Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS (2nd WAVE) COMING THURSDAY, 7/25/13!!!  (Read 28547 times)

Offline Soremel

Re: WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS (2nd WAVE) COMING THURSDAY, 7/25/13!!!
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2013, 07:58:28 AM »
Nope, that's an "as of yet" unreleased title...

YAY! Sneak Peak! :]

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2013, 08:08:40 AM »
Nope, that's an "as of yet" unreleased title...
woo hoo! I've got a Lost Wacky color sketch card.    :D

seems like PC7 went through some significant changes to the lineup before release

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2013, 08:28:35 AM »
I gotta say that after plunking down $520.00 you would think Topps would get it right, everyone talking about this sketch & that card & I get shit, not an email, no phone call, no apology nothing, I've seen 2 other Forum members this time around who had a problem, I mean what gives here. I'm sure Topps monitors the Forum so lets get with the program, DO YOU HEAR ME "WTF"

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »
I gotta say that after plunking down $520.00 you would think Topps would get it right, everyone talking about this sketch & that card & I get shit, not an email, no phone call, no apology nothing, I've seen 2 other Forum members this time around who had a problem, I mean what gives here. I'm sure Topps monitors the Forum so lets get with the program, DO YOU HEAR ME "WTF"

Did you email  storehelp@topps.com   ?   When I had a problem with a PC 9 LE set with no inserts that email did the trick. They got right back to me an issued a refund without asking for the set to be sent back.

Andrew

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »
I sent an email off to Topps today about my puzzle problem and within minutes got a response acknowledging receipt, that they'd look into it and let me know the solution.
so far, so good

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »
I emailed storehelp@topps on Friday at 3 PM, I got the auto generated response with a request # but why no live response if the are ther until 4PM.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2013, 11:50:22 PM »

I'm sure Topps monitors the Forum so lets get with the program, DO YOU HEAR ME "WTF"

If Topps is monitoring this forum, they should do a better job of it! And instead, they need to make some QC checklists for their Collating and Shipping Department. A simple check-off list would decrease or eliminate the incidents of missing items. OK, that’s my snide sarcastic remark ...

The artists who are members here might pass on suggestions from us, but I kind of doubt high level exec’s tune in, or else we would see more Wacky lents and fewer border variations    :]

And, while I am being a little critical -

I don’t like that I go to the Topps website to get an update and sometimes they send me to the Facebook website for the update. They don’t even provide a link – that seems weird. Not everyone is a Facebook aficionado.

As for Topps customer service, the magic trick website I frequent has a live chat feature where you can talk to a representative anytime during regular work hours. I know that's a lot to ask, but it seems Topps needs something like this. 

It’s such a specialized business, I kind of think Topps should have a message forum on their website, so customers / collectors could chime in with feedback. On the other hand, they always seem to sell what they make, so maybe they don’t see a lot of need for customer input. 

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2013, 03:22:29 AM »
If Topps is monitoring this forum, they should do a better job of it! And instead, they need to make some QC checklists for their Collating and Shipping Department. A simple check-off list would decrease or eliminate the incidents of missing items. OK, that’s my snide sarcastic remark ...

The artists who are members here might pass on suggestions from us, but I kind of doubt high level exec’s tune in, or else we would see more Wacky lents and fewer border variations    :]

And, while I am being a little critical -

I don’t like that I go to the Topps website to get an update and sometimes they send me to the Facebook website for the update. They don’t even provide a link – that seems weird. Not everyone is a Facebook aficionado.

As for Topps customer service, the magic trick website I frequent has a live chat feature where you can talk to a representative anytime during regular work hours. I know that's a lot to ask, but it seems Topps needs something like this. 

It’s such a specialized business, I kind of think Topps should have a message forum on their website, so customers / collectors could chime in with feedback. On the other hand, they always seem to sell what they make, so maybe they don’t see a lot of need for customer input. 

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATHE
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2013, 04:03:44 AM »
I think it would be helpful if they had a special customer service contact person/link for "online store exclusive" purchases.  Sometimes you get a person there who has no idea what product you're talking about, or why you want them to help ASAP, before they sell out.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2013, 05:38:59 AM »
I think it would be helpful if they had a special customer service contact person/link for "online store exclusive" purchases.  Sometimes you get a person there who has no idea what product you're talking about, or why you want them to help ASAP, before they sell out.

EXACTLY! That was my biggest concern ~ not being able to get the specific help/answers I needed before the limited edition product sold out ~ especially since, at the end of the rainbow, their is another limited product that (if I'm not mistaken) is only obtainable by buying ALL of the binder sets.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2013, 08:05:30 AM »
This is my concern also, a limited product that I could get shut out on, so I don't want to send the binders back, all I want is the situation remedied, I'm sure I'll hear from Topps on Monday morning but I unfortunately work so there's another day gone, 4 days!

Offline Soremel

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2013, 05:46:04 PM »
I had considered that, too. At this point, I'm going to see if Topps comes through with my puzzles. I've had good experiences with their customer service in the past so I'm going to see how this plays out!

UPDATE: I got home from a 3-day trip to find a package from Topps! They came through with flying colors to make sure that I received the missing puzzles from my binder set! If anyone from Topps is reading these threads THANK YOU!! :great:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2013, 05:47:23 AM »
I really like the art that was done for these, and as I said with the first batch, I hope it will be made available in it's entirety, without the logos blocking parts out.  We've not seen the art up for sale, nor have we seen scans of the art for either batch of binders, and I'm hoping it's because Topps is planning on offering (inexpensive!) posters or prints after the binder run is finished.  Maybe that could be an extra with the 17th binder? 

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2013, 11:08:55 AM »
Just got my shipment of binders! Am hoping that these are all intact  >:D
Opening them tonight....
Alex

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Just got my shipment of binders! Am hoping that these are all intact  >:D
Opening them tonight....
Alex

I don't know how you guys wait to open stuff. I have to open as soon as the UPS guy drops it off...LOL

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »
I don't know how you guys wait to open stuff. I have to open as soon as the UPS guy drops it off...LOL

Me too. I’m usually opening my stuff as I walk thru the front door, often using my car keys to rip thru tape

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »

I got these shipped to my workplace and my boss sits right behind me..... >(
Alex

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2013, 02:29:04 PM »
I got these shipped to my workplace and my boss sits right behind me..... >(
Alex

That's very unwacky...Your boss sounds like a real crudgemuffin.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »
Me too. I’m usually opening my stuff as I walk thru the front door, often using my car keys to rip thru tape

For better speed, get a small keyring Swiss Army knife - they work great!!  Also handy for opening up sealed boxes of trading cards and toys before they've been packed out at TRU, Walmart, Target, etc. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »
I kind of go into a special zone when I am opening these types of packages.  Hard to describe but very cool place to be. Part flashback/ part lottery / part art appreciation.

Andrew

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:46 AM »
Hmmmm....VERY few pictures of the sketches and no separate thread even with spoilers.....
Could it be that most people are still waiting for their binders?
A

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2013, 12:58:25 PM »
Hmmmm....VERY few pictures of the sketches and no separate thread even with spoilers.....
A

Sorry, I've been traveling on business and now have to go again so I can't do any scanning. I got mine last Friday.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2013, 01:10:08 PM »
A

Could it be that most people DON'T CARE???

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »
[/quote

Don't care about this thread? Don't care about taking pictures?
Don't care about the series and didn't buy them? Which don't care are you alluding to?
A

Offline Kook

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2013, 02:16:58 PM »

IMO, the sketches are unremarkable (or at least mine were & the few I've seen on ebay were). There are so few of them, and the price is so high, I would have thought we'd be wow'd. Instead, the sketches are just more sketches, and the sketch size has even been shrunk to boot. A blip on the wacky horizon.

It appears there are still 26 available on the topps website...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:19:08 PM by Kook »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2013, 02:34:23 PM »
[/quote

Don't care about this thread? Don't care about taking pictures?
Don't care about the series and didn't buy them? Which don't care are you alluding to?
A
The correct answer is C ... Don't care about the series and didn't buy them.  :o

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2013, 06:38:57 AM »
News Flash. Release B has now Sold Out!  Bring on Release C.

Andrew

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2013, 07:54:38 AM »
This is my concern also, a limited product that I could get shut out on, so I don't want to send the binders back, all I want is the situation remedied, I'm sure I'll hear from Topps on Monday morning but I unfortunately work so there's another day gone, 4 days!
UPDATE On Myself : After going back & forth with emails to topps about a track # that they could not find, I get a package via UPS on Friday afternoon from Devins Mass so I said OK here are my puzzles etc. , great so I open the package I get ONE SET of the puzzles' I ordered TWO sets of binders with no puzzle so I emailed topps & no response, I guess they don't work Fridays, NICE, now the binders are sold out so do I get stiffed on a puzzle set? Anyone have any comments or a similar situation ?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2013, 08:43:14 AM »
UPDATE On Myself : After going back & forth with emails to topps about a track # that they could not find, I get a package via UPS on Friday afternoon from Devins Mass so I said OK here are my puzzles etc. , great so I open the package I get ONE SET of the puzzles' I ordered TWO sets of binders with no puzzle so I emailed topps & no response, I guess they don't work Fridays, NICE, now the binders are sold out so do I get stiffed on a puzzle set? Anyone have any comments or a similar situation ?

They better have another puzzle set for you.If not, they need to refund you for one set, let you keep the second set of puzzleless binders AND keep their records that you purchased Two sets so you can get two 17th binders later if you keep buying two sets. Anything less would be heartless.

Andrew

Offline mykesbytes

« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2013, 09:20:12 AM »
The binders are up for sale again. I played around with the cart.......24 sets left. What's going on at Topps?

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »
Went to order another set of binders today and they have been taken down again.  You can't even find the image on their site.  Find it hard to believe that 24 sets sold out that quickly. Agreed.  Not sure what is going on with Topps these days. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
Went to order another set of binders today and they have been taken down again.  You can't even find the image on their site.  Find it hard to believe that 24 sets sold out that quickly. Agreed.  Not sure what is going on with Topps these days. 

Maybe they realized many of the binders they sent out were missing puzzles so they pulled them for that purpose?

Andrew

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »
Has anyone heard if Topps has confirmed a sell out on binders 5-8?  Strange.  Binders 1-4 are still on the page with the "sold out" caption. 

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2013, 03:34:37 AM »
Has anyone heard if Topps has confirmed a sell out on binders 5-8?  Strange.  Binders 1-4 are still on the page with the "sold out" caption. 

Have not - they are really disorganized

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2013, 03:56:17 AM »
They probably laid some folks off and changed job responsibilities like most companies are doing. My company just reduced customer service hours and laid off people from that dept.

Andrew