!

Thank you Neil, for sticking around for us last night.

And, thanks to whoever at Topps had to work!!

Maybe it was Neil who threw the switch to start the online ordering last night? Maybe he is more than an artist? :great:

Offline HENRY.R

Marcia,Marcia. lol :] :]

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

I guess their's no way to check how many LE sets are left
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline DrSushi

I guess their's no way to check how many LE sets are left
But there's still at least 3!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Maybe it was Neil who threw the switch to start the online ordering last night? Maybe he is more than an artist? :great:

Nope, I leave the switch throwing to Igor

Offline bigtomi

Prices keep going up, complexity going up, time required going up, sketch glut, after release prices dropping quickly, chances of being a completest=0%, interest going down...
and a partridge in a pear tree!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
and a partridge in a pear tree!

HaHa. We should work on a jingle. I'll start.
'OLDS5 is delayed'
'Four too many borders'
'Three different orange wrappers'
'Too many variations'
'And Crappy poop jokes!'
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:02:12 PM by BumChex »

Offline ClubbedCanadian

wow,,still NOT sold out  :-\

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
12  Artist working
11  Days off schedule
10  Was too Bloated
9    Years of ANS
8    Nothin' better
7x2 Bonus cards
6    Was Just Cancelled; (Hustler)
OLDS 5 ...there goes my wallet
'Four too many borders'
'Three different orange wrappers'
'Too many variations'
and a sketch card when I ordered 3
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:17:41 AM by Rabid Shaver »

Offline Jean Nutty

I was slow on the draw this year, but finally just scored my LE postcard set! 

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
I was slow on the draw this year, but finally just scored my LE postcard set! 

(Image removed from quote.)

Bet You get it "Wednesday"  :P

Offline barfwimpson

So they cancelled the free shipping, but they've got the shipping cost down to less than $7 for a Halloween Postcard set and a pair of regular size binders, so not too shabby.
With that reasonable rate, I get 6 autographed postcards, a sketch, and the new Mars Attacks binder and a Star Wars Galaxy 5 binder for a little less than $100, delivered. I'm perfectly fine with that. The Galaxy 5 binders have been sold out for a while. They used to come with a promo, but no mention of it in this new listing, so I'm not expecting one. Topps must've found some of those in the back. Did any one else get one of those? They are pretty tough to find and a steal at $20 these days. I tried to get two, but I think I may have gotten the last one. 
I'll post my postcard sketch in the spoilers once I have it.
These sketches will probably be the panels from the new Halloween comic, right? (The way the April's Fools and Holiday sketch cards were the panels from those comics, I mean).  
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:18:31 PM by barfwimpson »

Offline lucidjc

So they cancelled the free shipping, but they've got the shipping cost down to less than $7 for a Halloween Postcard set and a pair of regular size binders, so not too shabby.
With that reasonable rate, I get 6 autographed postcards, a sketch, and the new Mars Attacks binder and a Star Wars Galaxy 5 binder for a little less than $100, delivered. I'm perfectly fine with that. The Galaxy 5 binders have been sold out for a while. They used to come with a promo, but no mention of it in this new listing, so I'm not expecting one. Topps must've found some of those in the back. Did any one else get one of those? They are pretty tough to find and a steal at $20 these days. I tried to get two, but I think I may have gotten the last one. 
I'll post my postcard sketch in the spoilers once I have it.
These sketches will probably be the panels from the new Halloween comic, right? (The way the April's Fools and Holiday sketch cards were the panels from those comics, I mean).  

Seems to me Topps would save the comic sketches for giveaways, like in the past. I would "HOPE" the Halloween sketches are ON TOPIC this time! not that last halloween they were off topic, but PC9 was WAY OFF TOPIC.

Offline HENRY.R

TOPPS DID IT AGAIN,PAID FOR TWO DAY DELIVERY TRACKING SHOWS,SHOULD ARRIVE ON TUESDAY,LOL WHY PAY FOR TWO DAY DELIVERY. BS   >( >(

Offline HENRY.R

lmao,when my luck is bad,its bad,waiting for some ans11 boxes from blowout cards & this happened few days ago,so my delivery has been postponed by UPS

Offline HENRY.R

Shipment ProgressWhat's This?
Location Date Local Time Activity
Vernon, CA, United States  10/25/2013  2:51 P.M.  Arrival Scan 
Barstow, CA, United States  10/22/2013  4:00 P.M.  Train derailment.  :'( :'( :'(
Baltimore, MD, United States  10/22/2013  3:28 A.M.  Departure Scan 
Baltimore, MD, United States  10/21/2013  11:49 P.M.  Arrival Scan 
Chantilly, VA, United States  10/21/2013  9:30 P.M.  Departure Scan 
 10/21/2013  7:36 P.M.  Origin Scan 
United States  10/21/2013  3:50 P.M.  Order Processed: Ready for UPS 

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
TOPPS DID IT AGAIN,PAID FOR TWO DAY DELIVERY TRACKING SHOWS,SHOULD ARRIVE ON TUESDAY,LOL WHY PAY FOR TWO DAY DELIVERY. BS   >( >(
What day did it ship? If Friday, then Tues is correct, unfortunately (can't count Sat/Sun).

Offline HENRY.R

yup it shipped on late Friday,purchased items on Thursday when items went up for sale,Topps could have ship them on Thursday as they did for some buyers,especially when I paid for 2 days shipping,also if they shipped using Fed ex they do deliver on Saturdays,so I would count that as a day.

anything