Author Topic: When will you predict Wacky Packages ANS12 will get a release...  (Read 8216 times)

Offline dth1971

When will you predict Wacky Packages ANS12 will get a release...
« on: November 10, 2013, 06:01:39 AM »
...when Topps gives it a green light or something like that? I guess ANS12 will get a Spring 2014 release.

Offline ClubbedCanadian

Re: When will you predict Wacky Packages ANS12 will get a release...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 01:56:26 AM »
Should be out ina few weeks by the way they crank out this stuff now!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 07:31:23 AM »
...when Topps gives it a green light or something like that? I guess ANS12 will get a Spring 2014 release.

I'm waiting to release my prediction.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »

that sounds fishy

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »

I predict that DrSushi's prediction will be one of the most accurate predictions predicted.

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 09:38:13 AM »
Should be out ina few weeks by the way they crank out this stuff now!

Exactly.  With a bunch of ridiculous chase cards and subsets. I'm really surprised that ANS is still being produced.  To me it started feeling over done around ANS7.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »
Shrunken, that's interesting because I thought ANS 7 was perfect.  Great looking golds and silvers.  Only 20 golds to collect and only one really tough chase cards in the sketches.  I also liked the inclusion of the signed lynch cards that were original titles based on his roughs.  For me the real change was with ANS 10.  My thought was that 10 was an anniversary set, so they made it an extravaganza!  That said, I've never really minded all the variations as they are cool to see and you can pick and choose what you want to focus on.  
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:53:19 PM by Joe G. »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 04:06:36 AM »
Shrunken, that's interesting because I thought ANS 7 was perfect.  Great looking golds and silvers.  Only 20 golds to collect and only one really tough chase cards in the sketches.  I also liked the inclusion of the signed lynch cards that were original titles based on his roughs.  For me the real change was with ANS 10.  My thought was that 10 was an anniversary set, so they made it an extravaganza!  That said, I've never really minded all the variations as they are cool to see and you can pick and choose what you want to focus on.  

I don't mind the variations anymore, since with the exception of the black canvas version, I've just stopped collecting them.  Don't even care about having examples.

I do wish the magnets were easier to get, I kind of miss having those.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 08:04:08 AM »
I don't mind the variations anymore, since with the exception of the black canvas version, I've just stopped collecting them.  Don't even care about having examples.

I do wish the magnets were easier to get, I kind of miss having those.

We should probably keep our fondness of the black canvas variations quiet, otherwise they may turn out to be the one-per-case card for ANS12.  :67:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »
We should probably keep our fondness of the black canvas variations quiet, otherwise they may turn out to be the one-per-case card for ANS12.  :67:

Are black canvas variations the ones with all black (other than the image)?  Are there all-black ones that aren't canvas?  Can you tell I'm so far out of it that I don't know the answer to these questions?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »
Are black canvas variations the ones with all black (other than the image)?  Are there all-black ones that aren't canvas?  Can you tell I'm so far out of it that I don't know the answer to these questions?

Yes, the "black canvas" border variations are the ones in which the  card blank space is all black. Since these have a slight texturing to them, they were dubbed canvas. All of the all-black ones thus far have had the canvas texturing. They have been included in the ANS10 and ANS11 releases thus far.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 11:12:01 AM »
Yes, the "black canvas" border variations are the ones in which the  card blank space is all black. Since these have a slight texturing to them, they were dubbed canvas. All of the all-black ones thus far have had the canvas texturing. They have been included in the ANS10 and ANS11 releases thus far.

Thanks, Scot!  I know people have really liked them, but I think I was confused about whether there were all-black "regular" and all-black "canvas" or there was only one type of all-black cards.  Though I can't say it sounds like something outrageously cool, I bet they are a lot better than the colored borders.  I wish Topps would make more of these all-black cards.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
Thanks, Scot!  I know people have really liked them, but I think I was confused about whether there were all-black "regular" and all-black "canvas" or there was only one type of all-black cards.  Though I can't say it sounds like something outrageously cool, I bet they are a lot better than the colored borders.  I wish Topps would make more of these all-black cards.

I think that the all black background just allows the artwork to stand out a little more making for a more striking image. At least, thats why I like them. Plus its a more modern look than the black outline we all have come to know and love.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »
I think that the all black background just allows the artwork to stand out a little more making for a more striking image. At least, thats why I like them. Plus its a more modern look than the black outline we all have come to know and love.

Exactly - the black canvas versions make the art "pop" a little bit extra.  I still consider the black bordered base set as the Wackys that I would HAVE to have to feel like I've got the set, but if the black canvas alternates remain affordable, I expect I'll look for them as an extra.  No more red/blue/silver/gold for me.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »

Not sure if this is a totally new thing, but I see that Topps is doing some glossy black borders with the latest series of GPK’s. I think it’s a sharp format and would also look great with Wacky Packages.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 05:46:24 PM »
I don't mind having a wait at this point. 2013 was really saturated with product. take slow.

It certainly could have been worse, though. look at the crap that the GPK collectors just got thrown - an online store exclusive of friggin' reprints of the last 3 sets combined into one monster set.

2013 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Mini Cards takes the three GPK Brand-New Series releases and shrinks them down. It also has some new cards as well.
The 2013 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Mini Cards base set checklist is huge, checking in at 396 cards: 110 from BNS1, 146 from BNS2, 132 from BNS3 and eight new cards. Black parallels are inserted one per pack.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »
I don't mind having a wait at this point. 2013 was really saturated with product. take slow.

It certainly could have been worse, though. look at the crap that the GPK collectors just got thrown - an online store exclusive of friggin' reprints of the last 3 sets combined into one monster set.

2013 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Mini Cards takes the three GPK Brand-New Series releases and shrinks them down. It also has some new cards as well.
The 2013 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Mini Cards base set checklist is huge, checking in at 396 cards: 110 from BNS1, 146 from BNS2, 132 from BNS3 and eight new cards. Black parallels are inserted one per pack.

But they're mini-cards!!!   (Hey, the sarcastic eye-roll emoticon is gone. Imagine it here)

Offline havok77

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »
yeah the gpk stuff has been out of control , way too many releases too close to each other. they just started  the brand new series and already are ending it with series 3 which was horrible by the way . just a bunch of junk put together and released . the art is absolutly terrible . most of it not even close to what gpk is supposed to be . i was so dissapointed with it , i needed something else to collect . so i finaly looked into  wacky packages and i love them . im opening a new box every weekend . so when i get to series  8 ? 9 ? or 10 ? or 11 ? should i expect to see the same thing going on with wacky packages that i have seen happen with gpk ?i have read some complaints on the boards about the direction wacky is going in .

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
yeah the gpk stuff has been out of control , way too many releases too close to each other. they just started  the brand new series and already are ending it with series 3 which was horrible by the way . just a bunch of junk put together and released . the art is absolutly terrible . most of it not even close to what gpk is supposed to be . i was so dissapointed with it , i needed something else to collect . so i finaly looked into  wacky packages and i love them . im opening a new box every weekend . so when i get to series  8 ? 9 ? or 10 ? or 11 ? should i expect to see the same thing going on with wacky packages that i have seen happen with gpk ?i have read some complaints on the boards about the direction wacky is going in .

I have no idea what is going on with Topps. They are generally smarter than this but they just want sales over perfection. It stinks.

Offline havok77

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 12:02:59 AM »
you aint kidding , there rushing releases .

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
so when i get to series  8 ? 9 ? or 10 ? or 11 ? should i expect to see the same thing going on with wacky packages that i have seen happen with gpk ?i have read some complaints on the boards about the direction wacky is going in .
for 8 and 9, I found them to be very similar to earlier ones. Lots of great ones and okay ones. and very few with sub-par art.
10 is where the sub-par art takes a small spike upward, from just a few to a handful
and 11 is where the sub-par art takes a larger spike upward, from a handful to a sizable percent of set.
(on the flip-side, the sketch art has been fantastic for ans11)
YMMV, as art appreciation is in the eye of the beer holder

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 08:03:22 AM »

YMMV, as art appreciation is in the eye of the beer holder

I had to Google YMMV for translation

:great:

(BTW, thanks to Scoot NC, 3/4 of the time I see this as a head bobbing partridge)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 08:32:45 AM »

I had to Google YMMV for translation

:great:

(BTW, thanks to Scoot NC, 3/4 of the time I see this as a head bobbing partridge)

Me too, on both counts.

Offline WPcollector

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
you aint kidding , there rushing releases .

I'm surprised chrome2 hasn't been officially announced yet.

Offline havok77

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
yeah that should be announced very soon , and im realy looking forward to it. also already looking forward to a new wacky packages set. these are so cool.  not sure why i didnt start buying them sooner .

Offline WPcollector

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 10:39:01 PM »

Yeah GPK's get milked even more, although WP's are up to series 12 soon and getting the same kind of releases these days (with all the parallels).

I personally collect gpk's but i came over to this site to find out what the current atmosphere was for WP's.

Are you guys having trouble keeping up? Anyone have a master set here? Are people here collecting the canvas/blank back cards?

Like havoc, i want to get into wp's but there are so many releases that it's a little overwhelming getting started. I picked up the ans1-15 and fb sets a while back but haven't started on the older sets yet. I personally don't collect for value so i could care less if the sticker has a diff border color or what not.

If i have all of ans and fb do i need to pick up the older sets still to get one of each card (artwise)? or was it done like the gpk's where only certain cards were remade for the fb series?

I personally hope WPs12 doesn't come out soon so i can try to catch up on this new bns line but it's looking grim and based on their current release with gpk's i'm expecting series 12 comes out this month.

Great site btw and it's nice to know that garbage pail kids collectors are not the only ones struggling to keep up with all the new releases. A lot of us have dropped off and quit the hobby but a few of us are still hanging on.  Hopefully 2014 will be different or it will kill off the hard core guys that are left.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »
I picked up the ans1-15 and fb sets a while back but haven't started on the older sets yet.
Do you own a DeLorean? We're only up to ANS 11 now. :)

If i have all of ans and fb do i need to pick up the older sets still to get one of each card (artwise)?
There is no overlap of art/titles between ANS and the original series sets, so the answer is yes. FB is all (or mostly) from original series, as I recall (someone correct me, if I'm wrong).

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
There is no overlap of art/titles between ANS and the original series sets, so the answer is yes. FB is all (or mostly) from original series, as I recall (someone correct me, if I'm wrong).
depends what you mean by overlap.
While the base card art of the ANS sets don't overlap with OS at all, most of the magnets and foil chaser sets from ANS have been entirely images from the original run.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2013, 06:07:15 PM »
depends what you mean by overlap.
While the base card art of the ANS sets don't overlap with OS at all, most of the magnets and foil chaser sets from ANS have been entirely images from the original run.
You are obviously correct, Patrick, but my assumption was that WPcollector was referring strictly to the base titles. Another ASS.U.ME  

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 10:55:41 PM »
You are obviously correct, Patrick, but my assumption was that WPcollector was referring strictly to the base titles. Another ASS.U.ME  

Don't beat yourself up over it. Some of these questions are hard to answer.

anything