Author Topic: It's Official! Topps has sold out of OLDS  (Read 14024 times)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
Re: It's Official! Topps has sold out of OLDS
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 06:41:33 PM »
OLDS2 will be the 1970s. It's already set up. We will see going forward though. I finish up my ANS2010 assignments on Thursday so Friday is OLDS2 discussion day with Mike. We have some changes to make for the next series. I know the logo stickers and an inside the box poster will not be back. Got some real good ideas flowing.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »
Come on push the envelope and go with "rubik's pube" and show a bock with curly hair protruding from it!

LOL - I can see the tag-line now:  "Twist it 'til the carpet matches the drapes!!"
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
OLDS2 will be the 1970s. It's already set up. We will see going forward though. I finish up my ANS2010 assignments on Thursday so Friday is OLDS2 discussion day with Mike. We have some changes to make for the next series. I know the logo stickers and an inside the box poster will not be back. Got some real good ideas flowing.

Will there be random sketches? Any idea of the chase cards? I think you need to keep this up. How about 200 randomly inserted color sketches as a part of the bonus stuff?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »
LOL - I can see the tag-line now:  "Twist it 'til the carpet matches the drapes!!"

That is funnier then hell  :]
I think that would be great but you don't want to be overly adult gross either. It really does cross the line but still funny...LOL

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »
Will there be random sketches? Any idea of the chase cards? I think you need to keep this up. How about 200 randomly inserted color sketches as a part of the bonus stuff?

I don't want to announce any info until the promo flyer (should there be one) comes out or it's closer to the date we know the series will be released. This time no big delays are going to happen. There will be changes to the sketch cards but all for the better I think.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »
I have enough good material for at least 6 series from the 1970s (maybe more with how much packaging material MarvelJason  keeps locating. The 1960s have a ton of really cool products as well. I have started saving 80s material also. Hand held Mattel football would be awesome.

I say stay in the 60s/70s as long as possible!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
I don't want to announce any info until the promo flyer (should there be one) comes out or it's closer to the date we know the series will be released. This time no big delays are going to happen. There will be changes to the sketch cards but all for the better I think.

Maybe some Dave exclusive sketches? Can't wait!

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 02:29:20 PM »
  Come on push the envelope and go with "rubik's pube" and show a block with curly hair protruding from it!

Now that's funny! ^-^

anything