Author Topic: Old School reviews  (Read 15565 times)

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: Old School reviews
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 08:47:45 PM »
The Indian's knees on Land o Quakes are tits.  One of the oldest "tricks" we used to do is cut her from the butter box, fold it in such a way that her knees would appear behind the butter box she is holding so you can flip up the lid to see the tits in the box.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »
That site has some interesting examples, and a LOT that have waaaaay too much read into them. Think they might be a little obsessed... ;)

I found a liquor ad from a magazine years and years ago that had zillions of images in the ice. It is somewhere in the attic. When I did it out again I will scan it and we can play.

Back to Wackys: Man... now I'm dying to see what happens with Target. It would be really nice to know the exact day ANS7 comes out so I can be sure to be there every day when they open. And it would be really nice to know what retailers (e.g. Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) should have them.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 06:01:35 AM »
That site has some interesting examples, and a LOT that have waaaaay too much read into them. Think they might be a little obsessed... ;)

I found a liquor ad from a magazine years and years ago that had zillions of images in the ice. It is somewhere in the attic. When I did it out again I will scan it and we can play.

Back to Wackys: Man... now I'm dying to see what happens with Target. It would be really nice to know the exact day ANS7 comes out so I can be sure to be there every day when they open. And it would be really nice to know what retailers (e.g. Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) should have them.

I don't know what happens at your Target, but at mine new cards can site in the big brown boxes from Excell (the people that handle Target's cards) for days before anyone puts them up.  Fortunately, the cards are usually on the aisle farthest away from most of the cashiers at the Targets that I go to.  I don't mind opening up the big brown boxes to dig for Wackys.  I've done it numerous times.  One time I was in a store were the card section was on aisle 1 and there were 3 brown boxes there.  I asked the cashier if I could open them because I was looking for something.  She kind of gave me an odd look, but said to go ahead.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »
I hadn't noticed the Little Trash one was shaped like a trash bag! Wow! I think it was the "too small to see all the detail" effect again for me. Funny too since it is one of my faves -- the overall look is "spot on" and reminds me of the awesome Blam-o sticker (they go together somehow).

Agree 100% with you all on Bustedball -- especially the evil clown fiendish thing -- I thought the black guy was great but the white guy freaked me out a little. As was said above, his face doesn't fit for me -- should be exhausted/frustrated instead of chainsawingly evil. I think his face takes me out of the gag every time. Would have gone with exhausted/frustrated and added some @#$%! subtly around his head (swearing under his breath). The black guy is great -- fro, attitude, stance -- awesome.

And Spine-Sol looked great to me but was a weird gag.

Jim Mean not a fave of mine (mb too busy/font-y?) -- understand it and love the "since 2am" gag -- just not a fave.

The white guy on Bustedball reminded me of 'Jan Michael Vincent' actor from the 70's...also because I kinda looked like him...when he was mad...

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »
I don't know what happens at your Target, but at mine new cards can site in the big brown boxes from Excell (the people that handle Target's cards) for days before anyone puts them up.  Fortunately, the cards are usually on the aisle farthest away from most of the cashiers at the Targets that I go to.  I don't mind opening up the big brown boxes to dig for Wackys.  I've done it numerous times.  One time I was in a store were the card section was on aisle 1 and there were 3 brown boxes there.  I asked the cashier if I could open them because I was looking for something.  She kind of gave me an odd look, but said to go ahead.

Ooooh. Great idea!

If that didn't work I might go to the back-up plan where a confederate "accidentally knock something off a shelf" further away to distract any employees near the card aisle -- then I can make my move!

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »
Ooooh. Great idea!

If that didn't work I might go to the back-up plan where a confederate "accidentally knock something off a shelf" further away to distract any employees near the card aisle -- then I can make my move!

Now that's a plan!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »
A wacky plan.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
The Indian's knees on Land o Quakes are tits.  One of the oldest "tricks" we used to do is cut her from the butter box, fold it in such a way that her knees would appear behind the butter box she is holding so you can flip up the lid to see the tits in the box.

I don't know about that. I just printed the card and tried to fold it to produce such an effect that it didn't work. I tried different angles and such. I can see where a 13 year old mind would get his but not a 44 year old. I think you were just some horny teenagers when you saw the picture.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 06:46:59 AM »
I don't know about that. I just printed the card and tried to fold it to produce such an effect that it didn't work. I tried different angles and such. I can see where a 13 year old mind would get his but not a 44 year old. I think you were just some horny teenagers when you saw the picture.

When we did this when I was a kid, we didn't fold the box, we used a different method.  You start with a whole Land O Quakes butter box.  Then cut it up so the panel with the image of the Indian girl is separate from the rest of the box.  Make three small cuts around where the girl's breasts would be, one on the left, the right, and bottom, but don't cut across the top.  That way you create a flap that can be opened or closed.  Then take the image of the Indian girl from the other side of the box and cut out a small square around her knees.  Take the square of paper with the image of her knees on it and tape that behind the flap you've prepared on the first panel.  It needs to line up just right so only the "knees" show when you lift the flap.  And voila! It's actually pretty convincing. Yes, I'm female (and I guess I should note I never made one of these myself -- saw ones other people had made), but in late grade school anything slightly risque was fascinating stuff.  I also remember trying to nab copies of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers my friends' older siblings owned.  Never got my hands on Fritz the Cat, but I sure did try!  Wackys were in the same vein for me, although without any (or very little) sexual content.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:51:56 AM by Monsterettes »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 08:34:05 AM »
When we did this when I was a kid, we didn't fold the box, we used a different method.  You start with a whole Land O Quakes butter box.  Then cut it up so the panel with the image of the Indian girl is separate from the rest of the box.  Make three small cuts around where the girl's breasts would be, one on the left, the right, and bottom, but don't cut across the top.  That way you create a flap that can be opened or closed.  Then take the image of the Indian girl from the other side of the box and cut out a small square around her knees.  Take the square of paper with the image of her knees on it and tape that behind the flap you've prepared on the first panel.  It needs to line up just right so only the "knees" show when you lift the flip.  And voila! It's actually pretty convincing. Yes, I'm female (and I guess I should note I never made one of these myself -- saw ones other people had made), but in late grade school anything slightly risque was fascinating stuff.  I also remember trying to nab copies of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers my friends' older siblings owned.  Never got my hands on Fritz the Cat, but I sure did try!  Wackys were in the same vein for me, although without any (or very little) sexual content.   
Yup, you nailed it, this is exactly how it is done!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/