Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS (2nd WAVE) COMING THURSDAY, 7/25/13!!!  (Read 28460 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS (2nd WAVE) COMING THURSDAY, 7/25/13!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 03:24:54 AM »
Fed Ex tracking now updated showing I am scheduled to receive my binders tomorrow.

So I sold my second set of Binders 5 - 8 for $120 shipped. I sold the first set for $130 plus shipping and offered the buyer the same price for the second set. He told me he ordered the binders from Topps.

So it looks like binders alone will net about $30 each. I see a few sets languishing on ebay for $149.99 so I think we may have found the resale price but they may go lower. Time will tell. Hoping for a color sketch. I will be selling my second set of puzzles and hope to get around $140 - $160 on them so I can break even on my second set.

Andrew
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:29:17 AM by DrDeal »

Offline bwing

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »
Bought the first set of 4 but just can't seem to motivate myself to buy 5 through 8. 

$260 for 4 binders and a few exclusives - just too much for me.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 05:34:57 PM »
Bought the first set of 4 but just can't seem to motivate myself to buy 5 through 8. 

$260 for 4 binders and a few exclusives - just too much for me.

I haven't seen the new set of binders in person but from the small pics I have seen they might be better than the first 4. I know its expensive but not as expensive as they will be when you want a set of binders down the road.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 05:54:35 PM »
Has anyone received a shipping notification or even an indication from your Topps account that the binders were shipped yesterday?  My Topps account still show these as processing...
I received the shipping notice for my series 9 postcards one week *after* the postcards themselves had arrived at my door!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 12:09:48 AM »
If anyone gets their binders on Wednesday, let us know about the 'free gift' that Koduck had reported on in the first post!
Alex

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 04:24:41 AM »
If anyone gets their binders on Wednesday, let us know about the 'free gift' that Koduck had reported on in the first post!
Alex

I got my binders yesterday - the free gift is a random sketch card, like what they sent out with $100 orders when they were selling the April Fool's Day comics for "Wacky Packages Day."

I like this one (it's #161):

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:57:52 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »
I got my binders yesterday - the free gift is a random sketch card, like what they sent out with $100 orders when they were selling the April Fool's Day comics for "Wacky Packages Day."

I like this one (it's #161):

Cool!!! Something else to look forward to as the package slowly makes it's way to Callyfornie.....
Alex

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
Got mine yesterday, but opening them will have to wait, I'm off to Atlanta for the week.

The sketches look nice, though!

Offline Soremel

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »
I just received my Series 5-8 binders this morning. When I opened the box, I found the four binders, but no puzzles. The binders were neatly wrapped in brown paper and my invoice was in between the two binder packages. Are the puzzles shipped separately? When I received the Series 1-4 binders, the puzzles were inside their respective binders. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 02:04:27 PM »

Are the puzzles shipped separately?

Only when they forget to include them

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
I recieved one of the WP day sketches and one of the WP Comics sketches. I was very happy to get those cards. I had received one of the WP Day sketches with the comics but now have one example of each card. I am selling off my second WP day sketch card.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
I just received my Series 5-8 binders this morning. When I opened the box, I found the four binders, but no puzzles. The binders were neatly wrapped in brown paper and my invoice was in between the two binder packages. Are the puzzles shipped separately? When I received the Series 1-4 binders, the puzzles were inside their respective binders. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

My puzzles (both times) were in a sealed brown cardboard envelope, NOT inside the individual binders.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »
My puzzles (both times) were in a sealed brown cardboard envelope, NOT inside the individual binders.

Yeah, I realized after I posted that that's how mine came in my first binder order (in the sealed brown cardboard envelope)

I've already contacted Topps to see what I need to do.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2013, 03:26:55 AM »

Yeah, I realized after I posted that that's how mine came in my first binder order (in the sealed brown cardboard envelope)

The good news for you is the binders are not sold out so they can replace your puzzles. When I received a PC 9 LE set with just postcards and no other items all they could do was refund my payment as they were sold out.
I am confident you will be made whole here.  Its pretty rough to open a box and not get puzzles/ sketches when everyone else is. I feel for you. Hopefully you will get a color sketch in the replacement shipment  :)

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2013, 04:46:50 AM »

Hopefully they won't require you to ship back the binders - I had to pay to ship back some Old School boxes that were missing the envelopes. 

Offline Soremel

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2013, 05:37:18 AM »
Hopefully they won't require you to ship back the binders - I had to pay to ship back some Old School boxes that were missing the envelopes. 

According to Topps, they are going to send out the "missing parts" today ~ no mention of having to send the received binders back (phew!). My biggest concern was that I would have to send the binders back and have the binders sell out during the shipping interim and be totally out of luck!

Offline Kook

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2013, 05:40:04 AM »
According to Topps, they are going to send out the "missing parts" today ~ no mention of having to send the received binders back (phew!). My biggest concern was that I would have to send the binders back and have the binders sell out during the shipping interim and be totally out of luck!

You could purchase a new set now, and return the incomplete item for a refund if that did become an issue.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2013, 05:46:05 AM »
You could purchase a new set now, and return the incomplete item for a refund if that did become an issue.

I had considered that, too. At this point, I'm going to see if Topps comes through with my puzzles. I've had good experiences with their customer service in the past so I'm going to see how this plays out!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 08:21:18 AM »
Why isn't there a sketch spoiler thread yet? Are they that bad?
ive seen an ebay lot of the sketches for the last 2 days...
A

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2013, 10:35:45 AM »
Why isn't there a sketch spoiler thread yet? Are they that bad?
ive seen an ebay lot of the sketches for the last 2 days...
A

Here's a few that I did for series 7

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
Here's a few that I did for series 7

Good to see depictions of Wacky products that haven't been featured too much/endlessly on other sketches!
Like the details on Contac and Emptimo! Thanks Neil...
Alex

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
here are some of mine...

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »
here are some of mine...

Dude!! Those are Awesome!! I have the CRAM in the Middle Section with Teeth flying...supercool!!

Great Job!!

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 03:06:41 PM »
Got mine today! Had 2 of the 8th series binder and no 7th series binder >:D How do you mess that up? >(

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »
Matt's combo drawings for volume #3 were some of my favorite sketches from the first set of binders.
And he now he's added color sketches? Yippeeee....
Alex

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2013, 12:45:33 PM »
I got my binders last night, I figured I would wait till today to open them & I don't have puzzle pieces, sketch cards or bonus either. It figures, thats my luck so I called Topps & they are at a company event so noone to talk to, wrote an email, no response. now i guess I will sit & wait !!!!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »
Thanks guys, i appreciate it!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2013, 01:35:59 PM »
Sorry to hear it ruffs :(

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2013, 07:11:18 PM »
wow. totally forgot to look for the 'gifts' in my binders. Went and checked the big envelope, and there were the small ones still inside.

got 2 PC 7 sketches. Easily 2 of the best sketches I've pulled from all sets! Loving the Neil color, and Fred's has amazing tonal shading that is somewhat lost in the scan.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »
and also just noticed one of my 6th series puzzles is screwed up - I got 2 Upper Lefts and no Upper Middle.

anyone got my missing piece with the Wacky logo? we could trade. if not, off to Topps to try and correct this.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »

Here are my sketches. Pretty happy with my pulls.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2013, 03:12:31 AM »
wow. totally forgot to look for the 'gifts' in my binders. Went and checked the big envelope, and there were the small ones still inside.

got 2 PC 7 sketches. Easily 2 of the best sketches I've pulled from all sets! Loving the Neil color, and Fred's has amazing tonal shading that is somewhat lost in the scan.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice!!  Twister's Choice ended up in PC8.  I'm stumped on identifying the color sketch - methinks further edits will be needed for the master list.............

That stinks about the messed up puzzle pieces.  Did you at least avoid dupes on the puzzle sketch cards this time?

Offline Soremel

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2013, 05:49:08 AM »
Very nice!!  Twister's Choice ended up in PC8.  I'm stumped on identifying the color sketch - methinks further edits will be needed for the master list.............

That stinks about the messed up puzzle pieces.  Did you at least avoid dupes on the puzzle sketch cards this time?

Is it possible that Neil's color sketch is an interpretation of Scare Deal Notebook?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2013, 06:13:27 AM »
Is it possible that Neil's color sketch is an interpretation of Scare Deal Notebook?

Maybe, but if so, what postcard title does it go with?  From what I've seen, postcard sketches have generally involved postcard titles, even when Original Series characters are worked in.  The bottle top could be Killing Croc from PC6, but the worm seems out of place.  Maybe a pulled tequila title was involved?  PC7 sketches from the "funpacks" such as yielded this sketch have involved several titles now where the Wacky didn't make the PC7 set (Twister's Choice, Corn Flames and Clubbed).  Perhaps this is a fourth pulled/postponed title?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:18:39 AM by RawGoo »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2013, 07:57:23 AM »

Nope, that's an "as of yet" unreleased title...