Author Topic: Base sets A and B (I found a "C")  (Read 19896 times)

Offline jleonard1967

Base sets A and B (I found a "C")
« on: September 30, 2013, 04:07:37 AM »
While sorting my base sets, about 3500 cards.  I found (2) "C" back variations.  Out of 62 sets of 110 cards I have 2 cards that do not have either puzzle as their corresponding other cards do.  I only found 2 of these out of 3500 cards searched.  Is there a set of really rare "C" back variations, or are they printing errors.  If anyone knows please post here. 

Offline HENRY.R

Re: Base sets A and B (I found a "C")
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:24:17 AM »
Just wandering,what exactly is on the cards you say might be "C" cards. ;) ;)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:42:06 AM »
While sorting my base sets, about 3500 cards.  I found (2) "C" back variations.  Out of 62 sets of 110 cards I have 2 cards that do not have either puzzle as their corresponding other cards do.  I only found 2 of these out of 3500 cards searched.  Is there a set of really rare "C" back variations, or are they printing errors.  If anyone knows please post here.  

Are the backs upside down?  That's happened before, where a sheet mistakenly gets fed into the machine backwards.......

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 05:12:31 AM »
While sorting my base sets, about 3500 cards.  I found (2) "C" back variations.  Out of 62 sets of 110 cards I have 2 cards that do not have either puzzle as their corresponding other cards do.  I only found 2 of these out of 3500 cards searched.  Is there a set of really rare "C" back variations, or are they printing errors.  If anyone knows please post here. 
topps made unannounced rare 'C' variation cards in the last GPK set. really irked people. For the GPKs, I think it was only a small portion of the set, maybe 20, that had C versions. Of course, those were clearly labeled
So what's on the backs of these? a different puzzle entirely?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:25:34 AM »
topps made unannounced rare 'C' variation cards in the last GPK set. really irked people. For the GPKs, I think it was only a small portion of the set, maybe 20, that had C versions. Of course, those were clearly labeled
So what's on the backs of these? a different puzzle entirely?

And here I was, hoping it was just an innocent printing error................

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 05:29:53 AM »
And here I was, hoping it was just an innocent printing error................
I really hope that's the case, as this could be the last straw for a lot of folks. but topps seems to be variation happy these days

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 05:36:36 AM »
I really hope that's the case, as this could be the last straw for a lot of folks. but topps seems to be variation happy these days

If there are any completely new backs, I'm going to be more than just irked.   >:D >:D

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »

going to check my backs??

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
going to check my backs??

I haven't even started to sort base cards. I'm dreading it....

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »

Please scan the back and let us know what the numbers are on the front.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »
I haven't even started to sort base cards. I'm dreading it....

I'll do it...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »
It is not a printing error variation.  It is a totally different picture.  I don't get home until 11pm.  I will scan it in later.  It is not a puzzle piece, if I remember right it was one of the billboards. 

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »
It is not a printing error variation.  It is a totally different picture.  I don't get home until 11pm.  I will scan it in later.  It is not a puzzle piece, if I remember right it was one of the billboards.  

Titles 49 through 54 have the billboards on the back for one back variation and have the light blue bordered puzzle pieces on the other back variation. Are you seeing titles other than 49 through 54 with billboards on the back?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 01:50:30 PM »
OH Brother!  I am SO glad i am not involved in this crap!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
Titles 49 through 54 have the billboards on the back for one back variation and have the light blue bordered puzzle pieces on the other back variation. Are you seeing titles other than 49 through 54 with billboards on the back?
Yup.  Trust me after sorting 3500 cards I can see the pile of 26 "a" cards the pile of 30 "b" cards and the lone "c" card variation.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 03:36:02 PM »
Yup.  Trust me after sorting 3500 cards I can see the pile of 26 "a" cards the pile of 30 "b" cards and the lone "c" card variation.

You're lucky to be able to see straight at all!

Could you post pics of these different cards?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »

Is the front the same for the 'C' variation...HaHa :] :]

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 03:48:17 PM »

What title(s) have you found that have the oddball back variation(s)?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 03:48:23 PM »
Is the front the same for the 'C' variation...HaHa :] :]

At least with GPK they put the letter designation after the card number.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »

These are the two cards that have "c" backs

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »
both of the other backs of these cards are parts to a puzzle.

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 04:32:38 PM »

ahhh! the elusive 'upside down' variation   ;)

I can only joke around, as I still don't have my cards. UPS keeps screwing around with me. I asked for 'after 5pm' delivery for today, so of course they showed up before 5pm and left a notice saying no one was available. egads.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 05:16:24 PM »

If you look at the #19 correctly, then turn it over, is the Tombstones on the back upside down, or is the back printed correctly in comparison to the front?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 05:34:02 PM »

After reading all these posts, For right now I'm content with a random set of 55.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »
If you look at the #19 correctly, then turn it over, is the Tombstones on the back upside down, or is the back printed correctly in comparison to the front?
They are both printed correct, I am not the best when it comes to transferring pictures.  (upside down picture)  the main point is the back is not one of the puzzle pieces.  it is a totally different design.  Or a "C" back

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 07:09:08 PM »
They are both printed correct, I am not the best when it comes to transferring pictures.  (upside down picture)  the main point is the back is not one of the puzzle pieces.  it is a totally different design.  Or a "C" back

Did you get it from a collectors case or a hobby case or you're not sure?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »

In Window’s Photo Viewer, the two buttons next to the X rotate an image, and if you open an image in Microsoft Paint, the rotate image button is at the top left  :-)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 08:27:48 PM »
In Window’s Photo Viewer, the two buttons next to the X rotate an image, and if you open an image in Microsoft Paint, the rotate image button is at the top left  :-)

(Image removed from quote.)

Maybe get a real computer? A Mac! :great:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:54:34 PM by BumChex »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 01:41:39 AM »
ahhh! the elusive 'upside down' variation   ;)

I can only joke around, as I still don't have my cards. UPS keeps screwing around with me. I asked for 'after 5pm' delivery for today, so of course they showed up before 5pm and left a notice saying no one was available. egads.

How maddening!!  Maybe you should ask to pick them up at the depot?

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 02:54:08 AM »

Okay, I am confused!!!   :confused2: :confused3:

Since when did Topps start doing "A" and "B" cards for Wackys anyway?  Have I been building mixed sets for me and for people I have sold sets to?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 04:10:37 AM »
Okay, I am confused!!!   :confused2: :confused3:

Since when did Topps start doing "A" and "B" cards for Wackys anyway?  Have I been building mixed sets for me and for people I have sold sets to?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

This was the first (and hopefully LAST!) deliberate Wacky ANS series with A and B versions.  And, Topps didn't even bother to number them that way, like they do for GPK.  If you want one of every back, you need 109 cards, since both 'sets' contain a checklist.  If you just compile 1-55 sets of these, you could omit a checklist, and you will likely have partial puzzles, which may very well upset customers.  Because of this, I am debating whether to even assemble sets for sale like I always do.

ANS5 had different back versions, but that was a printing error, with the backs accidentally printed upside down.  The 27 cards with puzzle backs always had the same puzzle back, but the 28 other cards with ad and checklist backs varied.  It was even possible to build a set of 1-55 with one of every different back, but it was a challenge.  Anyway, if you were building sets, every set would have all the puzzle pieces, and an assortment of ad backs.  It was also possible to compile a set that was missing a checklist, which I always avoided.

note - edited to correct an error about checklists both being card 55
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:27:16 AM by RawGoo »

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 05:40:41 AM »
How maddening!!  Maybe you should ask to pick them up at the depot?
I tried. the depot is a mile away, so I drove over. but the driver was still out on rounds so I couldn't pick it up and he wouldn't get back until after the depot customer counter closed. they contacted the driver, who said he'd stop by again last night, but he never did.
Things might finally work out today though - the government shutdown has a Wacky upside as I'll be home all day!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 08:36:55 AM »
Did you get it from a collectors case or a hobby case or you're not sure?
I mixed them both together so I can not tell which it came from good point though.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »
In Window’s Photo Viewer, the two buttons next to the X rotate an image, and if you open an image in Microsoft Paint, the rotate image button is at the top left  :-)

(Image removed from quote.)

these were taken with my iphone

anything