Author Topic: ANS11 Master Checklist  (Read 57077 times)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Re: ANS11 Master Checklist
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 11:20:15 AM »
I'm getting black and white regular cards in my collector boxes (opened 4 so far) so perhaps you can add
those as coloring cards to the collector boxes as well as standard boxes....unless those aren't coloring cards....
A

they are supposed to be LINE sketches - they are another 'pull' for collectors...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 11:33:14 AM »
I'm getting black and white regular cards in my collector boxes (opened 4 so far) so perhaps you can add
those as coloring cards to the collector boxes as well as standard boxes....unless those aren't coloring cards....
A
What are coloring cards? Do you mean the pencil concept cards?

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »
they are supposed to be LINE sketches - they are another 'pull' for collectors...

Are you sure? These are numbered and look just like the regular cards except no color. They don't look like
sketches or roughs as they are complete. A

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2013, 12:38:27 PM »
Are you sure? These are numbered and look just like the regular cards except no color. They don't look like
sketches or roughs as they are complete. A
Yep, very sure. They are called pencil drawings on the wrapper.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »

I think the coloring cards are for the RETAIL/HOBBY boxes NOT Collector's...

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2013, 03:23:01 PM »
my local Target had a gravity feed, so I picked up a couple of packs.

nothing on them about the odds for these so-called Coloring Cards.

for now I am going to delete 'coloring cards'. i've added 'Sketch Set' to cover these pencil rough editions in the collector boxes.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:20:46 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
my local Target had a gravity feed, so I pick up a couple of packs.

for now I am going to delete 'coloring cards'. i've added 'Sketch Set' to cover these pencil rough editions in the collector boxes.

I'll see if I can post pictures of the cards I have - they REALLY (using caps like H-08) don't look like pencils! xD
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »
I'll see if I can post pictures of the cards I have - they REALLY (using caps like H-08) don't look like pencils! xD
A

The only time I've collected a set with 'coloring cards' those cards were outlines of Batman characters for kids to color in themselves.  So, perhaps there is a disconnect here - are the cards in question something already done by an artist, or something for the consumer to color on?

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2013, 03:36:01 PM »
A
I've seen images of them, and they look like they're reproductions of the pencil and/or ink roughs created by the artists and gag writers.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »
I did a quick scan of the pencil sketches.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 04:56:20 PM »
I did a quick scan of the pencil sketches.

Yours really do look like pencils and roughs! I guess the ones I have look more finished, just like the real cards just
without the colors. So, pencils they are...until we see/hear otherwise.
A

Offline dth1971

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
my local Target had a gravity feed, so I pick up a couple of packs.

(Image removed from quote.)

No bonus boxes/bonus packs with bonus stickers yet?

Offline Final Step

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2013, 04:00:40 AM »
The only time I've collected a set with 'coloring cards' those cards were outlines of Batman characters for kids to color in themselves.  So, perhaps there is a disconnect here - are the cards in question something already done by an artist, or something for the consumer to color on?
They are for you to color with crayon, pen pencil or paint!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2013, 08:55:08 AM »
The coloring cards are a 10 card sub set in the standard version of the wacky packs.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 05:49:12 AM »
Great job working on the master list Patrick - thanks!!  By my count, when you add the Pupsi patch card, there are 1,204 cards to collect, plus the 6 billboards.  And of course, printing plates.........  This set is making my head spin.  

Also - I haven't gotten the A/B thing quite straight yet, but I'm wondering if there may be another 55 cards for alternate backs for the concept card/pencil sketch cards.  Unfortunately, not many ebay sellers bother to post pics of the card backs, but I've seen some with puzzle backs and some with ads.  I can't tell yet if there two back versions for a specific title, but hopefully someone here who has killed a lot of collector boxes can answer this question.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:17:03 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Final Step

Re: ANS11 Master Checklist (NO SPOILERS YET)
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 06:43:42 AM »
OK, am I the only one here who thinks this is fuckin ridiculous?!?! Sorry 'bout the language, but just "ridiculous" isn't strong enough...

I totally agree with you. Tell me what average "kid" can afford to buy all these variations? I want alcohol and cigarettes back !

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 06:51:06 AM »
Great job working on the master list Patrick - thanks!!  By my count, when you add the Pupsi patch card, there are 1,204 cards to collect, plus the 6 billboards.  And of course, printing plates.........  This set is making my head spin.  

Also - I haven't gotten the A/B thing quite straight yet, but I'm wondering if there may be another 55 cards for alternate backs for the concept card/pencil sketch cards.  Unfortunately, not many ebay sellers bother to post pics of the card backs, but I've seen some with puzzle backs and some with ads.  I can't tell yet if there two back versions for a specific title, but hopefully someone here who has killed a lot of collector boxes can answer this question.
thanks!

list updated with Pupsi and some more artist listings. I also moved the 'pencil sketch' version up into the Base card listing as a variation per your comment. I didn't realize they just had standard backs. ugh. even more to collect if one wants to.

I'll have to wait until I get more cards to work on the A/B thing. I have a feeling it is going to be arbitrary. Uncut sheets might help, but who knows if we'll ever see any. I'll make a choice, and if folks don't like it, they can let me know.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 07:19:55 AM »
thanks!

list updated with Pupsi and some more artist listings. I also moved the 'pencil sketch' version up into the Base card listing as a variation per your comment. I didn't realize they just had standard backs. ugh. even more to collect if one wants to.

I'll have to wait until I get more cards to work on the A/B thing. I have a feeling it is going to be arbitrary. Uncut sheets might help, but who knows if we'll ever see any. I'll make a choice, and if folks don't like it, they can let me know.

Patrick, I only purchase one collector case for ANS11 so have limited opening experience but as I opened the boxes, I  noticed the base card backs from my first three boxes were all puzzle backs and made up all the puzzles of certain colors (2 sets of base case with the same back variations). I initially thought, here we go... you are going to need two cases with different back variations.  As I opened the  last three boxes, they yielded the alternative backs for the base set and happened to complete the remaining puzzles, the coupons, the billboards, and the "doctor warnings". I also ended up with 2 complete base sets of the alternate backs.

There appears to be an order to the front/backs that suggests the following order...

ONE BACK VARIATION:
#s 1-9  red border puzzle pieces (Hill Billies)
#s 10-18 yellow border puzzle pieces (Prey-Doh)
#s 19-27 orange border puzzle pieces  (Hordlerlands 2)
#s 28-36 brown border puzzle pieces  (Loaf)
#s 37-45 pink border puzzle pieces  (My Little Bony)
#s 46-54 light blue border puzzle pieces  (Mobster High)
# 55 Checklist

OTHER BACK VARIATION
#s 1-9 dark blue border puzzle pieces  (Walking Dad)
#s 10-18 green border puzzle pieces  (Jurassic Pork IV)
#s 19-27 purple border puzzle pieces (Raisan Brawn)
#s 28-42 Coupons
#s 43-48 Warning Labels
#  49 Checklist
#s 50-55 Billboards

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:39:24 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 07:29:03 AM »
Patrick, I only purchase one collector case for ANS11 so have limited opening experience but as I opened the boxes, I  noticed the base card backs from my first three boxes were all puzzle backs and made up all the puzzles of certain colors (2 sets of base case with the same back variations). I initially thought, here we go... you are going to need two cases with different back variations.  As I opened the  last three boxes, they yielded the alternative backs for the base set and happened to complete the remaining puzzles, the coupons, the billboards, and the "doctor warnings". I also ended up with 2 complete base sets of the alternate backs.
Cool.
I hope my case opens the same way. I should have been digging into my case this weekend too, but the UPS driver lied about attempting to drop off my package on Friday night and took it to the warehouse for the weekend instead.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 07:34:49 AM »
Cool.
I hope my case opens the same way. I should have been digging into my case this weekend too, but the UPS driver lied about attempting to drop off my package on Friday night and took it to the warehouse for the weekend instead.

That sucks! I had a similar experience of missing out on a Friday delivery. Back on one of the postcard releases, I had received UPS notification my shipment was out for delivery. On my way home, about 2 miles from home on a country road, I spotted the UPS truck off on the side of the road. I stopped to see if he needed assistance and the said he had already called it in. As we talked, I asked if he had delivered to our house. He said he was on the way when he broke down. To make a long story short, he would not let me receive the package out of the truck. He indicated it would "mess up their system". I sat fuming over the weekend   >(

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 08:10:20 AM »

There appears to be an order to the front/backs that suggests the following order...

ONE BACK VARIATION:
#s 1-9  red border puzzle pieces (Hill Billies)
#s 10-18 yellow border puzzle pieces (Prey-Doh)
#s 19-27 orange border puzzle pieces  (Hordlerlands 2)
#s 28-36 brown border puzzle pieces  (Loaf)
#s 37-45 pink border puzzle pieces  (My Little Bony)
#s 46-54 light blue border puzzle pieces  (Mobster High)
# 55 Checklist

OTHER BACK VARIATION
#s 1-9 dark blue border puzzle pieces  (Walking Dad)
#s 10-18 green border puzzle pieces  (Jurassic Pork IV)
#s 19-27 purple border puzzle pieces (Raisan Brawn)
#s 28-42 Coupons
#s 43-48 Warning Labels
#s 50-55 Billboards
#55 Checklist

It's nice to hear that a collector case will yield both versions.  Still not pleased with the alternate backs though.  Unless base sets end up dirt cheap, this will likely be the end of my separate binder collection of puzzles.

Anyone assembling 'sets' of 1-55 to sell may find themselves with unhappy customers who can't complete any puzzles.  And, trading will be more difficult since we can't even just say puzzle/ad back, we have to specify WHICH puzzle back for 27 stickers.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:30:34 AM by RawGoo »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 03:59:20 PM »
I just got back from target to start the bonus card (1-6) hunt.  As soon as I open them I will give the code and what bonus cards are in them.  What I thought really sucked is the front of the packs are clear.   A pack searcher doesn't even have to try hard to look at the cards.  Also the part that doesn't have a window is so translucent that it is not really hard to check them also.  I will be only buying enough to get a few sets of the Bonus cards.  I wish that they would package them to discourage the pack searchers not enable everyone to be a pack searcher!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 08:27:48 PM »
I just got back from target to start the bonus card (1-6) hunt.  As soon as I open them I will give the code and what bonus cards are in them.  What I thought really sucked is the front of the packs are clear.   A pack searcher doesn't even have to try hard to look at the cards.  Also the part that doesn't have a window is so translucent that it is not really hard to check them also.  I will be only buying enough to get a few sets of the Bonus cards.  I wish that they would package them to discourage the pack searchers not enable everyone to be a pack searcher!

Sounds like this will hurt sales for Wacky collectors, but invite more non-Wacky collectors to buy them for resale on ebay. Who did Topps do this for? :dontknow:

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2013, 04:12:40 AM »
Out of 6 of these packs with a "36" in the code I got B1,B3 and B4.  I am assuming that B2 is with these at target.  I guess you don't have worry about looking at codes for the Target bonus cards like we did last time.  I have not found a Walmart pack yet however I am concluding that it has B5 and B6

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2013, 04:21:01 AM »
Actually B2,B5 & B6, I found these at walmart Jumbo packs.

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »
These Jumbo packs are absolute crap!
a Jumbo pack is now reduced to having the same chase contents and odds as a regular pack, but for twice the price!
topps is just flat-out gouging. it's sick.

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »
Master List updated with Card Backs and the 3 known 'C' variations
I went with the already posted ordering by Scot, as I liked it. 'A' base is all puzzles and 'B' base has the other stuff.
Hmmm. The list looks fine on my desktop, but messed up on my pad. I'll have to work on the formatting

I'm still missing some artists, if anyone can help???

1 Prey-doh (Engstrom?)
3 DeepEnds
4 Preparation Ape
11 Ding Kongs (Engstrom?)
14 Polluted Springs (Gross?)
41 Wartheads
53 Little Seizures
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:07:20 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2013, 05:19:15 PM »
Something else I'd like to figure out -

are all the Autograph cards on the 'B' back cards?
from all the ones I've seen, it appears that way, but there are a lot on ebay that never show the back

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
Patrick, Unless, I missed it, I haven't seen a list of sketch card artists yet. Here are the ones I have seen so far (16)...

Brower, Jason
Camera, Neil
Comes, Ron
Engstrom, Brent
Gambino, Joe
Graham, Dustin
Gross, David
Grossberg, Joe (Joe G.)
Kirscht, Matthew
Parisi, Mark
Pingatore, Mark
Simko, Joe
Smokin' Joe
Taylor, Strephon
Wheaton, Fred
Zapata, Jeff

Apparently, Joes are abundant amongst parody artists. I don't recall Ron Comes, Joe Grossberg, and Dustin Graham doing sketches before. I am impressed with the titles I have seen by all three... very nice.  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:24:43 PM by sco(o)t »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2013, 10:36:23 PM »
Scot, for some reason I don't get your new avatar. What am I missing? LOL

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
Scot, for some reason I don't get your new avatar. What am I missing? LOL

Just a cat acting in a slightly paranormal way as part of the countdown to Halloween.  I plan to change it every 2 or 3 days with a new spooky image. You might say the cat is just scoot-ing along.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2013, 03:56:33 AM »
These Jumbo packs are absolute crap!
a Jumbo pack is now reduced to having the same chase contents and odds as a regular pack, but for twice the price!
topps is just flat-out gouging. it's sick.

I hear ya - but I did pull a Colored Sketch from one of those packs so I was pleased - they should just do away with those - they do it so you chase the bonus stickers for an outrageous price - I do have Jumbo UNSEARCHED PACKS FOR SALE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I HAD PICKED UP EXTRAS - at a reduced price of course target ones only

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2013, 05:45:53 AM »
Master List updated with Card Backs and the 3 known 'C' variations
I went with the already posted ordering by Scot, as I liked it. 'A' base is all puzzles and 'B' base has the other stuff.
Hmmm. The list looks fine on my desktop, but messed up on my pad. I'll have to work on the formatting

I'm still missing some artists, if anyone can help???

1 Prey-doh
3 DeepEnds
4 Preparation Ape
5 The Walking Dad
11 Ding Kongs
14 Polluted Springs
41 Wartheads
53 Little Seizures

Great work - I love the color indications for the puzzle borders!

Are we sure yet about the b1-6 having 3 strictly from Target and the other 3 strictly from Walmart?  If so, that might be useful to add.

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2013, 06:21:15 AM »
Are we sure yet about the b1-6 having 3 strictly from Target and the other 3 strictly from Walmart?  If so, that might be useful to add.
oops! forgot to add that.  yes, I think that's definitely the distribution.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »
Scot, thanks so much for the kudos.  Yes being part of the Joes is huge shoes to fill.  Before I started sketching I wrote to the Grand Master (Smokin Joe ) for pointers and he was super generous with his advice.  Obviously Smokin Joe and Joe Simko are super talents with sketching in their blood.  For my part I just spent a ton of time and color so as not to besmirch the good name of Joe when it comes to Wacky sketches.

Patrick, Unless, I missed it, I haven't seen a list of sketch card artists yet. Here are the ones I have seen so far (16)...

Brower, Jason
Camera, Neil
Comes, Ron
Engstrom, Brent
Gambino, Joe
Graham, Dustin
Gross, David
Grossberg, Joe (Joe G.)
Kirscht, Matthew
Parisi, Mark
Pingatore, Mark
Simko, Joe
Smokin' Joe
Taylor, Strephon
Wheaton, Fred
Zapata, Jeff

Apparently, Joes are abundant amongst parody artists. I don't recall Ron Comes, Joe Grossberg, and Dustin Graham doing sketches before. I am impressed with the titles I have seen by all three... very nice.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:33:36 AM by Joe G. »