Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGES ON FUTURAMA  (Read 3072 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
WACKY PACKAGES ON FUTURAMA
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »
Tonight's episode of FUTURAMA (the penultimate episode), featured a quick Wacky Package mention. Dr Zoidberg is performing a delicate surgery when Bender barges in asking for medical attention on his busted leg. Zoidberg says he will have to make due with a "medical Wacky Pack" and hands him a BAND-APE sticker. I will see if I can grab a picture and post a little later.

Here is the video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwNnurIS5Qo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwNnurIS5Qo</a>
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:38:36 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: WACKY PACKAGES ON FUTURAMA
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 06:47:07 AM »
Tonight's episode of FUTURAMA (the penultimate episode), featured a quick Wacky Package mention. Dr Zoidberg is performing a delicate surgery when Bender barges in asking for medical attention on his busted leg. Zoidberg says he will have to make due with a "medical Wacky Pack" and hands him a BAND-APE sticker. I will see if I can grab a picture and post a little later.

Funny stuff, especially the cigs poking out the top!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »
There should be a Band Ape in ANS11!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:56:51 AM »
Funny stuff, especially the cigs poking out the top!

Thats what I thought on first look also, but on closer scrutiny, I think those were supposed to be ends of band-aids with the little air holes rather than cigarette filters... just slightly misproportioned band-aids, perhaps.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:01:46 AM by sco(o)t »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 10:34:11 AM »
Is this one of those subsets in an earlier version of a Simpsons Inkworks set?  I do
recall there was a small subset that had Wacky-like spoofs?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 12:48:53 PM »
Is this one of those subsets in an earlier version of a Simpsons Inkworks set?  I do

It was just a throw-off mention on last night's FUTURAMA episode. The picture was taken by pausing our DVR and taking a cell phone snapshot of it. It was on-screen, less than 2 seconds. For those unfamiliar, FUTURAMA is an animated show set in the Future from the same people who created  THE SIMPSONS. It is winding down to its last episode next week. It seems they kinda let the writers go wild these last 8 or 10 episodes and each show has lots of little references to other items having nothing whatsoever to do with the show. One of the writers must be a Wacky Packages fan and saw his opportunity to get one of his home-grown titles "published".

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 03:33:25 PM »
Packy Wacks

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 06:40:57 PM »
Added a video clip of the FUTURAMA Wacky Pack mention on the original post in this thread. Sorry for the bad sound quality.

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 07:34:39 PM »
Here is a rough sketch I proposed for a Wacky 'Ace Bandage' (which is close to the 'Band Ape' concept).
I had a couple versions... this one I went 'Planet of the Apes' for the older collectors among us. Some day I will paint up some of my rejected Wacky concepts (to hang on my wall). I'll give you guys a peek at them when I do.

I also have the set of Simpsons Wacky type stickers featuring Simpsons product parodies. A must in your collection if you call yourseld a Wacky fan.

Smokin' Joe