Author Topic: Disgusted with TOPPS  (Read 24673 times)

Offline lucidjc

Disgusted with TOPPS
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »
I have reached my wits end. I placed an order for the RE postcards on June 30th, its July 9th. They should have been here 3 days later.

I have been unable to get ahold of anyone at Topps for days, i've called phone#s i've sent emails. No one has contacted me on this matter.

dont hold your breath, but i may be done with wackys, with all the money grabbing over new products and ridiculous chase sets. The price hikes, the swill sketches, the complete lack of customer service. It has gotten way out of hand, and I for 1 will not put up with it anymore.

Stick a fork in me boys, I'm done!  >:D

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Disgusted with TOPPS
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »
Go buy a nice 1st series white back on eBay, you'll feel better.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »
I have reached my wits end. I placed an order for the RE postcards on June 30th, its July 9th. They should have been here 3 days later.

I have been unable to get ahold of anyone at Topps for days, i've called phone#s i've sent emails. No one has contacted me on this matter.

dont hold your breath, but i may be done with wackys, with all the money grabbing over new products and ridiculous chase sets. The price hikes, the swill sketches, the complete lack of customer service. It has gotten way out of hand, and I for 1 will not put up with it anymore.

Stick a fork in me boys, I'm done!  >:D

I placed an order on Friday, 6/28 and have not seen a thing yet.  I'm starting to wonder if it's lost, and I dread trying to deal with Topps....

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »

I have reached my wits end.

Sorry for your understandable frustration Jim.

(I'm glad we don't depend on Topps to put food on our tables)

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 02:33:57 PM »
I bailed a long time ago on newer Wacky stuff.  trust me when I say you are better off from both a financial and sanity standpoint. The only time its tough is when people start posting pictures of and talking about newer items when they first come out.  it's hard not to be part of that, but that feeling of missing out does not last very long.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »
Sorry for your understandable frustration Jim.

(I'm glad we don't depend on Topps to put food on our tables)

I would not be able to work for a company like that.    

I mean, what the hell is this crap?   1-866-374-8266   is their "customer service number"  (the verizon wireless cust is not available at this time, please try your call again later)  A CELL PHONE IS CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR A MULTIMILLION DOLLAR COMPANY??? you've got to be joking?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 02:48:45 PM »
A CELL PHONE IS CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR A MULTIMILLION DOLLAR COMPANY???
Ah, but it's a REALLY NICE cell phone.

Sorry, man. Couldn't resist. I understand your frustration. It sucks being on the wrong end of Corporate America.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
Still waiting for a refund on the LE  PC set I purchased that only had the postcards. Emailed, Spoke to CS> Was told someone would call me from Topps OnLine. No one called. Sent back the cards.....Nothing.

Andrew

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »
Topps is usually excellent with shipping my items and more often than not (99% of the time) regular shipping affords delivery the very next day after placing an order. Last week (the 4th) I purchased 2 of the RE postcards and it isn't here as of yet which is rather odd.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »
Topps is usually excellent with shipping my items and more often than not (99% of the time) regular shipping affords delivery the very next day after placing an order. Last week (the 4th) I purchased 2 of the RE postcards and it isn't here as of yet which is rather odd.

My July 4th order still shows IN PROCESS status. No shipping number yet. Wonder what the holdup is?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »
I placed an order on the 27th and it still has not shipped yet.  Supposedly Topps has moved the Vault operations to NYC which has caused a few issues and the standard inventory is now warehoused in Massachusetts. There is a new Customer Service team starting today as well. The switch to FEDX will also slow things up a few more days. Topps was closed most of last week to celebrate the July 4th holiday. I am not making excuses for Topps but this may explain some of the recent delays. Hopefully, everything will run smoothly by the end of the week.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:21:56 PM »
I placed an order on the 27th and it still has not shipped yet.  Supposedly Topps has moved the Vault operations to NYC which has caused a few issues and the standard inventory is now warehoused in Massachusetts. There is a new Customer Service team starting today as well. The switch to FEDX will also slow things up a few more days. Topps was closed most of last week to celebrate the July 4th holiday. I am not making excuses for Topps but this may explain some of the recent delays. Hopefully, everything will run smoothly by the end of the week.

An E-mail, a phone call...some contact...any contact. But they sure as hell will make sure you get a LATEST RELEASE email so you dont miss spending any money, Screw getting the product to the customer.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »
I'm with Jeff. This move for Topps is really a mess for them. I don't know why it would have to be either. I broke down and ordered some RE sets also but haven't gotten any shipping info either. The postcards were all they had in NY so that is if you purchased any other product other than the PCs your order would have been delayed. I'm sure they shipped their batch of PCs to MA so that is what is holding things up, that and the fact it doesn't sound like they are ready to ship from MA because it would only take a day to ship the sets to MA.

Offline drono

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 07:51:38 PM »
I bought both sets along with an ANS10 binder on June 25th and nothing yet.  No shipping notification, but they did take my money from PayPal.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »
I bought both sets along with an ANS10 binder on June 25th and nothing yet.  No shipping notification, but they did take my money from PayPal.

Neil said if you order anything other than the PCs you will be waiting a while.

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 08:52:41 PM »
I also placed a order on 7/4/13 & it still shows processing,they don't answer messages,on a another order they didn't send me pcm cards over a month ago,that time they finally answered & said they would send them still waiting. don't know what kind a service they are giving this days. >(

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 05:25:28 AM »
My July 4th order still shows IN PROCESS status. No shipping number yet. Wonder what the holdup is?

Maybe they are too busy counting your money!!
Still looking for Series 17

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 05:35:13 AM »
                                                                                           TOPPS TOPPS FIZZ FIZZ OH WHAT BULLSHIT IT IS
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 05:23:02 PM »
                                                                                           TOPPS TOPPS FIZZ FIZZ OH WHAT BULLSHIT IT IS
LOL

I haven't done a LOL post in a long time and this was a perfect opportunity.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 05:32:15 PM »
LOL

I haven't done a LOL post in a long time and this was a perfect opportunity.
In my TOPP 25 for sure
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 07:50:33 PM »
In my TOPP 25 for sure

I can't wait to see the list :great:

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 09:42:20 PM »
off topic:

but still disgusts me.

When i saw this, i was thinking...is this what all these are going to be worth?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-Postcards-2012-Halloween-Series-Sealed-Limited-Edition-Set-/221250373906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33838cc912

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 06:15:34 AM »
An E-mail, a phone call...some contact...any contact.

Hi Jim,

I spoke with Mike Jaspersen and he wanted me to relay to everyone that they have a new email for Topps.com customer service. This is the best way to communicate with them until their move is complete:

storehelp@topps.com

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 07:13:30 AM »
Hi Jim,

I spoke with Mike Jaspersen and he wanted me to relay to everyone that they have a new email for Topps.com customer service. This is the best way to communicate with them until their move is complete:

storehelp@topps.com

That's GREAT!! I emailed them 3-4 weeks ago about the problem with my Series 3 Binder - THEY SENT ME THE WRONG PUZZLE CARDS AFTER I PAID SO MUCH FOR THAT SHIT...AND THEY HAVE YET TO ANSWER ME!!! SENT A FOLLOW-UP EMAIL AND NO REPLY SENT IT AGAIN!! STILL NO REPLY... WHAT SHOULD I DO AT THIS POINT PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKES!!!I AM SENDING IT AGAIN!! I THINK 'DPV' HAS IT RIGHT!!!
=================================================
OK!! MY LAST EMAIL WAS ANWERED - THEY MUST OF READ MY RANT!! THAT'S B/C LISA IS BACK - THANK GOD...TRY TO SEND EMAIL NOW ...NEVER KNOW.. ;D

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:56:59 AM by Hustler08 »

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 07:35:36 AM »

That's GREAT!! I emailed them 3-4 weeks ago about the problem with my Series 3 Binder - THEY SENT ME THE WRONG PUZZLE CARDS AFTER I PAID SO MUCH FOR THAT SHIT...AND THEY HAVE YET TO ANSWER ME!!! SENT A FOLLOW-UP EMAIL AND NO REPLY SENT IT AGAIN!! STILL NO REPLY... WHAT SHOULD I DO AT THIS POINT PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKES!!!I AM SENDING IT AGAIN!! I THINK 'DPV' HAS IT RIGHT!!!

A STINGING Testamonial                       I ordered a Halloween binder they sent me 1 damaged in numerous places so the replacement binder came ONLY damaged in one spot, must have been packed by Mr. Magoo            
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:07:00 PM by deadpresidentsvisa »

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 08:28:44 AM »
Something as simple as a generic email stating a delay in shipping orders placed between such and such days would help a situation rather than taking our money and leaving the status up in the air.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 11:58:07 AM »
A STINGING Testamonial                       I ordered a Halloween binder they sent me 1 damaged in numerous places so the replacement binder came ONLY damaged in one spot must have been packed by Mr. Magoo           

I WOULD GO WITH ELMER FUDD.... :o :o :o

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 01:06:26 PM »

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Great job!! Mr. Nutty - that's FUNNY!!Love Jay's guy!!esp. the horn!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »
Something as simple as a generic email stating a delay in shipping orders placed between such and such days would help a situation rather than taking our money and leaving the status up in the air.

If I don't hear something very soon, I'll probably cancel my order.  Tomorrow will be two weeks, and I'm now extra ticked off because I could have ordered them at the discount last weekend if I was going to have to wait this long.

Offline drono

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 08:04:26 AM »
Neil said if you order anything other than the PCs you will be waiting a while.

So the pricing 52.99 + 39.99 = 92.98 was especially designed to get us to either buy something else or pay the shipping costs?  I only ordered the binder to save the shipping costs.  I figured if it was going to cost me $15 to ship, why not buy the binder for $19.99 and then I've only really paid $5 for it.  I don't mind waiting if as long as I know I'm going to it.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 08:42:50 AM »
I quit ordering via ShopTopps after I ordered the last Wacky Packages comics April Fools issue and never attempted to send it.

anything