Author Topic: ANS 11 Spoilers  (Read 63881 times)

Offline FourRoses

Re: ANS 11 Spoilers
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »
Yes... And, to FourRoses question...The coloring cards have an almost paper-like surface so you could actually color on them. The Collector box pencil sketches have a more protective finish like the normal cards that would be more difficult to mark up.

This is confusing as all hell thanks to Topps. The pencil sketches are the same thing as the coloring cards, yes? The ones I have all look the same and even have the same back. The only difference being the one I pulled from a collectors pack was, like you said, smooth.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »
This is confusing as all hell thanks to Topps. The pencil sketches are the same thing as the coloring cards, yes? The ones I have all look the same and even have the same back. The only difference being the one I pulled from a collectors pack was, like you said, smooth.

The pencil sketches from collector boxes are numbered 1 through 55 like the base set. The coloring cards from the retails seem to be numbered 1 through 10 (or 9) and is more like a chase set.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »
would be kind of cool to have secret hidden bonus Wackys at some point.
Although now, everyone will be ripping apart every box of anything just to make sure they don't throw something out by accident.
Reading the comments is entertaining at how mad some people are about an unannounced freebie. I think it's genius. kudos to Topps

Topps hidden baseball cards

Is everyone ripping apart their boxes to see if there are any hidden bonus Wackys?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2013, 12:08:38 PM »
The pencil sketches from collector boxes are numbered 1 through 55 like the base set. The coloring cards from the retails seem to be numbered 1 through 10 (or 9) and is more like a chase set.
yes.
They are exactly that - a chase set, as they have a completely different back - bright yellow and says Coloring Card, similar to the Coming Distractions set

Look at my post at the top of the previous page
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:13:24 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2013, 12:09:24 PM »
Is everyone ripping apart their boxes to see if there are any hidden bonus Wackys?
LOL! You know we did!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »
really? You have enough luds to see the variation? Ugh. I'll have to add that to the master list

Oh no, more camel feet.........

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »
yes.
They are exactly that - a chase set, as they have a completely different back - bright yellow and says Coloring Card, similar to the Coming Distractions set

Look at my post at the top of the previous page

Something isn't right. I pulled 1 of these coloring cards/pencil sketches from a Collectors Box and seven from packs out of a vertical feed and they are identical front and back with the exception of the feel of the card. Nothing separates them besides the feel.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »

I resemble that remark   ;)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »

Better than Camel Toes.....

Sorry, couldn't resist!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2013, 06:41:43 PM »
really? You have enough luds to see the variation? Ugh. I'll have to add that to the master list

I only got around 18 Luds but got one double. The back was different.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »
I only got around 18 Luds but got one double. The back was different.

Everyone, yes, there are different Lud backs. There were with ANS10 and the last 3 OLDS series. They print them with 2 backs. What I don't get is why they printed the lost wacky golds with the regular back and then printed the camels on the back? Was it a mistake?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2013, 04:14:30 AM »
Everyone, yes, there are different Lud backs. There were with ANS10 and the last 3 OLDS series. They print them with 2 backs. What I don't get is why they printed the lost wacky golds with the regular back and then printed the camels on the back? Was it a mistake?

I knew about the two different Ludlow backs for Old School 3 and 4, but did not realize they did it with ANS10 as well, likely because I never saw one in person.

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2013, 11:48:35 AM »
I just saw this listing for cereal box titles for ANS11.
I don't see them on the topps store yet though.

C1 Asparagus Jacks
C2 Blazin' Bran
C3 Klix
C4 Alpha Bats
C5 Trux
C6 Fiber Won
C7 Lucky Germs
C8 Flustered Flakes
C9 Special DK

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »
I just saw this listing for cereal box titles for ANS11.
I don't see them on the topps store yet though.

C1 Asparagus Jacks
C2 Blazin' Bran
C3 Klix
C4 Alpha Bats
C5 Trux
C6 Fiber Won
C7 Lucky Germs
C8 Flustered Flakes
C9 Special DK

Nope! Not going to buy them. I didn't buy the last batch of cereal boxes and won't ever buy them unless they go with OS titles again. There is only so much money in peoples wallets that they have to say no to some of this stuff. It's getting way too over saturated.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »
Nope! Not going to buy them. I didn't buy the last batch of cereal boxes and won't ever buy them unless they go with OS titles again. There is only so much money in peoples wallets that they have to say no to some of this stuff. It's getting way too over saturated.

I feel the exact same way.  I absolutely loved the cereal boxes the first time they were released and were all original series titles.  The next series or two, when they were all ANS titles, I bought them with declining interest.  Now, I'll totally pass.  I love the patches in ANS11 and the few original series mags in the set.  But I think Topps would be a lot better off with more original series items.  After all, the 1000+ versions in this series should allow for more than a dozen or so original series titles.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2013, 08:52:59 PM »
I feel the exact same way.  I absolutely loved the cereal boxes the first time they were released and were all original series titles.  The next series or two, when they were all ANS titles, I bought them with declining interest.  Now, I'll totally pass.  I love the patches in ANS11 and the few original series mags in the set.  But I think Topps would be a lot better off with more original series items.  After all, the 1000+ versions in this series should allow for more than a dozen or so original series titles.

I love the patches too. They should make a whole set of those. Forget this new stuff. If they redid the ordinal series in patches I would be a happy collector. Those are so cool?

Offline Final Step

« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2013, 01:54:53 PM »
I love the patches too. They should make a whole set of those. Forget this new stuff. If they redid the ordinal series in patches I would be a happy collector. Those are so cool?

At this point, I just wish I could leave my house and search for bonus cards or anything, but I have a very bad case if the flu. I had to rely on ebay for all bonus cards and cards to complete the holes in my sets. I had to buy a patch from ebay as I did not get one in my collector's case. I can't wait for it to come.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2013, 05:41:39 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place for sketches (who can keep track of all this stuff?!), but here's a couple of my wacky 11 returns...

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2013, 09:16:58 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place for sketches (who can keep track of all this stuff?!), but here's a couple of my wacky 11 returns...

Wow both very cool!

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »
Here's an ANS11 return card I painted up
G.I. TOE is just too cool, I had to paint one of him!
he's on ebay here -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251353889295

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »
he's on ebay here -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251353889295

(Image removed from quote.)

That's pretty cool. I may have to put in a bid!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2013, 05:21:16 PM »

Hey Neil, Can't tell you this enough, Your work is amazing. Could you do each title from 1-16 and send them to me for a Christmas present-LOL.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »

Very cool Man, I salute you for a well done sketch.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »

Hey Neil, Can't tell you this enough, Your work is amazing. Could you do each title from 1-16 and send them to me for a Christmas present-LOL.

Thanks for the nice words. Tell you what, if you can get Topps to send me 475 + cards, I'll be happy to do the complete 1-16 run (that's been my life's dream!)...and I'll even give you a discount ;)!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2013, 09:47:54 PM »
Many nice sketches on eBay right now

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2013, 09:48:51 PM »

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
Just picked up the Toys R Us exclusive Series 11 product.  Definitely something new.  

The product is 6 - 4 sticker sheets (uncut).  There are 18 sheets (numbered) and include some of the Restaurant parodies and "Coming Distractions".  They are about the size of the postcards.

Different, but I like them.

We were in town this afternoon and I made a stop at TRU and picked these up also. As mentioned, there are 18 sheets numbered 1 of 18, 2 of 18, etc.  Each sheet has 4 stickers. There are 3 different sets (1 thru 6, 7 thru 12, and 13 thru 18) in the packs. The fronts and backs of the packs are mostly clear so you can pick up the three packs you want without duplicates. They cost $6.49 a pack at our TRU. These are normal black border stickers. The back of each sheet contains either one of the 9 puzzles or 1 of the coupons.

What I liked about these...
-  You can pick up a full base set (ALMOST... see below) plus the 9 Rude Food and 9 Coming Distraction cards without
      duplicates for a little over $20 bucks.
- The sheets are larger than a Wacky postcard and measure 5" x 7" so they just still fit in a 2 pocket binder page.
- The puzzles and coupons on the back take up most of the space so they are a nice, large size with out the breaks in
   between puzzle pieces.  I really wish Topps would re-release Original Series 1 thru 16 in this size format.

What I didn't like about these...
- Since the 3 sets yield 72 stickers, one base title, BOOGERFINGER, has been omitted (odd leaving a base card out rather
   than one of the Rude Food or Coming Distraction titles)
- The cards sheets are number 1 of 18, etc. but the cards are not numbered and there is no checklist on the wrapper or on
   the sheets themselves.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:57:42 PM by sco(o)t »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
I was in TRU last week but couldn't find these - is there a special area where you all find WP products?

I see some cards scattered in a couple of places - there doesn't seem to be one central card area in my TRU.

I asked an employee once about Wacky Packages cards/stickers and they had no idea what I was talking about or where to find them

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2013, 04:10:27 PM »
I was in TRU last week but couldn't find these - is there a special area where you all find WP products?

I see some cards scattered in a couple of places - there doesn't seem to be one central card area in my TRU.

I asked an employee once about Wacky Packages cards/stickers and they had no idea what I was talking about or where to find them

I guess this is a case of "actual mileage may vary" from store to store. When ANS10 was released, our local TRU had all cards in one aisle in the middle of the store and some Pokémon tin boxes near the front by the cash registers. Shortly afterwards, they drastically reduced the size of their card inventory (no more CEREAL KILLERS among others) and placed them all in three small "islands" at the front of the store near the cash registers.

Today when we went in, they have a whole Pokémon section (almost a full aisle) near the very front of the store and another even  larger section devoted to something called "Skylanders" right in the very front, center. This is some game that apparently integrates trading cards with a video game and game figurines. My son said they just came out with a new release of the game and it's very big right now amongst pre-teens and young teens. They still had the small islands of trading cards but the Wackys, GPKs, and Topps sports cards were all missing. We asked a clerk who directed us to another small "island" in the middle of a main walking path near the back of the store. If we hadn't asked, we would never have found them. Back by bicycles and Barbies. Nothing else remotely related around.   

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2013, 02:00:08 PM »
Thanks Pupsi-cola and Bum-Chex! (I 'salute' you both! ha!)
here's another ANS11 return card I painted of Shot Wheels!
(NOTE: the card looks a little warped in the pic but it is NOT, it is just the lighting)

he's on ebay located here -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251358311876

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:10:18 PM by wackydustin »

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2013, 07:27:50 AM »
Thanks Pupsi-cola and Bum-Chex! (I 'salute' you both! ha!)
here's another ANS11 return card I painted of Shot Wheels!
(NOTE: the card looks a little warped in the pic but it is NOT, it is just the lighting)

he's on ebay located here -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251358311876

WOW!  this one is amazing.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2013, 07:06:35 PM »
Here's a few of black & whites scans for all of you wacky heads!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2013, 08:16:50 PM »

Very nice! I don't know if any of these have shown up yet for resale.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »

Neil, your cards are always a joy to behold and joyous to pull.  It's great that you included the 'Stick em Anyplace' kid.  Somehow I never think of him when doing sketches!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2013, 10:02:39 PM »
WOW!  this one is amazing.

It amazes me how the Wacky artists can create pieces so detailed and amazing (I'll stick with your choice of words as it seems to fit best) at such a small scale.