Author Topic: ANS 11 Patches  (Read 20505 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
ANS 11 Patches
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »
Everyone,
I think the patches are the best thing to happen with ANS11. I'm trying to build a set. What are your thoughts on the patches? If you haven't seen them and are totally ignoring this series you are missing out on these. They are the coolest collectable in a long time. Might be of all ANS series. It's that nice. So I'm curious how people are doing to fill the set. I only need Pupsi.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: ANS 11 Patches
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:30:34 PM »
Everyone,
I think the patches are the best thing to happen with ANS11. I'm trying to build a set. What are your thoughts on the patches? If you haven't seen them and are totally ignoring this series you are missing out on these. They are the coolest collectable in a long time. Might be of all ANS series. It's that nice. So I'm curious how people are doing to fill the set. I only need Pupsi.

I guess I am not that impressed with them myself. They are so small you can't really appreciate the art and there is nothing really "patch" about them. If this would have been a postcard-sized item with a regular card-sized insert that was an actual high quality patch, it would have been much cooler and worth the price they are currently being offered for. The items I have liked the most since ANS10 are the black canvas-look cards and  the shaped sketch cards (that is when the artist uses the shape and incorporates it into the sketch, rather than just a sketch that happens to be done on a shaped card). Just my opinion though.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 02:50:24 AM »
Everyone,
Brother SHOE needs the PUPSI !!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 03:19:56 AM »
Everyone,

I would go for a set if I had the funds but I need to purchase the rest of the binders and some Halloween PC's so the Cap"n Crud I scored for $19.03 will have to do. I think you need to spring for a nice frame for those once you score the Pupsi you need.  Can you post a pic of the cards you have so far together? That would be pretty cool to see.

Andrew

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 05:36:23 AM »
Everyone,

I have Ajerx...its nice hope to get more..

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »
Has anyone determined what all the patch titles are, and if any of them are short prints?  I've only seen about 8 different titles on ebay so far...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 07:20:09 AM »

I would go for a set if I had the funds but I need to purchase the rest of the binders and some Halloween PC's so the Cap"n Crud I scored for $19.03 will have to do. I think you need to spring for a nice frame for those once you score the Pupsi you need.  Can you post a pic of the cards you have so far together? That would be pretty cool to see.

Andrew

I finally snagged the Pupsi. I can post a pic once I receive it. Set completed!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 08:03:20 AM »
Has anyone determined what all the patch titles are, and if any of them are short prints?  I've only seen about 8 different titles on ebay so far...
I have placed 9 that I have seen in the Master List

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
Everyone,

I would like to have a Pupsi as well-LOL.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 10:42:41 AM »
Brother SHOE needs the PUPSI !!!

Amen to that John, I did have my 50th b-day last week-LOL.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »
I finally snagged the Pupsi. I can post a pic once I receive it. Set completed!

So what titles are in the set?  And are any of them short-printed as far as we know?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 11:27:57 AM »
So what titles are in the set?  And are any of them short-printed as far as we know?

It's in the master list section that Patrick put together.
Here is the list of Patches.

Patch Relic (Collector):

Title
Gadzooka
Kook-Aid
Quacker Oats
Ajerx
Cap'n Crud
Wormy Packages
Cram
Krazy Crackers
Pupsi

No one really knows what is supposed to be rare. A few dealers think the Pupsi is the toughie.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 02:33:08 PM »

Amen to that John, I did have my 50th b-day last week-LOL.
Brad, Give Brother SHOE the PUPSI. After all it was his birthday last week !!

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »
It's in the master list section that Patrick put together.
Here is the list of Patches.

Patch Relic (Collector):

Title
Gadzooka
Kook-Aid
Quacker Oats
Ajerx
Cap'n Crud
Wormy Packages
Cram
Krazy Crackers
Pupsi

No one really knows what is supposed to be rare. A few dealers think the Pupsi is the toughie.

These look pretty neat but I would like to see one in person. What do they feel like? Are they thick card stock with that ribbed lenticular feel? I tried to zoom in on one and cant really tell. They seem to be priced pretty high on Greed-Bay.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »
I just got my first patch in the mail yesterday.  I like it a lot, though perhaps I overpaid at just over $50, but I really wanted one.  My question now is how to display it.  It came in a large toploader, but those are pretty cheap looking and it could fall out the side/top.  Does anyone know of a good snap-tite type holder that will hold these really thick cards?  I suppose I could find one on ebay but I'd probably pay more in shipping.  Hmmm.  Maybe I can find one at a local card shop.  OK, I may have just answered my own question.  But let me know if any of you have a good way to display one (or more) of these.

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 03:05:31 PM »
These look pretty neat but I would like to see one in person. What do they feel like? Are they thick card stock with that ribbed lenticular feel? I tried to zoom in on one and cant really tell. They seem to be priced pretty high on Greed-Bay.
Hope this pic helps.
The patch relics are two pieces of foam core sandwiched between two cards and is about 3/16" thick.
the top pieces have a cutout window for the patch. The patch is cloth and glued to the lower piece of foam core in the cutout area.
Both the front and back of the card have a high-gloss colorful image.
[expando]http://i44.tinypic.com/34g3fom.jpg[/expando]

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »
I bought a Cap'n Crud on ebay for $44, and I really like it a lot. Very unique and displayable item, and I'm glad they used OS titles. I may pick up a couple more of my favs like Wormy and Cram, if I can find them at decent prices. I am thinking these would look best in some sort of picture frame.

This is definitely the highlight of ANS11. I will eventually get some base stickers, but I'm in no rush due to all the titles with GPK potty humor.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 10:31:56 PM »
I bought a Cap'n Crud on ebay for $44, and I really like it a lot. Very unique and displayable item, and I'm glad they used OS titles. I may pick up a couple more of my favs like Wormy and Cram, if I can find them at decent prices. I am thinking these would look best in some sort of picture frame.

This is definitely the highlight of ANS11. I will eventually get some base stickers, but I'm in no rush due to all the titles with GPK potty humor.

They are really nice as I said a few posts before. These are the awesome collectables from this series. Forget the odds and variations. Spend your money on the patches. You will be very happy! These are really well done! These remind me of the jersey swatch cards. Very cool.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 04:25:07 AM »
They are really nice as I said a few posts before. These are the awesome collectables from this series. Forget the odds and variations. Spend your money on the patches. You will be very happy! These are really well done! These remind me of the jersey swatch cards. Very cool.

I agree the patches are awesome. The problem now is that most of the auctions are just high buy it nows. Why should Wormy, Krazy and Kook-Aid
command $100 or more when the others run 60 to $80? I get that Pupsi looks to be the "Rare" one.  I guess its a matter of popularity of an original title also.

Andrew

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »
Here is the complete set.

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »

the pic isn't loading for me. even trying the image link at postimg.org fails to load.
is postimg having an issue?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 04:56:45 PM »
the pic isn't loading for me. even trying the image link at postimg.org fails to load.
is postimg having an issue?

Try it now. It just worked for me. When I uploaded it there was a message that they were down for maintenance but the image still uploaded.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »

Very cool pic. Brad, Thank you for posting this and congrats on getting a set of these.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 05:40:04 PM »

Very cool pic. Brad, Thank you for posting this and congrats on getting a set of these.

Thanks! I still think they are the coolest inserts in a long time. I also like the die-cuts. I don't care about the backs and rarely ever look at them. I wish they would keep them all blank.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 03:43:27 AM »
Hope this pic helps.
The patch relics are two pieces of foam core sandwiched between two cards and is about 3/16" thick.
the top pieces have a cutout window for the patch. The patch is cloth and glued to the lower piece of foam core in the cutout area.
Both the front and back of the card have a high-gloss colorful image.
[expando]http://i44.tinypic.com/34g3fom.jpg[/expando]

Very nice description! Thank you that's perfect! So if a person wanted to they could remove the patch? I assume its temporarily glued down? Im not saying I would take it out Im just wanting to understand what Im getting if I am able to afford one. These do look to be a very cool ANS item for sure.

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 06:48:50 AM »
Very nice description! Thank you that's perfect! So if a person wanted to they could remove the patch? I assume its temporarily glued down? Im not saying I would take it out Im just wanting to understand what Im getting if I am able to afford one. These do look to be a very cool ANS item for sure.
I haven't picked at a patch, but they seem strongly glued down. I think you'd end up with serious damage to the card if you tried to remove it.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 09:36:11 AM »
I was kinda hoping the patch would be removable, so I could take it out and examine the detail, texture, etc. But it is really glued down good. I guess it was just meant to be displayed, not handled.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »
I was kinda hoping the patch would be removable, so I could take it out and examine the detail, texture, etc. But it is really glued down good. I guess it was just meant to be displayed, not handled.

I would think of it more like a jersey swatch card. The fabric is not meant to be removed.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 11:48:27 AM »
I would think of it more like a jersey swatch card. The fabric is not meant to be removed.

Ok that's exactly the impression I got from the pictures. Thanks for clarifying that. It would be extremely cool If they came out with patches like the original ones. Then again I have always been partial to the "odd" collectibles....trinkets, patches, cans, stuff like that.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 07:22:49 PM »
Ok that's exactly the impression I got from the pictures. Thanks for clarifying that. It would be extremely cool If they came out with patches like the original ones. Then again I have always been partial to the "odd" collectibles....trinkets, patches, cans, stuff like that.

I was kind of hoping also but these are really nice. It's the best part of ANS11. If I could just have the patches and nothing else I would be happy. I do like the cloth stickers also although they seem to feel a bit different than ANS10. Maybe it's just me. I would actually like a repo original series one cloth set inserts. That would be really cool!

Those are the kind of things I associate with a collectors series of these ANS boxes. These should include a bunch of original series nostalgia.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:24:20 PM by BumChex »

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »

These are really neat....thanks for posting a picture of them.  Unfortunately, your scan is only thing that will go in my collection as these are just way too expensive.  I might could go 50 bucks for the whole set...some of us just don't have the expendable money you have, bro.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 11:33:47 PM »
These are really neat....thanks for posting a picture of them.  Unfortunately, your scan is only thing that will go in my collection as these are just way too expensive.  I might could go 50 bucks for the whole set...some of us just don't have the expendable money you have, bro.

I don't have the expendable money as you think. Maybe its a great mystery. I don't have any more money than you guys do. If Clint and Cardgary can make a living why can't you with just a hobby? You can and it's really simple.

Also, $50 is totally unreasonable. You would be lucky to pay that for one card although some have gone cheaper. I pulled 3 in 12 cases so they are not easy to pull. You say I would pay $50 for a set, well, everyone would!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:38:53 PM by BumChex »

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 11:20:27 AM »
Also, $50 is totally unreasonable. You would be lucky to pay that for one card although some have gone cheaper. I pulled 3 in 12 cases so they are not easy to pull. You say I would pay $50 for a set, well, everyone would!

You just made my case against these "manufactured rare" items.  The whole philosophy sucks.  Topps is helping out the top 1% while leaving the 99% out in the cold.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »

Offline WackyFrank

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »
How are people displaying these?
Does anyone know of a screwdown that would fit these?
They are about as think as 5 or 6 cards.

anything