Author Topic: Joe G.  (Read 50746 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Joe G.
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »
Joe, Is this one of your 50th Anniv. shaped sketches?  Looks like your style and color palette (as if I know what I'm talking about). I saw it on eBay today.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »
Scot, it is one of mine and also one of my gags!  Here's a pic of the other shaped sketch and gag that I did. 

Ps.  Scot, you totally have an eye for picking these out.  This card is my style and you're right, I tend to be very consistent with my color palette as well!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 05:02:17 PM by Joe G. »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »
Scott, it is one of mine and also one of my gags!  Here's a pic of the other shaped sketch and gag that I did. 

Ps.  Scot, you totally have an eye for picking these out.  This card is my style and you're right, I tend to be very consistent with my color palette as well!

Both are very cool. Dare I say I like your Pik-Nits a lot more than the artwork used (not yours) for the 2015 series. I remember reading that you mentioned all the sketches you did for the 50th set were your gags.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »
Scot, thanks! The Pik-Nits sketch also has my original gag line which Topps changed. OK, now that you've reminded me, there are still more of my 50th sketches I never posted so here's another batch!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2020, 10:17:15 AM »
OK, so as part of the Holiday Treat from years past we had incorporated little Holiday gifts in the form of custom toys.  In 2015 it was a Bego building set and the following year was a My Little Bony figure.  2017/2018 was the year I did Gross Card Con and also the year my son started his own custom toy business.  Well that year the toys were kinda fancy and we sold them at GCC.  This year my son Josh (on instagram his toy line is @joshuastoybox, please follow his exploits if your on IG) cast up some mini football games for Paul Harris.  Paul then detailed them as a Furball Toys. We made about 20 and they were given out as a thank you to the artists who gave their time and talents to make the Holiday Treat mega postcard set a reality.  So I thought it would be fun to do a group pic of all these Holiday Toys!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2020, 03:05:55 PM »
Wow, really cool to see all those together! Quite the collection.

for my Bego figure, I keep him in one of those 10-card plastic cases, so I never lose any pieces accidentally.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2020, 03:13:40 PM »
Patrick, great idea!  Cool way to keep the toy safe and sound.  I assume you also have the instruction card in the same box.  When I sent the sets out Dave Gross told me his kids loved it and wanted to build a shanty from spare Lego pieces to go with it.  I wonder if he ever got around to doing it.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2020, 04:36:39 PM »
Patrick, great idea!  Cool way to keep the toy safe and sound.  I assume you also have the instruction card in the same box.  When I sent the sets out Dave Gross told me his kids loved it and wanted to build a shanty from spare Lego pieces to go with it.  I wonder if he ever got around to doing it.
yep, the instructions card is under the black foam piece, so it's viewable from the backside of the case, but not viewable in the photo.

anything