Author Topic: Hi, I'm new to Wacky Packages!  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Rod Wad

Hi, I'm new to Wacky Packages!
« on: May 16, 2010, 02:04:00 AM »
Hey everybody, I just wanted to drop a line and give a big HELLO.  I don't collect cards other than Garbage Pail Kids but the Wacky promo cards that came with GPK All New Series 2 were pretty cool. Since then I've been intrigued by Wacky Packages and I am going to give collecting a try.  I even got my very first WPs coming in the mail this week- a few blister packs I got on ebay.

Since I'm still learning the ins and outs of Wackys- Is this the central forum everyone uses to trade or are there other ones I should keep tabs on?  I found another one, but it's interface is pretty old.  At any rate, see you guys/gals on the board!

BTW I should plug Garbage Pail Kids Underground, where us GPK-guys go.  It's pretty awesome, just a bunch of 80s kids bs'ing about everything. 

Rodney

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Hi, I'm new to Wacky Packages!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 08:38:23 AM »
Hey everybody, I just wanted to drop a line and give a big HELLO.  I don't collect cards other than Garbage Pail Kids but the Wacky promo cards that came with GPK All New Series 2 were pretty cool. Since then I've been intrigued by Wacky Packages and I am going to give collecting a try.  I even got my very first WPs coming in the mail this week- a few blister packs I got on ebay.

Since I'm still learning the ins and outs of Wackys- Is this the central forum everyone uses to trade or are there other ones I should keep tabs on?  I found another one, but it's interface is pretty old.  At any rate, see you guys/gals on the board!

BTW I should plug Garbage Pail Kids Underground, where us GPK-guys go.  It's pretty awesome, just a bunch of 80s kids bs'ing about everything. 

Rodney

Hi Rod! Welcome to the forum! Yes this the main forum and there are a lot of collectors that are ready to trade anytime and answer questions. Don't be shy.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 09:46:12 PM »

Rodney

Welcome!

The other forums with the old interface also seem to be all but dead.  I was suddenly able to log in to greg's forum yesterday and I was able to catch up on a month of posts in about 10 minutes.  The last two weeks especially seem to be void of posts.

If you have any questions, please ask away.  No question is a bad question!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Rod Wad

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 02:19:14 AM »
Well thanks,  talk about bad timing, it seems I got into WP one day after the Old School series sold out- so I actually do have a question.  Why did Topps sell it online-only, and will this be the new way Topps sells it's future sets?  If so it would seem to be kind of a bummer; I have a lot of great childhood memories biking miles to the nearest 7-Eleven to buy ONE PACK of $.25 cards.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 07:29:42 AM »
Well thanks,  talk about bad timing, it seems I got into WP one day after the Old School series sold out- so I actually do have a question.  Why did Topps sell it online-only, and will this be the new way Topps sells it's future sets?  If so it would seem to be kind of a bummer; I have a lot of great childhood memories biking miles to the nearest 7-Eleven to buy ONE PACK of $.25 cards.

Dave would have to chime in here but it was a smaller run of 3500 boxes total. Basically a fun set for hobby enthusiasts. With low production it was decided to be a Topps on-line exclusive. This would also help Topps sell other products from their online store. There will be another series coming out in August called 2010. I believe that will be in stores.

anything