Author Topic: ANS 11 Spoilers  (Read 63938 times)

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: ANS 11 Spoilers
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2013, 07:54:45 PM »

There seems to be a theme on the yellow artist's sketches shown so far -
Faces, faces, faces! Ready for your close-up?  :]

Yeah, I really like that – lots of faces! Some really wild characters...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-ANS-11-Return-Sketch-card-Matthew-Kirscht-All-Brain-Frankenstein-/121183441053?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3718909d

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2013, 08:45:25 PM »
Hi everyone, I have six blank shaped returns ( two of each shape) available if anyone's interested. PM me to discuss characters, etc. Thanks.

Offline SlickNeon

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »

My card shop got some of this in today. He only got 2 standard hobby boxes and 2 collectors...so, with there only being a $10 difference between the two, I grabbed a collectors box. Looks like I did pretty well. I personally think some of the concepts and art for this set are much better than the past few years sets. The black canvas cards are awesome.

Ironically, both my pencil sketch card and cloth were Degrease. Coincidence? If so, pretty cool. I took a pic of a few of my favorites. My personal favorite I've seen thus far is Little Seizures. Simple, but yet so effective. I had a lot of fun breaking the box, so much that I may just go grab the other he had tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »

My card shop got some of this in today. He only got 2 standard hobby boxes and 2 collectors...so, with there only being a $10 difference between the two, I grabbed a collectors box. Looks like I did pretty well. I personally think some of the concepts and art for this set are much better than the past few years sets. The black canvas cards are awesome.

Ironically, both my pencil sketch card and cloth were Degrease. Coincidence? If so, pretty cool. I took a pic of a few of my favorites. My personal favorite I've seen thus far is Little Seizures. Simple, but yet so effective. I had a lot of fun breaking the box, so much that I may just go grab the other he had tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

Good job in getting a patch out of 2 boxes!

Offline SlickNeon

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »
Good job in getting a patch out of 2 boxes!

Thank you! It was one box actually. I think I'll be getting the other one tomorrow.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »
Thank you! It was one box actually. I think I'll be getting the other one tomorrow.

DOH! I was reading the 2 collectors and 2 hobby I assumed you bought 2 collectors boxes even though, after re-reading, realized you said bought one box. Any way, great pulls. I think the patches are the bomb! They are so amazing! I'm really excited about this series even though its a bitch to collect. Not many have the money to collect most everything. I guess the days of buying a couple boxes and getting everything is over. It's an adjustment for every collector. Again, you have to collect what you enjoy.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, 12:18:35 AM »
Not exactly sure what you mean. I'm kind of bummed that the die cuts are numbered on the front.

I did get a spray nit buyback. I'll post a scan tomorrow.

I finally saw a pic of the parallel die cuts - are they the toughest cards to get?
Why are you bummed that the numbers are on the front? Aren't the regular cards this way?
A

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2013, 04:13:54 AM »
So, does just the regular black border set of 55 have A & B backs, or do all the parallel sets, such as the black 'canvas' cards, have them as well?  

Can someone post an example of the A vs. B backs for a title?  Are they readily identifiable, or is this going to be like ANS5, where we have to describe which back we need if we try to build our own sets through trading?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:18:30 AM by RawGoo »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, 05:05:11 AM »
No lineup of the 55 base set titles in a checklist?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »
I finally saw a pic of the parallel die cuts - are they the toughest cards to get?
Why are you bummed that the numbers are on the front? Aren't the regular cards this way?
A
They are all that way but I was hoping they wouldn't for the die cuts because they are also numbered on the back just like the good old days.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2013, 11:40:18 AM »
They are all that way but I was hoping they wouldn't for the die cuts because they are also numbered on the back just like the good old days.

Ok, Gotcha!!!
I wonder now if the ENTIRE die-cut series will show up as buy-backs....including the big two and variation numbers....
A

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2013, 03:48:49 PM »
Here are my sketch pulls

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »
I also got really lucky. Really lucky with these pulls. Both Red Lud backs. I never pulled one for ANS10.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
These are the plates I pulled.

Offline Final Step

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2013, 04:46:42 PM »
So, does just the regular black border set of 55 have A & B backs, or do all the parallel sets, such as the black 'canvas' cards, have them as well?  

Can someone post an example of the A vs. B backs for a title?  Are they readily identifiable, or is this going to be like ANS5, where we have to describe which back we need if we try to build our own sets through trading?
It  is easy to tell. One set has puzzle backs the other has ads for the most part. It is the variations that will kill ya. I did not get a full set of red borders for the base set (a and b) or for the black cards. Also must get many bonus cards. I bought a case.

Offline bwing

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2013, 05:06:48 PM »
Just picked up the Toys R Us exclusive Series 11 product.  Definitely something new. 

The product is 6 - 4 sticker sheets (uncut).  There are 18 sheets (numbered) and include some of the Restaurant parodies and "Coming Distractions".  They are about the size of the postcards.

Different, but I like them.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2013, 05:26:54 PM »
Has anybody started a master set list for this series?  Seems like it's going to be very difficult to keep track of all the variations...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
Has anybody started a master set list for this series?  Seems like it's going to be very difficult to keep track of all the variations...

Yes, Patrick started one under our master list board.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »
These are the plates I pulled.

Cool, don’t get to see these too often and am always curious about them. I assume there are the standard three different color plates for each title?

Was one set of three used for the whole print run? Or are there multiple “sets” out there?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
Cool, don’t get to see these too often and am always curious about them. I assume there are the standard three different color plates for each title?

Was one set of three used for the whole print run? Or are there multiple “sets” out there?

There are 4 plates for each card. One set only.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »
like Brad states there's 4. Standard CYMK - cyan yellow magenta and K for black.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2013, 08:29:37 PM »
Here are my sketch pulls

This is a lot of sketches for 6 cases :P

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2013, 08:47:41 PM »

Can someone post an example of the A vs. B backs for a title?  Are they readily identifiable, or is this going to be like ANS5, where we have to describe which back we need if we try to build our own sets through trading?

At least for the regular base set, there are 109 different unique backs as follows:
81 puzzle pieces (9 different puzzles x 9 pieces each)
6 billboards
6 Doctor Warnings (???)
2 checklists   (actually the same checklist appears on 2 different titles)
15 coupons
========
110 backs total (109 unique backs)... so you will need 2 base sets if you want all the unique backs

*NOTE: The nice thing about a collector case is that you seem to get 4 full base sets. If backs are taken into account, you seem to get 2 full "A" back sets and two full "B" back sets. I then had about 8 extra base cards left over.  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:08:17 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2013, 09:06:30 PM »
For any one interested, my one collector case yielded the following items:
================================================
- 4 full base sets... 2 complete "A" back sets and two complete "B" back sets and then 5 extra base cards
- 1 near complete black canvas base set (missing one title) then 30 extra canvas cards with one duplicate.
- 41 red border base cards (6 duplicates)
- 2 gold border base cards
- 3 cloth base cards and 1 cloth Coming Attractions
- 12 die-cut base cards
- 6 black Ludlow back base card
- 1 red Ludlow back base card
- 1 artist autograph card
- 0 comedian autograph cards
- 0 plates
- 6 pencil sketch cards
- 6 Bonus cards (one in each box)
- 1 patch card (Wormy Packages)
- 2 regular sketch cards
- 2 shaped sketch cards
- 1 Lost Wacky card
- 2 complete black border restaurant sets plus 3 extras
- 2 complete red border restaurant sets plus 6 extras
- 5 complete black border Coming Attractions sets plus 1 extra
- 2 complete red border Coming Attractions sets

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »
This is a lot of sketches for 6 cases :P
No, actually, I messaged Chris at Blowout and asked him if I could add to my order to get delivered the next day. He gave me a great deal and I got another 7 cases. I'm pretty much done now ordering cases. That could change..LOL

Seriously though, I think I'm done with ANS11.

Not much is turning on eBay but that could also mean not a lot of people knew about this release. People are still getting in their stuff and don't really know what they need. Clint and Cardgary haven't had anything yet. This is like any other series, it takes a few days before everything goes crazy. It only lasts about 2 weeks though.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:23:48 PM by BumChex »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2013, 09:32:28 PM »
I have seen ANS 11 Bonus stickers #B7 to #B14. Wonder what Bonus stickers #B1 to #B6 in various bonus packs from Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us will be like...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2013, 09:55:57 PM »
I have seen ANS 11 Bonus stickers #B7 to #B14. Wonder what Bonus stickers #B1 to #B6 in various bonus packs from Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us will be like...

We all do

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2013, 09:55:16 AM »
I just got done sorting my red borders and let me tell you it's a bitch with the back variations. I mentioned before that the red borders will be tougher because they also made red border distractions and restaurants. You also want the back variations in order otherwise the backs will be a total mess when you look at them in a binder. There is nothing distinguishing the different sets such as A or B so I only guessed by the number I had of each. After opening 12 cases I only have one complete back variation set. ONE! ONE! I'm about 4-5 cards away from another set. This is horrible! 12 cases and only one set?
I havne't sorted any other border cards yet but all I can say is buyer beware when buying from someone or through ebay because you will most likely end up with a set of messed up backs.
With that being said I'm officially done with Ans11. I will get the patches off ebay and then I'm done. Hope everyone will be happy with a nice base set because that is all you will end up getting unless you spend $1000's of $$ on cases.
I'm sure I will have better luck with the black canvas because you get about twice as much compared to the red borders.
At this rate the red border set of 110 should sell for around $500 but it won't. I wonder what the silver sets will look like with these odds?

That is my rant for the day..... >:D ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
I just finished sorting the black canvas and was able to make (5) 110 card sets. I probably have another 5 or so mixed sets I could make but who would want that?
So that makes (5) black canvas sets and (1) red border set from 12 cases. Those are some great odds >:D

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2013, 03:21:51 PM »
Here are my sketch pulls

Brad, cool you pulled one of my 'Staring Contest' sketches.  Here is the whole set:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:23:56 PM by Joe G. »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
Brad, cool you pulled one of my 'Staring Contest' sketches.  Here is the whole set:

HaHa, that's funny!

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
gravity feed hanging out at Target.

didn't find any ANS11 at walmart or TRU yet.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2013, 05:58:45 PM »
HaHa, that's funny!

Brad, thanks.  When I do sets I like to cover the basics, so it's one OS, one ANS and one Postcard character.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »
I just got done sorting my red borders and let me tell you it's a bitch with the back variations. I mentioned before that the red borders will be tougher because they also made red border distractions and restaurants. You also want the back variations in order otherwise the backs will be a total mess when you look at them in a binder. There is nothing distinguishing the different sets such as A or B so I only guessed by the number I had of each. After opening 12 cases I only have one complete back variation set. ONE! ONE! I'm about 4-5 cards away from another set. This is horrible! 12 cases and only one set?
I havne't sorted any other border cards yet but all I can say is buyer beware when buying from someone or through ebay because you will most likely end up with a set of messed up backs.
With that being said I'm officially done with Ans11. I will get the patches off ebay and then I'm done. Hope everyone will be happy with a nice base set because that is all you will end up getting unless you spend $1000's of $$ on cases.
I'm sure I will have better luck with the black canvas because you get about twice as much compared to the red borders.
At this rate the red border set of 110 should sell for around $500 but it won't. I wonder what the silver sets will look like with these odds?

That is my rant for the day..... >:D ;D

How about a 110 card gold bordered set? Or better yet, the entire master set consisting of approximately 1050 cards? Yep, it's more than 1000 cards this time around. Needless to say someone at Topps has gotten very carried away.

Also what is up with all the juvenile crotch/underwear/butt/poop gags this series? I think there are 12 of them. A few series ago we didn't have any of this low brow humor. Is the same person coming up with all these? With few exceptions most of these juvenile gags are pretty bad!

Offline SlickNeon

« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2013, 12:52:11 AM »

That Frite loops sketch is probably my favorite wacky sketch I've ever seen. I'd kill to pull that!