Author Topic: WACKY HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS MIDNIGHT MADNESS SALE - WEDNESDAY, OCT 23, 2013!!!  (Read 57727 times)

Offline HENRY.R

I paid for two day delivery,since shipping wasn't free,I might as well pay $17 more for two day delivery.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
They just need to have a spoiler alert you can see almost everything while ordering

Did they see you naked? If they did you better call Saul! In Colorado you call Frank Azare (the strong arm)!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I paid for two day delivery,since shipping wasn't free,I might as well pay $17 more for two day delivery.

I think you just did as so did I

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

Did they see you naked? If they did you better call Saul! In Colorado you call Frank Azare (the strong arm)!
I ALWAYS SLEEP IN MY CLOTHES HALLOWEEN POSTCARD NIGHT
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I ALWAYS SLEEP IN MY CLOTHES HALLOWEEN POSTCARD NIGHT

It's probably good. You don't want to scare little children.

It's probably good. You don't want to scare little children.
THEY'RE ARE NO LITTLE ONES IN JOLIET                    ALL "ADULTS"
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator

The posters specifically stated 'ships within 4 days', so I wonder how that's going to work.

Offline wackygarbage

Neil probably knows nothing about the rewards program. You need to ask Topps direct. Neil is just an artist.

Just an artist?  Just an artist?

Neil knows stuff, man!  He's everywhere and sees and knows EVERYTHING!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Just an artist?  Just an artist?

Neil knows stuff, man!  He's everywhere and sees and knows EVERYTHING!
You're thinking of Santa Claus ;)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
I sure hope package gets delivered by Fed Ex  ;) ;)
Me too, because then I'll most likely receive them by Halloween.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
Was working so didn't have time to comment but was great seeing everyone chatting while waiting for them to appear. Put my order in for 3 LE and 1 RE plus the Comics. Passed on the posters this time, but neat to see.

Happy Wacky Halloween, All!  >:D

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
OK, I just bought 7 posters with one title being duplicate so I can trade for the one I'm missing. I just spent $70 to do some trading....Too Funny. Really Topps? Good strategy? LOL I think this is funny. Why would anyone buy just a couple poster? I can see some may not like them all but for $40 its worth it.
I don't understand what you just did. what poster are you missing?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Most Online Today: 53. Most Online Ever: 90 (October 17, 2012, 09:22:27 PM)

Not even close...  :-[

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator

Not even close...  :-[

Yeah, I wonder why?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Yeah, I wonder why?

Sketch burn out?  Maybe the thrill of the sketches has been diminished by ANS10 and ANS11 since they have become plentiful and fairly inexpensive compared to two years ago at this time. Not as many people intending to flip sketches on ebay for this release, I suspect.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline ScaryLee

Yeah, I wonder why?

Possibly burn out brought on by ANS11 glut.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Sketch burn out?  Maybe the thrill of the sketches has been diminished by ANS10 and ANS11 since they have become plentiful and fairly inexpensive compared to two years ago at this time. Not as many people intending to flip sketches on ebay for this release, I suspect.

I agree, the ANS sketches have really changed things, but I still thought that people would be excited enough about the new Halloween release to stay up for it.  Probably, a lot of people just figured there would be plenty left 8 hours from now.

For sketches, my favorites are still Halloween postcard sketches, with regular postcard sketches runner-up.  I'm hoping to pull one with a Bot on it somewhere! 

$52.99 was this the same or did it go up ?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
                                                                                        $52.99 was this the same or did it go up ?

Both the 2012 Halloween set and PC9 were $52.95.

Offline Alexeirex

But the postcard sketches can be/are so much better than regular ANS and OS series releases - think the large sized postcards
from series 9 and the cool halloween sketches from last year. JMHO. Looking forward to these!
Alex

Offline DrDeal

I purchased one comic and one non limited PC set. I plan on buying the Limited Bonus card, one sketch, and the bios on the bay.
I passed on the posters. I think they should have done a Trading card sized tie-in like they did with the first poster release. I realize these
posters are much different than the first run (Quality of card stock/ shipped flat) but I don't need posters as well as post cards.

Andrew

Online quas

Does Topps still have the reward points?

They're history, like the free shipping and the workability of the 20% discount on "online only" items.  It's in the fine print and I have an entire email string on it.
Marc

Offline FourRoses

The last time I ordered from Topps (when they were making their move up the coast) it took almost two weeks to get delivery so this time I hope the process goes much more smoothly so they arrive in time for Halloween.

Offline dth1971

The Wacky Halloween Sale ran out of comic books!

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Neil probably knows nothing about the rewards program. You need to ask Topps direct. Neil is just an artist.

You're right! Some days, I am just an artist. And some days I wish I was just an artist  ;)...

Offline Kook

I purchased one comic and one non limited PC set. I plan on buying the Limited Bonus card, one sketch, and the bios on the bay.
I passed on the posters. I think they should have done a Trading card sized tie-in like they did with the first poster release. I realize these
posters are much different than the first run (Quality of card stock/ shipped flat) but I don't need posters as well as post cards.

Andrew

I was surprised there were no bonuses for purchasing the posters or comics & no "1 of 3" bonuses for purchasing multiple regular Halloween sets. I passed on the comic, posters & only purchased 1 regular set of Halloween cards this time (in addition to 3 ltd sets). Completist urge went away with ans10 & ans11.

Offline sco(o)t

I was surprised there were no bonuses for purchasing the posters or comics & no "1 of 3" bonuses for purchasing multiple regular Halloween sets. I passed on the comic, posters & only purchased 1 regular set of Halloween cards this time (in addition to 3 ltd sets). Completist urge went away with ans10 & ans11.

Same here except I did get the Comic but passed on the posters.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I don't understand what you just did. what poster are you missing?

I'm joking. Why would Topps sell the posters individually? When just about everyone will buy the set for $40.

Offline sco(o)t

But the postcard sketches can be/are so much better than regular ANS and OS series releases - think the large sized postcards
from series 9 and the cool halloween sketches from last year. JMHO. Looking forward to these!
Alex

My opinion... I think most of us tend to favor the Halloween sketches because of the subject matter (more monster-ish) and the usual postcard artists like Neil Camera, Joe Simko, Mark Parisi, and Smokin' Joe seem to have a little more fun with running gags, combos, etc. than they do for the ANS releases. Perhaps Topps gives them a little more lattitude based on the target audience and smaller production numbers.

But for what my eyes perceive as nice sketch artwork, I have to say that ANS11 was extremely strong. Many great pieces from all the artists involved.    
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:22:02 AM by sco(o)t »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
You're right! Some days, I am just an artist. And some days I wish I was just an artist  ;)...

I mean no disrespect. I'm just saying you probably don't know anything about a rewards program that Topps is offering on all their products. That's probably a different division of Topps.

Offline Kook

Not even close...  :-[

Yeah, I wonder why?

I think it is burnout from ANS10, ANS11, PC9, Binder release... Prices keep going up, complexity going up, time required going up, sketch glut, after release prices dropping quickly, chances of being a completest=0%, interest going down...

Where we are now in wacky history reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry's parents & uncle Leo indulge themselves in Elaine's "free" hotel room for the weekend & are laying around in a drunken daze from raiding the mini bar & hotel services...

Offline sco(o)t

I'm joking. Why would Topps sell the posters individually? When just about everyone will buy the set for $40.

My speculation... there are still many of us that see $40 as a non-trivial amount to pay for something, especially as Christmas is approaching and with the high amount of other WP and GPK items newly available in a short time span. At least this gives someone the option, that if there is one standout title they like in this release, they can get that one poster. We all have different wallet straining points I guess.

• Administrator

But for what my eyes perceive as nice artwork, I have to say that ANS11 was extremely strong. Many great pieces from all the artists involved.    
interesting. I think just the opposite - I found ANS11 to be one of the weakest overall, but that was really due to 1 or 2 artists who's work I don't care for at all

Offline Kook

My speculation... there are still many of us that see $40 as a non-trivial amount to pay for something, especially as Christmas is approaching and with the high amount of other WP and GPK items newly available in a short time span. At least this gives someone the option, that if there is one standout title they like in this release, they can get that one poster. We all have different wallet straining points I guess.

I agree with that

• Administrator
doesn't the poster set have the bonus #6 that is not sold separately? not quite the same thing, but a small incentive in addition to the lower price for a set vs individuals

anything