Author Topic: Topps Online Old School Boxes  (Read 7626 times)

Offline jeffcaff

Topps Online Old School Boxes
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:48:03 PM »
It seems like every time Topps appears to be running low on the Old School boxes, they pump a few hundred more for sale.  Having said this, I believe that Topps currently has under 100 boxes remaining.  For those of you who want to get a few more boxes, I believe that Topps will probably sellout this week.  I can't wait for Series Two in The Fall or Winter of 2010.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Topps Online Old School Boxes
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 01:52:11 PM »
It seems like every time Topps appears to be running low on the Old School boxes, they pump a few hundred more for sale.  Having said this, I believe that Topps currently has under 100 boxes remaining.  For those of you who want to get a few more boxes, I believe that Topps will probably sellout this week.  I can't wait for Series Two in The Fall or Winter of 2010.

I just looked and they have 123 listed on their site. I wonder if they have more waiting to add to the website? I ordered 12 more boxes (couldn't control myself) that will be here on Friday. I still can't believe that more colored or One-Off sketches from the poster haven't shown up. I think Topps may have more boxes to add to the site or all the good cards are still in the last 100 boxes :o
I just can't imagine how the colors and one-off's could be hidden from the forums or ebay without someone knowing about it. I realize there are people that collect that aren't on the forum but you would think someone from the forum would find out directly or indirectly. We have found a few that way.
Does anyone have an accurate count of the colored sketches that have surfaced?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 02:46:30 PM »
I just looked and they have 123 listed on their site. I wonder if they have more waiting to add to the website? I ordered 12 more boxes (couldn't control myself) that will be here on Friday. I still can't believe that more colored or One-Off sketches from the poster haven't shown up. I think Topps may have more boxes to add to the site or all the good cards are still in the last 100 boxes :o
I just can't imagine how the colors and one-off's could be hidden from the forums or ebay without someone knowing about it. I realize there are people that collect that aren't on the forum but you would think someone from the forum would find out directly or indirectly. We have found a few that way.
Does anyone have an accurate count of the colored sketches that have surfaced?
Down to 86 now. Could this be the final countdown?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 03:37:03 PM »
Down to 86 now. Could this be the final countdown?

Now "out of stock'

Could be the end.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »

Dave says there are a great many non-forum collectors buying Old School. I suppose some of them have no desire to cash in on the colored sketches like so many of us here. We probably won't ever account for all of the colored sketches. I have about 9 boxes that I have no plans to open anytime within this decade.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 07:48:57 PM »
Dave says there are a great many non-forum collectors buying Old School. I suppose some of them have no desire to cash in on the colored sketches like so many of us here. We probably won't ever account for all of the colored sketches. I have about 9 boxes that I have no plans to open anytime within this decade.

You already pulled a color from your box order. Chances are you don't have another in your lot. The colored sketches are hot now and may not be in a few months. Look at the guy that's been trying to sell the other colored non OLDS wacky sketch on eBay and no bites. The time is now to open and sell.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 08:10:57 PM »
You already pulled a color from your box order. Chances are you don't have another in your lot. The colored sketches are hot now and may not be in a few months. Look at the guy that's been trying to sell the other colored non OLDS wacky sketch on eBay and no bites. The time is now to open and sell.
I have three separate orders so there could still be any number of interesting sketches or even a colored sketch. I just want some sealed boxes for some day when all the rest are gone.

Now is probably the right time to sell sketches. I think things are going to change as more and more flood the market over the next few years.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 07:02:23 AM »
Topps still hasn't adjusted the numbers for boxes on their site. I wonder if this really means they are sold out? I would think so because they usually added more when their stock was low. We will soon find out.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 08:25:41 AM »
Well something really bizarre just happened. 15 minutes ago I checked the topps store for the first time in 4 or 5 days. The last time i checked they had over 250 boxes. Well to my dismay it said out of stock. So I called Topps and asked if they had more and the guy said that the last of what they have are being added as we speak. So I thanked him, and checked the total and sure enough the count was back up to 42 boxes. So the topps store sat sold out for at least 18 hours and they just happen to decide to update it just as I called. Well I went to look at my Paypal funds and within the 3 minutes I was screwing around someone bought 20 boxes. So with 22 left I purchased the last 22 boxes.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 08:29:34 AM »
Well something really bizarre just happened. 15 minutes ago I checked the topps store for the first time in 4 or 5 days. The last time i checked they had over 250 boxes. Well to my dismay it said out of stock. So I called Topps and asked if they had more and the guy said that the last of what they have are being added as we speak. So I thanked him, and checked the total and sure enough the count was back up to 42 boxes. So the topps store sat sold out for at least 18 hours and they just happen to decide to update it just as I called. Well I went to look at my Paypal funds and within the 3 minutes I was screwing around someone bought 20 boxes. So with 22 left I purchased the last 22 boxes.

Actually I just got an email from Leslie and she called Topps and they told her the same thing so she ordered 20 boxes. Good for you and good luck. I bought the last 26 that was on the site yesterday so we will both have to decide what to do with these boxes. It might make sense to keep them sealed but with so many colored not showing up these could contain treasures. What to do....What to do....

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 08:36:12 AM »
Actually I just got an email from Leslie and she called Topps and they told her the same thing so she ordered 20 boxes. Good for you and good luck. I bought the last 26 that was on the site yesterday so we will both have to decide what to do with these boxes. It might make sense to keep them sealed but with so many colored not showing up these could contain treasures. What to do....What to do....

Wow I'm surprised she didn't buy all 42 boxes. That definitely adds to the coincidence, her having the one colored sketch I still want. Anyway, me and my brother opened over 150 boxes without getting a colored sketch so to me it is clear to keep these sealed.

Offline weirdo1

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »
Hey.  A newbee here so go easy on me.  I bought 60 boxes yesterday afternoon and as soon as I got done I went back to the order page and it said sold out.  Before I ordered there was eighty-some left.  I bought 7 boxes early april, but no color sketch card.  I'm scared to read you opened so many with no colors.  Makes me wonder if I should open any of these I just bought.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 03:48:07 PM »
Hey.  A newbee here so go easy on me.  I bought 60 boxes yesterday afternoon and as soon as I got done I went back to the order page and it said sold out.  Before I ordered there was eighty-some left.  I bought 7 boxes early april, but no color sketch card.  I'm scared to read you opened so many with no colors.  Makes me wonder if I should open any of these I just bought.

Welcome to the forum! No need to worry about posting. So you were the guy that ordered the large lot of OLDS. I wasn't sure if it was a few people or just one collector. I purchased the last 26 last night when I saw the big drop.
Did you purchase any more between the 7 boxes and the 60 from yesterday? In those 7 boxes did you get any one-off B&W sketches such as on the poster? You will have to let us all know what you pull from the 60 boxes. Are you planning on opening them?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 03:50:43 PM »
I opened 52 boxes and got two colored sketches - it's all a crapshoot.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 03:51:13 PM »

Wow I'm surprised she didn't buy all 42 boxes. That definitely adds to the coincidence, her having the one colored sketch I still want. Anyway, me and my brother opened over 150 boxes without getting a colored sketch so to me it is clear to keep these sealed.

Send them to me and I will make sure you get a color sketch ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 03:55:27 PM »
I opened 52 boxes and got two colored sketches - it's all a crapshoot.

The thing is you bought them all at random times such at 8 boxes here, another week 10 boxes, and so on. Topps said there was one color in every 3 cases of 28 boxes so your odds are better ordering smaller QTY. It is a crapshoot! I got 2 colored in a 12 box order with only one B&W sketch between the 2 boxes. One case must have had the color on the bottom while the new case they opened had the color on the top. Total luck. With 60 boxes you may never know. You may have gotten 2 cases with the color and got lucky on the other 12 from another case that had a sketch on the bottom.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »
The thing is you bought them all at random times such at 8 boxes here, another week 10 boxes, and so on. Topps said there was one color in every 3 cases of 28 boxes so your odds are better ordering smaller QTY. It is a crapshoot! I got 2 colored in a 12 box order with only one B&W sketch between the 2 boxes. One case must have had the color on the bottom while the new case they opened had the color on the top. Total luck. With 60 boxes you may never know. You may have gotten 2 cases with the color and got lucky on the other 12 from another case that had a sketch on the bottom.
This is the first time I'm hearing about 28 box cases, or of the probability of 1 color sketch in 3 cases.  Was this posted anywhere here before the series sold out?

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »

I wouldnt worry too much. I know someone that got like 6 colored sketches in around 170 boxes.

Offline weirdo1

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »
I didn't buy any boxes between my original 7 and yesterday's 60.  The sketches were: Quacker Oats, nosepin dude, smoking penguin, aquax, gadzooka boy, 2 gadzooka teachers.  Just don't know if or how many of this box lot I'll open.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 05:30:51 PM »

I wouldnt worry too much. I know someone that got like 6 colored sketches in around 170 boxes.

Actually I got a count today and it's more like 312 boxes so that so that is about one in 52 boxes. I think the odds are 1 in 77. I don't have a calculator handy. The thing I am still wondering is was there a truck that destroyed several boxes or was that just a rumor?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 03:29:15 AM »
Actually I got a count today and it's more like 312 boxes so that so that is about one in 52 boxes. I think the odds are 1 in 77. I don't have a calculator handy. The thing I am still wondering is was there a truck that destroyed several boxes or was that just a rumor?
I think Dave reported that 5 boxes were destroyed in a truck fire.