Author Topic: My prediction for subsets if Wacky Packages ANS12 is green lighted for 2014  (Read 3092 times)

Offline dth1971

Here is my prediction for the subsets if a 12th. All New Series of Wacky Packages is green lighted for early 2014 release (Around the time of the 10th. anniversary of the relaunch of Wacky Packages in All New Series):
a) Another Rude Food menu subset (This time could include Wacky Packages style menus of these restaurant chains spoofed: IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Hooters, Tilted Kilt, Perkins, Denny's, Famous Dave's, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Bahama Breeze - Those would be my guesses)
b) A subset spoofing comic book covers - My guesses would be: Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League of America, The Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four, Archie, Sonic the Hedgehog, Star Wars, Peanuts, and Adventure Time. (Sorry, Spider-Man and Superman, you had your own Wacky Packages ANS comic spoofs in the past - Spitter-Man and Superham, respectively!)

Offline Zim999

I hope they have more then 55 cards in this series and have 80, since the all new series 6 set had 80 cards I was thinking every 6 series they should have 80 cards. Just to make things even and fair.
What do you guys think?

Offline Slaytex99

I hope they have more then 55 cards in this series and have 80, since the all new series 6 set had 80 cards I was thinking every 6 series they should have 80 cards. Just to make things even and fair.
What do you guys think?

They're having a hard enough time putting out 55 quality titles without a lot of duds, so let's not push them harder  :]

Offline Zim999

They're having a hard enough time putting out 55 quality titles without a lot of duds, so let's not push them harder  :]

Well just a guess, cause they just can't have one set with 80 cards.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!

Tru Dat!! so True

Offline vahsurfer

I would like to personally see:

- Base Set of Quality Titles (qty TBD)
- Bonus Set (9)
- 1 Puzzle (like the old days)
- Color and B/W Sketch Cards - Shaped LIKE the products!!!! - Die Cut with no border
- Lenticular Cards (Set of 9)

SIMPLE!

NOT 398,272,119 DIFFERENT Variations - REMEMBER the reason we all loved these to begin with! It was the parodies and humor - NOT one shade of every freaking card to please everyone.

Let the series be judged by it's humor and artistic creativity - NOT greedy Topps Peeps

P.S.  They even opened up late for there very own Midnight Madness sale - LMBO!

Offline havok77

the same thing is happening with garbage pail kids , there are more duds then good ones . topps is rushing these things . what percentage of seriess 11 are duds .... would like to know before i buy . what is the general reaction for series 11

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator

P.S.  They even opened up late for there very own Midnight Madness sale - LMBO!
cuz that's what WE, the collectors, have asked for and wanted them to do.
late night sales are easier for a lot of collectors, as they don't have to haunt the topps website during 9to5 working hours

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
cuz that's what WE, the collectors, have asked for and wanted them to do.
late night sales are easier for a lot of collectors, as they don't have to haunt the topps website during 9to5 working hours

I agree - a special Wacky gathering at midnight is fun, and is also better than something in the middle of the day when some people are totally shut out because of work obligations.  I am grateful to Neil and whoever else at Topps made the Midnight Madness sale available!!

Offline Slaytex99

the same thing is happening with garbage pail kids , there are more duds then good ones . topps is rushing these things . what percentage of seriess 11 are duds .... would like to know before i buy . what is the general reaction for series 11

Well that is a very subjective thing, but out of 55 cards base cards I didn't care for over half of them.

I don't like dvd and video game gags in the main set (ok for subsets), there are a 4 or 5 girl toy's parodies which I think is too much, there are a lot of bathroom gags and some downright boring drawings (like papa cons).  Just overall not my favorite set.  The cereal gags just didn't do it for me this time.  Some of the sticker art looks rushed.

This is just my opinion though, others will say differently. 

anything