Author Topic: Rare Wacky Patch  (Read 12371 times)

Offline jleonard1967

Rare Wacky Patch
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:45 AM »
Going thru the Odds on the package of Wacky Collectors Packs.  I see the odds for a patch card are high but the odds for a Rare wacky patch card are even higher.  My question is what is the RARE wacky patch?  Does anyone have any info on this. 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Rare Wacky Patch
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »
Going thru the Odds on the package of Wacky Collectors Packs.  I see the odds for a patch card are high but the odds for a Rare wacky patch card are even higher.  My question is what is the RARE wacky patch?  Does anyone have any info on this.  

My guess is that they're referring to the cloth patches from 1973. Maybe they're a buyback item?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 05:10:27 AM »
My guess is that they're referring to the cloth patches from 1973. Maybe they're a buyback item?

Given the $349.99 asking price for the Pupsi Patch Card on Ebay I think the seller feels he has found the Rare Patch.

Andrew

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 09:58:12 AM »
Given the $349.99 asking price for the Pupsi Patch Card on Ebay I think the seller feels he has found the Rare Patch.
or, he's just a greedy sumbitch.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »

I was lucky to win a Capn Crud Patch on Thurs Night for $19.03.  It was not listed under ANS11 so many may have missed it.
I don't plan on buying any other patches. I just wanted one example of these for my collection.  Pretty happy with the price.
On the other hand, I purchased a full srt of 3 Lost Wackys for $95 shipping included on Thurs night after I did not pull a Lost
Wacky out of the four Collector boxes I purchased.  Now it looks like the Lost Wackys may sell for below what I paid this time
around.  So pretty cool to at least get a deal on the patch.

Andrew

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »
I concur with you.  There has to be a way we can tell which is the rare Patch card.  (I don't think price of some delusional seller qualifies as a conformation) :D

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »
I concur with you.  There has to be a way we can tell which is the rare Patch card.  (I don't think price of some delusional seller qualifies as a conformation) :D
how about two delusional sellers?
 cardgarys and Clint have them up, Both claim 1 per 30 cases.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 03:08:59 AM »
Remember the "Rare" erasers that came out. There were two marked "rare" on the checklist that came with the erasers. They did not turn out to be that "rare".  I guess we need a printed checklist for the patches. That might provide a clue as to which one is rare.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 03:41:58 AM »
Remember the "Rare" erasers that came out. There were two marked "rare" on the checklist that came with the erasers. They did not turn out to be that "rare".  I guess we need a printed checklist for the patches. That might provide a clue as to which one is rare.

But in this case, didn't the wrapper state the odds for the rare patch as 1 per 30 cases?  That seems pretty rare to me, and the two sellers here have both likely opened enough cases to figure out which one is the short print.  I'm afraid Topps jumped the shark with the variations and rarities in this set.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 04:00:14 AM »
Do you think that Topps would have a checklist available, that would state the odds?

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 05:15:28 AM »
Do you think that Topps would have a checklist available, that would state the odds?
The wrapper odds are the closest you'll get to that. They cover most items, but aren't complete.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 07:49:13 AM »
I don't think anyone knows what the rare patches are. I sure don't think they are a 1:30 case ratio either. I think the wrapper states 1:900 packs for a rare patch. That's not that rare. If they think the Pupsi is so rare why not sell it for $999 like Gary did with the rare red ludlow gold lost wacky? A lot more will show up. People are just getting their stuff.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 09:00:16 AM »
I don't think anyone knows what the rare patches are. I sure don't think they are a 1:30 case ratio either. I think the wrapper states 1:900 packs for a rare patch. That's not that rare. If they think the Pupsi is so rare why not sell it for $999 like Gary did with the rare red ludlow gold lost wacky? A lot more will show up. People are just getting their stuff.

1 in 900 packs is approximately 1 in every 11 cases. Where are these guys getting 1 in every 30 cases? My Guess is cardgarys did gary math and Clint didn't double check the math. I think if you look at all patch auctions on ebay it will show which ones are rarer than the others. The numbers will be skewed though because Gary and Clint likely haven't listed every patch that they've pulled. This sure is by far the most complicated series.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 09:06:06 AM »
But in this case, didn't the wrapper state the odds for the rare patch as 1 per 30 cases?  That seems pretty rare to me, and the two sellers here have both likely opened enough cases to figure out which one is the short print.  I'm afraid Topps jumped the shark with the variations and rarities in this set.

They certainly did jump the shark. Golds are regularly selling below $50 already and this is significantly lower than what golds sold for at first for past series. Everything is selling on ebay at much lower prices this time around. I seriously think ANS12 will flop badly and be the last Wacky series for a long time. Maybe with the vulgar direction they are taking it that is a good thing?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »
1 in 900 packs is approximately 1 in every 11 cases. Where are these guys getting 1 in every 30 cases? My Guess is cardgarys did gary math and Clint didn't double check the math. I think if you look at all patch auctions on ebay it will show which ones are rarer than the others. The numbers will be skewed though because Gary and Clint likely haven't listed every patch that they've pulled. This sure is by far the most complicated series.

...and knowone can challenge their "rare" status - its only based on their findings...I pulled on patch from one case so I would think the patches are NOT that rare?? go figure...they have mine listed as RARE...should i sell??

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 09:11:33 AM »
They certainly did jump the shark. Golds are regularly selling below $50 already and this is significantly lower than what golds sold for at first for past series. Everything is selling on ebay at much lower prices this time around. I seriously think ANS12 will flop badly and be the last Wacky series for a long time. Maybe with the vulgar direction they are taking it that is a good thing?

that's what I am thinking/seeing and I couldn't agree more....love the "vulgar direction" add: "dispicable variations"  :] :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 10:11:20 AM »
With collector cases it's just not that hard to pull golds like it used to be.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »
With collector cases it's just not that hard to pull golds like it used to be.

I know, but regardless of that, I sold around 10 ANS10 golds for $70-$90 a piece, and guys like clint and gary were getting some to sell for $120 or more for a few of them. We're not seeing anything remotely like that with this series. Dealers like clint, gary and snoopy are likely to actually lose money on this series.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »
love the "vulgar direction" add: "dispicable variations"  :] :]

Some how that doesn't surprise me, but you're one of the few that feels that way, outside of obnoxious 12 year old boys.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »
I know, but regardless of that, I sold around 10 ANS10 golds for $70-$90 a piece, and guys like clint and gary were getting some to sell for $120 or more for a few of them. We're not seeing anything remotely like that with this series. Dealers like clint, gary and snoopy are likely to actually lose money on this series.

you can definitely assume that given the sales on ebay...the frenzy is over?? can you say dilusion.... :P :P
who is going to absorb the $999 Lost Wacky RED LUD GOLD?? too rich for my blood.... >:D

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
With the plethora of Wacky Items in this series, I think that is hurting the resale of this series.  I've already purchased Black ludlows in bulk for under 5 per card.  I am sure golds will go to 10-20 soon.  I haven't seen too many cloths, however I feel they will easily drift below 10.00.  The Patch series which I really want is the only thing I can not find a checklist for.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 12:57:05 PM »
With the plethora of Wacky Items in this series, I think that is hurting the resale of this series.  I've already purchased Black ludlows in bulk for under 5 per card.  I am sure golds will go to 10-20 soon.  I haven't seen too many cloths, however I feel they will easily drift below 10.00.  The Patch series which I really want is the only thing I can not find a checklist for.

Patrick updated the master list and I think there are only 9 total. Topps likes to use 9 cards for these subsets so I'm sure that is what it is.

Title
Gadzooka
Kook-Aid
Quacker Oats
Ajerx
Cap'n Crud
Wormy Packages
Cram
Krazy Crackers
Pupsi

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 01:32:23 PM »

I agree Wacky Retail Releases jumped the shark this time around. Nothing is selling for anywhere near what it did last time around. I am saving
funds for Binders and Halloween Postcards. I would venture to guess many others are in the same boat. Just to get the next Binder release and 3 sets of limited postcards you need close to $300.

Andrew

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 02:14:50 PM »
I agree Wacky Retail Releases jumped the shark this time around. Nothing is selling for anywhere near what it did last time around. I am saving
funds for Binders and Halloween Postcards. I would venture to guess many others are in the same boat. Just to get the next Binder release and 3 sets of limited postcards you need close to $300.

Andrew

Isn't it closer to $450-$500?  The binders are $260 +  and with the way the price of postcard sets are
 rising, may be close to $75 a set + no free shipping. Is so sad this has happened. It was so much fun looking for Wackys in the wild. Putting together reasonable sets/subsets. Just looking at all the confusion on here about the way ANS is going about putting their fingers in your pockets for swill is amazing. I guess there were many straws that broke my back, but ANS 8 was one of them. At last years show i had 100 base sets, i tried selling them for $0.10 apiece. 100 sets for $10 dollars. NO ONE WANTED THEM. i couldn't give them away. It really opened my eyes as to what i was doing and the money i was wasting. I had hit rock bottom when it took 30+ days for my R.E. Birds edition PC's to get here. I felt like i was rummaging in an ashtry looking for a smokeable butt.

Counseling sessions beginning in Dec. I'm starting a round table on kicking the Wacky addiction.

Hi, my name is Jim and I am a Wackaholic.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:12:27 PM by lucidjc »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
Isn't it closer to $450-$500?  The binders are $260 +  and with the way the price of postcard sets is rising, may be close to $75 a set + no free shipping. Is so sad this has happened. It was so much fun looking for Wackys in the wild. Putting together reasonable sets/subsets. Just looking at all the confusion on here about the way ANS is going about putting their fingers in your pockets for swill is amazing. I guess there were many straws that broke my back, but ANS 8 was one of them. At last years show i had 100 base sets, i tried selling them for $0.10 apiece. 100 sets for $10 dollars. NO ONE WANTED THEM. i couldn't give them away. It really opened my eyes as to what i was doing and the money i was wasting. I had hit rock bottom when it took 30+ days for my R.E. Birds edition PC's to get here. I felt like i was rummaging in an ashtry looking for a smokeable butt.

Counseling sessions beginning in Dec. I'm starting a round table on kicking the Wacky addiction.

Once you have the cards in your collection then it's all swill after that. I don't even want someone giving me 1000 ANS7 base cards. I just found a few boxes of sorted flashback sets. I'm about ready to throw them out. The only thing stopping me is I spent all that time sorting...LOL

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 03:31:16 PM »
Isn't it closer to $450-$500?  The binders are $260 +  and with the way the price of postcard sets is rising, may be close to $75 a set + no free shipping. Is so sad this has happened. It was so much fun looking for Wackys in the wild. Putting together reasonable sets/subsets. Just looking at all the confusion on here about the way ANS is going about putting their fingers in your pockets for swill is amazing. I guess there were many straws that broke my back, but ANS 8 was one of them. At last years show i had 100 base sets, i tried selling them for $0.10 apiece. 100 sets for $10 dollars. NO ONE WANTED THEM. i couldn't give them away. It really opened my eyes as to what i was doing and the money i was wasting. I had hit rock bottom when it took 30+ days for my R.E. Birds edition PC's to get here. I felt like i was rummaging in an ashtry looking for a smokeable butt.

Flea markets are where I can sell them for 5.00 to 7.00 per set.  (it is sort of the check out mentality with them). 

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »
Patrick updated the master list and I think there are only 9 total. Topps likes to use 9 cards for these subsets so I'm sure that is what it is.

Title
Gadzooka
Kook-Aid
Quacker Oats
Ajerx
Cap'n Crud
Wormy Packages
Cram
Krazy Crackers
Pupsi
Brad thanks for letting me know the list that was found.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

The jury is still out on the Pupsi as being the rare patch. I don't know if I really believe it yet. More will show up. Who knows? Maybe the Ajerx or Capn Crud are the rare patch? We have no idea.

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »
there is no 'official' list from topps. I'm just writing down what I've seen on ebay

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
there is no 'official' list from topps. I'm just writing down what I've seen on ebay

And, Topps has routinely ignored collector requests to keep subsets to 9 cards so that they fit into a page, and issued 10 card subsets.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »

Funny (and sad)! Best be very clear when advertising the Wacky addiction counseling sessions. Might get some Whackaholics showing up by mistake.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 06:06:41 PM »
Funny (and sad)! Best be very clear when advertising the Wacky addiction counseling sessions. Might get some Whackaholics showing up by mistake.

I think the "Whackaholics" call it a sex addiction as not to be confused with US, WACKAHOLICS!   Go ahead Sushi, say it. It feels good.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »

I think some sellers are delusional (see, spell check does work. I totally spelled it wrong..LOL). I think Cardgary gets it. He will try to sell stuff high and if it doesn't sell he will, generally, lower his price or offer it for auction. He's playing the odds someone might jump on it right away. It rarely ever happens but there are times it does. What drives me crazy is the same seller selling the same thing over and over. Sometimes over the course of a couple years. I think if you have a year of exposure all of your potential buyers have moved on but they don't get it. It's almost like the collecting mentality, why do we collect but hate to let go? These sellers could be saying to themselves 'if I get this price I will sell, otherwise I will hold on to it'. My thing is if I decide to sell I want it to sell and fast. I don't want to piss around.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
Received my Capn Crud Patch Card today.  VERY cool card. It has a foamboard look to it. Twice as thick as a regular card.

Basically a mini - art piece.  Like a tiny windowbox with a mini patch in it.  Glad to own one. These cards are the bright spot in ANS11.

Andrew

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »
opened my 9 boxes and got lucky in pulling two patches! really wanted a Wormy, and that's the first one I got. Also have the Quacker. both are nice.