Author Topic: ANS11 Master Checklist  (Read 57075 times)

Offline Kook

Re: ANS11 Master Checklist
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2013, 06:39:02 AM »
Patrick, Are you planning to add the list of known sketch artists to your master list? It seems to be the only thing missing. Also, what about listing the available sketch shapes? Thanks.

Patrick, Unless, I missed it, I haven't seen a list of sketch card artists yet. Here are the ones I have seen so far (16)...

Brower, Jason
Camera, Neil
Comes, Ron
Engstrom, Brent
Gambino, Joe
Graham, Dustin
Gross, David
Grossberg, Joe (Joe G.)
Kirscht, Matthew
Parisi, Mark
Pingatore, Mark
Simko, Joe
Smokin' Joe
Taylor, Strephon
Wheaton, Fred
Zapata, Jeff

Apparently, Joes are abundant amongst parody artists. I don't recall Ron Comes, Joe Grossberg, and Dustin Graham doing sketches before. I am impressed with the titles I have seen by all three... very nice.  

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2013, 06:44:01 AM »
Patrick, Are you planning to add the list of known sketch artists to your master list? It seems to be the only thing missing. Also, what about listing the available sketch shapes? Thanks.

which sketches seemed to be the most sought after in terms of ebay sales and rarity or sketch excellence...

I know smokin' joe and brent seem high on the list...for ans11 at least

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
which sketches seemed to be the most sought after in terms of ebay sales and rarity or sketch excellence...

I know smokin' joe and brent seem high on the list...for ans11 at least

Let me preface by saying this is all just my opinion, for what it is worth...

From what I have seen, you have it... Smokin' Joe sketches are definitely going for the most and are not abundant on ebay. His ANS11 sketches are very detailed. Joe Simko has some really nice high-end color items but at the other end of the spectrum, some of his black and white shaped sketches are very plain for this release and almost looked rushed. These are going for fairly low prices. Dustin Graham, Joe Grossberg and Ron Comes (who I believe are all relatively new at Wacky sketches, at least in large numbers) have all provided very nice work, in my opinion. I have only seen color sketches by Ron Comes so they are fetching higher prices. I think Dustin, Joe and Ron have contributed to Wackies in the past, in one way or another but if you consider them "newbies" at providing a large numbers of sketches for a WP release, I will go out on a limb and say this is the strongest "freshman class" ever.  I am also only seeing color sketches by Strephon Taylor. All of his I have seen are like a miniature paintings of the original WP. Simple but very nice. I tend to see more sketches for ANS11 from Neil Camera, Brent Engstrom, Jason Brower, Mark Parisi, Sam Gambino, Mark Pingatore, and Matthew Kirscht then I do for Jeff Zapata, Fred Wheaton, and David Gross... all who have done their usual very nice work as we have come to expect. I am seeing more David Gross sketches than what I have in the past releases. Again, just my opinion, but I thing Sam Gambino has stepped up his game in this release and I see a lot of his sketches I really like.

I know the artists all have differing styles and we collectors all have differing tastes (viva la difference) but I really think this is one of, if not the strongest batch of sketches for any of the ANS releases since the sketch cards were introduced. I know I am seeing a lot more I wish I had the funds to purchase.  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:19:05 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »
just a few more artists to go, if anyone can help?

1 Prey-doh
3 DeepEnds
4 Preparation Ape
53 Little Seizures

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »
Has anyone heard whether there will be mini-cereal boxes released for ANS11? Just wondering if its time to put a fork in this release.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
Has anyone heard whether there will be mini-cereal boxes released for ANS11? Just wondering if its time to put a fork in this release.

i thought someone mentioned it before - but i haven't heard or seen anything!!

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2013, 03:27:11 PM »
i thought someone mentioned it before - but i haven't heard or seen anything!!
I mentioned it as I had seen it over on the Cardboard Connection site. they even have a checklist of titles. but there's been nothing with the topps online site

Cereal Box Bonus Stickers Set Checklist
Featuring 9 cards
Topps Online Store Exclusive
C1 Asparagus Jacks
C2 Blazin' Bran
C3 Klix
C4 Alpha Bats
C5 Trux
C6 Fiber Won
C7 Lucky Germs
C8 Flustered Flakes
C9 Special DK

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2013, 04:19:30 PM »
I mentioned it as I had seen it over on the Cardboard Connection site. they even have a checklist of titles. but there's been nothing with the topps online site

Featuring 9 cards
C1 Asparagus Jacks
C2 Blazin' Bran
C3 Klix
C4 Alpha Bats
C5 Trux
C6 Fiber Won
C7 Lucky Germs
C8 Flustered Flakes
C9 Special DK

Thanks Patrick, I must have missed the original post (slowly pulling fork away from ANS11). I think for ANS10, the cereal boxes followed several months after the original release. Not sure why Topps chooses to release them that way.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2013, 05:19:53 AM »
It occurs to me that the ANS sketches do not identify which series they come from.  Perhaps the master lists could be updated to indicate the border colors?

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
It occurs to me that the ANS sketches do not identify which series they come from.  Perhaps the master lists could be updated to indicate the border colors?
I can add that. although looking at my shaped sketch, I see there is no border color on those. may have to do both a front and back description or something.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2013, 09:54:34 PM »
I can add that. although looking at my shaped sketch, I see there is no border color on those. may have to do both a front and back description or something.

I really don't think you need to add sketch cards as they really don't represent the series. They are all one offs.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2013, 04:26:35 AM »
I really don't think you need to add sketch cards as they really don't represent the series. They are all one offs.

I think it would help people identify random sketches they pick up over time.  Yellow border/back = ANS11, etc.  I'm still confused by ANS10 - do the regular ones have green borders and backs but the shaped ones have blue backs??

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2013, 05:07:48 AM »
totally. I wouldn't put anything about the sketches themselves, just the card stock that was used.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »
I think it would help people identify random sketches they pick up over time.  Yellow border/back = ANS11, etc.  I'm still confused by ANS10 - do the regular ones have green borders and backs but the shaped ones have blue backs??

You are correct on ANS10 sketches.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2013, 04:13:24 AM »
You are correct on ANS10 sketches.

Makes me wonder whether Topps was planning on inserting shaped sketches in ANS9, and then used already printed up blue backed stock for ANS10.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »
Makes me wonder whether Topps was planning on inserting shaped sketches in ANS9, and then used already printed up blue backed stock for ANS10.

Neil would know the answer to that question.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »
Neil would know the answer to that question.

Nope, I'm just an artist ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »
Nope, I'm just an artist ;)

You sneaky guy. I don't know if you can use that excuse in this instance because you would have received the blanks before ANS9 so you would know if Topps told you to halt the shaped sketches for ANS9.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »
You sneaky guy. I don't know if you can use that excuse in this instance because you would have received the blanks before ANS9 so you would know if Topps told you to halt the shaped sketches for ANS9.

I wish I were sneaky, then I could get away with lots of things  >:D I guess I'm just too darn nice :angel7:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:05:05 PM by koduck »

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2013, 12:58:45 PM »
artist autographs now complete! thanks to the toppsvault art auctions

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2014, 09:58:45 AM »
Totally agree and couldn't of said it any better than Brad already did:

What Wacky collector would have ever thought this day would come? We were so happy just to have Wacky's again and never thought Topps would do something this outrageous to actually start offending the collector.

BTW, did anyone notice that there were no dealer sheets to collect on this ANS 11 series? No ad/promo flyer sheet. Seems a bit rushed or don't care-ish to me.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2014, 03:33:18 PM »
BTW, did anyone notice that there were no dealer sheets to collect on this ANS 11 series? No ad/promo flyer sheet. Seems a bit rushed or don't care-ish to me.
was there a sheet for 10?
I've only seen those powerpoint sales pitches on blowout cards forum

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »
was there a sheet for 10?
I've only seen those powerpoint sales pitches on blowout cards forum

That's right, none for 10 either.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2014, 10:32:30 PM »
That's right, none for 10 either.

I think it was rushed too. It really turned me off. I haven't bought a Wacky since ANS11. it was rushed and over-saturated. It was the perfect storm.

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2014, 05:24:18 AM »
I haven't bought a Wacky since ANS11. * ** ***
I think I see some fine print with the statement...   ;)

* does not include Halloween postcards
** does not include Halloween posters
*** does not include binder set #4

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2014, 09:47:18 AM »
I think I see some fine print with the statement...   ;)

* does not include Halloween postcards
** does not include Halloween posters
*** does not include binder set #4

OK, you got me there!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2014, 01:18:59 PM »

Featuring 9 cards
C1 Asparagus Jacks
C2 Blazin' Bran
C3 Klix
C4 Alpha Bats
C5 Trux
C6 Fiber Won
C7 Lucky Germs
C8 Flustered Flakes
C9 Special DK

Just checkin'... these never did see the light of day, did they?  I usually check the Topps Store about once a week or so. I know the mini-cereal boxes have followed in other releases, but never after this long a period from the series initial release. I guess they are dead, Jim.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »

Offline moron_chicken

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »
Does anyone know where I can finds the odds for the ANS 11 and series 1 cards?  I have been looking but can't find them. 

CaseyRob

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2015, 06:54:19 AM »
Did anyone ever find out who did the art for Toeplait?  I don't believe that Yoplait was using that packaging design in the early 90s, so I doubt Toeplait was from the lost 1992 set.  The foot kind of looks like Brent Engstrom's drawing style...

Offline quas

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »
Does anyone know where I can finds the odds for the ANS 11 and series 1 cards?  I have been looking but can't find them.
I have the same question.  We saw these once upon a time but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to search for them.  Please prove me wrong!
Marc

Online mikecho

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2024, 07:40:31 PM »
Just checkin'... these never did see the light of day, did they?  I usually check the Topps Store about once a week or so. I know the mini-cereal boxes have followed in other releases, but never after this long a period from the series initial release. I guess they are dead, Jim.
They did see the light of day. Greg had a set of all nine of them and sold them to me for my collection, but not before he took pictures of them to include in his website's page for this series. So far, nothing's been included yet.

Online mikecho

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2024, 03:51:56 PM »
Did anyone ever find out who did the art for Toeplait?  I don't believe that Yoplait was using that packaging design in the early 90s, so I doubt Toeplait was from the lost 1992 set.  The foot kind of looks like Brent Engstrom's drawing style...
I think it was from the lost 1992 Series just like the other two were. Its full Wacky name was Toeplait Toe Jam Style and its real name was Yoplait Custard Style Yogurt.

Online mikecho

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2024, 04:02:30 PM »
In the Master List on pg. 1, "Red Border..." should go between "Silver Border..." and "Printing Plates...".