Author Topic: ANS11 Favorites  (Read 13820 times)

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: ANS11 Favorites
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 08:51:33 PM »
B1 thru B6 were posted over in the spoilers thread. At some point I guess they aren't really spoilers any more.
Btw - Darth Vader is Luke's father  :P

Oh yeah, that’s right, I forgot they had been posted. I see them now. Some good titles. I especially like With Bone and Beakaroni. My son and I play light saber laser fights, as he is a huge Star Wars fan (we were an hour ago) and as we slice and dice each other, I often say in my deepest monotone voice, “I am your father”

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »
Mark has a great cartoon on his website, offthemark.com, with the tagline "The original scarier version of Star Wars", with Darth Vader revealing a dress under his cape and saying "Luke...I am your Mother."  Too hilarious!!  One of his best.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »
 PS...With Bone is awesome!  Too bad it and more like it were replaced in the base by dooty poop.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
PS...With Bone is awesome!  Too bad it and more like it were replaced in the base by dooty poop.

I just assembled the base set and WOW what the heck is with all the poop jokes?

Poop, butts, diapers, farts, yada yada.  Seriously?  This isn't Garbage Pail Wackys  >(

Yuck, keep this out of my Wackys Topps!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »
I just assembled the base set and WOW what the heck is with all the poop jokes?

Poop, butts, diapers, farts, yada yada.  Seriously?  This isn't Garbage Pail Wackys  >(

Yuck, keep this out of my Wackys Topps!

Amen, brother Slaytex.  Amen!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 02:31:13 PM »
Amen, brother Slaytex.  Amen!

You are right Brother Dave, I say we wrap up the person who came up with the idea of all the poop related ones in toilet paper-LOL.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
You are right Brother Dave, I say we wrap up the person who came up with the idea of all the poop related ones in toilet paper-LOL.

Used toilet paper.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »
Oh yeah, that’s right, I forgot they had been posted. I see them now. Some good titles. I especially like With Bone and Beakaroni. My son and I play light saber laser fights, as he is a huge Star Wars fan (we were an hour ago) and as we slice and dice each other, I often say in my deepest monotone voice, “I am your father”

And then, you cut his arm off, right!?!  Yeah, that's a fun game.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 08:57:29 PM »
Used toilet paper.

Not too used I hope-LOL.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
Here are my top stickers including the bonus and lost ones.  

Overall not my favorite set  :-[, but there are some good ones in there.  

Sno Craps and Spray Poupon have good art and would be classics with a different gag but I just get disgusted at the poop aspect   :sad3:.  Hope they go in a different direction next time.  

Anyhoo here is the list:

Prey-Doh - Good gag and nice clean art.  Love the claw coming up from the top
Ding Kongs - Really cool sticker.  Love the art and gag.  Nice job on this one.
Polluted Springs - Really detailed art - love that.  Like the tagline "Nuclear Waste Water" and the three-eyed frogs.
Funky - Haha it's got a funny dancing chicken.  Dunno I just like this one.
Degrease - Always like the classic deodorant wackys so this one gets in my list haha.  Has a good gag and the art is detailed.
Sno Craps** - Love the yeti, hate the gag  :sad:  Could've kept the yeti and made the gag "sno chaps" or something and would've been great.
Pizza Trolls - Great wacky! Like everything about this one.  More like this topps!
Dripsie** - Like the art and ok gag, but didn't like the innuendo of peeing the pants.  You can do better than that topps!
Loaf - Nice one!  Good play on the original product and a nice visual too.  
Barnum's Manimals - Woot!  Home run topps!  Love love this one haha.  Funny elephant gets me laughing.
Bit - This one grew on me.  It is a good gag "pre-chewed pens" haha and good clean art.
Compost-It - Cool!  Looks like a still-life painting (If life was disgustingly yucky haha)  Like the worms too.
Benjamin Morgue - "Fate Sealing Paint"  :]  Good one.  A cool grim reaper and a hand poking out of the top.  Awesome!

With-Bone - Bonus wacky. My favorite sticker from the whole set.   :sunny:  This would fit in perfectly with any of the original series sets.  WELL DONE TOPPS!
Reddi-wimp - Bonus wacky.  Haha it's a funny one.  Poor guy getting creamed on the front with his teeth coming out.  
Bouncer - Bonus wacky.  A+ Well executed wacky.  Art, gag, everything.  

Gristlers - Cool lost wacky.  Nicely drawn pig.  I tend to think Twizzlers taste like this in real life anyway haha.

Top Three:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:22:26 PM by Slaytex99 »

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
Thanks for the "with bone" love. I was very happy to be given that title to paint since it was such a vintage style joke.

Ps-those are toes in benjamin morgue, with a toe tag.... :P
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 09:24:04 AM »
Thanks for the "with bone" love. I was very happy to be given that title to paint since it was such a vintage style joke.

Haha oooops those are toes  :] "they had a brush with death" toe tag..funny!

Everytime I go back and look at them I see little things I missed.  I love the detail in them.

Thanks for with bone   :great: it really made the set for me (even though it was a bonus sticker - what's up with that? should be in the main set imo)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »

I just saw the painting auction and wish I would have seen it sooner. I would love to have that piece.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2013, 10:26:41 AM »
I agree, LOAF is definitely one of the best titles in the series. I like it when a Wacky title contains other Wacky titles. Is he wearing a yellow LIVESTRONG bracelet? That would be a crack up. Great artwork!   

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2013, 10:42:43 AM »
I just saw the painting auction and wish I would have seen it sooner. I would love to have that piece.
you did get the Reeper's though, right?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »
you did get the Reeper's though, right?

I did. I don't think they have shipped it yet. I will be getting it framed right away.

anything