Author Topic: Fall Allentown Show (Philly) on Sept 21st/22nd.  (Read 22978 times)

Offline Joe G.

Re: Fall Allentown Show (Philly) on Sept 21st/22nd.
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »
This is a pretty long list of promos.  Any one out there who might be able to help non-East Coast forum members out?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
Please add me to the list to sell me a pair of these promos. Thx!!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »
If anyone can help a brother out, I'd just like the Halloween promo. Thanks.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:31 AM »
Hi all,

Between having a lack of time lately and being frustrated with not being be able to keep up with all of the series (seeing the ANS11 checklist doesn't help!), I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I did want to touch base about the upcoming show.

First, I won't be able to attend the show, but I've been in communication with Roxanne about the Wacky table.  She has it set up so anyone going to the show and wants to use the "Wacky trading table" will pay the extra 10 bucks at the admission desk, and will get a different colored wristband for the table.  She also made up signs for the table about needing the $10.00 wristband for the table.

I am hoping everyone that uses the table follows the system, because if it doesn't work out it will kill the opportunity to do it going forward, which would be a shame.  She also mentioned that they are going to make sure that the concession tables are for eating only, so going back to that probably won't be an option.

Roxanne said that it looks like there will be an extra table open, and if so she will put it in the Wacky corner so there are 2 tables instead of 1, and she wouldn't charge extra for the 2nd table.

I'm not sure what kind of crowd is going, but I hope everyone enjoys the show, and I look forward to hearing about it next week.

Thank you, Rob

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 04:50:17 PM »
First, I won't be able to attend the show...She also mentioned that they are going to make sure that the concession tables are for eating only, so going back to that probably won't be an option.
Bummer about you not coming, Rob. Thanks much for arranging this again for us and letting us know the details!

If they're serious about the concession table usage, then they'd best get some more tables, 'cause using the floor or a garbage can as a table sucks! I'd probably leave the mall and eat elsewhere, than do that again....

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2013, 04:00:09 AM »
Bummer about you not coming, Rob. Thanks much for arranging this again for us and letting us know the details!

If they're serious about the concession table usage, then they'd best get some more tables, 'cause using the floor or a garbage can as a table sucks! I'd probably leave the mall and eat elsewhere, than do that again....

Yeah, I tried using the garbage can top once, and ended up going out to my car to eat.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 07:25:48 AM »
Is anyone interested in any Mars Attack stuff or GP Kids Promos from the Show ? LMK thx

Offline Kook

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2013, 07:57:09 AM »
Hi all,

Between having a lack of time lately and being frustrated with not being be able to keep up with all of the series (seeing the ANS11 checklist doesn't help!), I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I did want to touch base about the upcoming show.

First, I won't be able to attend the show, but I've been in communication with Roxanne about the Wacky table.  She has it set up so anyone going to the show and wants to use the "Wacky trading table" will pay the extra 10 bucks at the admission desk, and will get a different colored wristband for the table.  She also made up signs for the table about needing the $10.00 wristband for the table.

I am hoping everyone that uses the table follows the system, because if it doesn't work out it will kill the opportunity to do it going forward, which would be a shame.  She also mentioned that they are going to make sure that the concession tables are for eating only, so going back to that probably won't be an option.

Roxanne said that it looks like there will be an extra table open, and if so she will put it in the Wacky corner so there are 2 tables instead of 1, and she wouldn't charge extra for the 2nd table.

I'm not sure what kind of crowd is going, but I hope everyone enjoys the show, and I look forward to hearing about it next week.

Thank you, Rob

I'm sorry to hear you won't be there Rob. Hopefully you'll be able to make the April show. Thanks again for your work with the wacky tables!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
Well, for those that couldn't make the show today: IMO, you didn't miss much. Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable, trading and chatting at the table was fun, but personally, I found nothing there of interest. There were few promos...and, actually, there were NO P1 promos available at all! I had to put my name and address (as did the rest of us) on a list to get one mailed to us at some later date. I also paid two admissions, got only one promo pack and one Halloween promo...and went back later and practically had to beg for another one (which the lady reluctantly gave me). You'd think I was asking them for money...not a silly promo card.

My recollection is that it was me, Shoe, Brian (ratchet007), Frank (Demented/Final Step?), Dave (Paul Maul) and Bill (Kook) that used the table...and Joe Leonard. Can't recall anyone else. Even the dealer turnout seemed a bit short. I believe Dave found some good things...but I wouldn't steal his thunder. I bought some Engstrom metals and went over and met Brent and had him sign them all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:19:33 PM by bigtomi »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
I have a lot addresses of members.  I put you down for a wacky promo and garbage pail kid promo.  If you receive a card and don't know where it came from it was me putting your name on the list. I am going back in the morning, if you give me your name and address, I will put you on Topps list.  (You have to be on the list to get a card they told me)

Offline Gadzooka_Joe

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
I was glad to meet you all. Learned a lot also. Maybe some of you already go to the Allentown Paper show. I have found wacky s and othe non-sports cards there. Are any of you attending?

Stephen

Offline quas

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »
Well, for those that couldn't make the show today: IMO, you didn't miss much. Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable, trading and chatting at the table was fun, but personally, I found nothing there of interest. There were few promos...and, actually, there were NO P1 promos available at all! I had to put my name and address (as did the rest of us) on a list to get one mailed to us at some later date. I also paid two admissions, got only one promo pack and one Halloween promo...and went back later and practically had to beg for another one (which the lady reluctantly gave me). You'd think I was asking them for money...not a silly promo card.

My recollection is that it was me, Shoe, Brian (ratchet007), Frank (Demented/Final Step?), Dave (Paul Maul) and Bill (Kook) that used the table...and Joe Leonard. Can't recall anyone else. Even the dealer turnout seemed a bit short. I believe Dave found some good things...but I wouldn't steal his thunder. I bought some Engstrom metals and went over and met Brent and had him sign them all.

I was there and sat at the Wacky table for quite a while during the show.  Still it was disappointing that so many of the "regulars" did not show.

How does one get the P1 promo?

Marc
Marc

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »
I was there and sat at the Wacky table for quite a while during the show.  Still it was disappointing that so many of the "regulars" did not show.

How does one get the P1 promo?

Marc
Give me your address I will put your name on the list.  I walked around until 2:00 before I went to the table.

Offline quas

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2013, 08:30:54 PM »
Give me your address I will put your name on the list.  I walked around until 2:00 before I went to the table.

PM sent.
Marc

Offline Swiski

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 05:26:50 AM »

PM sent with fingers crossed.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2013, 06:19:51 AM »

PM Sent.  Thanks

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2013, 07:30:46 AM »
I was there and sat at the Wacky table for quite a while during the show.
Sorry, Marc. Brain is going.

Offline quas

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2013, 10:10:49 AM »
No problem, but you can always try some Brain Power!   ;)
Marc

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »
I have a lot addresses of members.  I put you down for a wacky promo and garbage pail kid promo.  If you receive a card and don't know where it came from it was me putting your name on the list. I am going back in the morning, if you give me your name and address, I will put you on Topps list.  (You have to be on the list to get a card they told me)

Thanks for doing this Joe!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »

Better going than gone.         

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2013, 07:13:03 PM »

Despite not having a big turnout at the Wacky table, This was a very enjoyable show for me, I was able to pick up 5 of the original series sets 5-9, Acquired a nice misc. lot of ans, flashback, and other single cards from Dave (Paul Maul). I'm happy to report that I will be helping 4 forum members on here with a promo pack and the ones that are related to Wacky's, As mentioned on here, The P-1 promo was not present there due to I believe a printing error or something like that. So as soon as I get those in my mailbox, Brian (Brute 88), John (Ruffs), Pat (Raw Goo), and Rob (Dr. Popper) will be the 4 I'm sending the stuff out to. I'd also like to Thank my Harrisburg Mom Roxanne Toser for holding one of the members cards for me til I got to the show.
I also picked up some very nice original series puzzles from Bigtomi (BTW Tom Thank you for those again). After Day One of the show was over, George, Joe L, and his wife Linda & I had a very nice dinner at the Logan Roadhouse and George let me camp out the night with him, We had fun talking about shows of the past, childhood memories of collecting Wacky's back in the 70's, etc. Day 2 I stepped into the show for just a half hr. to basically say good-bye to a few people and get another promo pack, But I believe they were out of the Halloween promo one. I certainly hope the spring show which by the way is May 3rd/4th will be a big turnout, A big Thank you goes out to Bill, Brian, Dave, George, Joe, Joe L, Marc, and Tom. Looking forward to seeing you all in "14".

Offline Swiski

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2013, 11:14:54 AM »
Anyone here have an extra Halloween Philly Show promo they are willing to sell me?

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »
There are some nice pics of the Halloween promo on eBay, should be another great set!!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »
And if there's still a list for Topps to take, for either or both promo's, please
add me to it, muchas gracias!

Offline quas

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »

Despite not having a big turnout at the Wacky table, This was a very enjoyable show for me, I was able to pick up 5 of the original series sets 5-9, Acquired a nice misc. lot of ans, flashback, and other single cards from Dave (Paul Maul). I'm happy to report that I will be helping 4 forum members on here with a promo pack and the ones that are related to Wacky's, As mentioned on here, The P-1 promo was not present there due to I believe a printing error or something like that. So as soon as I get those in my mailbox, Brian (Brute 88), John (Ruffs), Pat (Raw Goo), and Rob (Dr. Popper) will be the 4 I'm sending the stuff out to. I'd also like to Thank my Harrisburg Mom Roxanne Toser for holding one of the members cards for me til I got to the show.
I also picked up some very nice original series puzzles from Bigtomi (BTW Tom Thank you for those again). After Day One of the show was over, George, Joe L, and his wife Linda & I had a very nice dinner at the Logan Roadhouse and George let me camp out the night with him, We had fun talking about shows of the past, childhood memories of collecting Wacky's back in the 70's, etc. Day 2 I stepped into the show for just a half hr. to basically say good-bye to a few people and get another promo pack, But I believe they were out of the Halloween promo one. I certainly hope the spring show which by the way is May 3rd/4th will be a big turnout, A big Thank you goes out to Bill, Brian, Dave, George, Joe, Joe L, Marc, and Tom. Looking forward to seeing you all in "14".

Shoe - you are truly and consistently a class act!  Always nice to read such positive postings!
Marc

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »
Shoe - you are truly and consistently a class act!  Always nice to read such positive postings!

Thank you Marc, Appreciate the comments & compliment.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2013, 08:06:42 PM »
Had a great time at the show.  I was happy to meet old friends and make some new ones.  Brother shoe, I gotta tell you those three stooges impressions really cracked me up.  See you again in 2014

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2013, 08:20:17 PM »
Had a great time at the show.  I was happy to meet old friends and make some new ones.  Brother shoe, I gotta tell you those three stooges impressions really cracked me up.  See you again in 2014

Hey Joe, I "soitenly" look forward to seeing you & Linda in the spring.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 02:02:31 PM »
I have an extra Engstrom metal card from the Philly show. Just want my money back ($15). First PM gets it.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
Engstrom metal card sold.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2013, 06:44:30 AM »
There are some nice pics of the Halloween promo on eBay, should be another great set!!

It will be! Especially with your writing contributions!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2013, 07:40:41 AM »
It will be! Especially with your writing contributions!

Do we know if Topps sent out the P1 Wacky promo and GPK promo that we gave them our address for?? from the show?? haven't heard anything?thx

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »
Do we know if Topps sent out the P1 Wacky promo and GPK promo that we gave them our address for?? from the show?? haven't heard anything?thx

Hey Joe, I was wondering the same thing, I haven't gotten anything in my mailbox yet and I don't know what the hold up is, (But of course Look which company we are dealing with also). Those who I picked up the promos for at the show, I'll mail what I can out today and hopefully the P-1 promo will arrive soon at the Shoe mailbox. You shouldn't have to wait this long.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »

Hey Joe, I was wondering the same thing, I haven't gotten anything in my mailbox yet and I don't know what the hold up is, (But of course Look which company we are dealing with also). Those who I picked up the promos for at the show, I'll mail what I can out today and hopefully the P-1 promo will arrive soon at the Shoe mailbox. You shouldn't have to wait this long.
They did mention that the quality of the cards were no good and had to go back to the printer.  I would guess before Halloween.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »
Anyone here have an extra Halloween Philly Show promo they are willing to sell me?
Same here. Please PM me if you have an extra to sell.

anything