Author Topic: Disgusted with TOPPS  (Read 24821 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Disgusted with TOPPS
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 10:07:59 AM »
Hi Jim,

I spoke with Mike Jaspersen and he wanted me to relay to everyone that they have a new email for Topps.com customer service. This is the best way to communicate with them until their move is complete:

storehelp@topps.com

Last night I forward my previous email to the above email and today got a reply and a refund. Nice!

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 10:46:25 AM »
So the pricing 52.99 + 39.99 = 92.98 was especially designed to get us to either buy something else or pay the shipping costs?  I only ordered the binder to save the shipping costs.  I figured if it was going to cost me $15 to ship, why not buy the binder for $19.99 and then I've only really paid $5 for it.  I don't mind waiting if as long as I know I'm going to it.

Right. Because you ordered the binder it slowed down the whole order for you. Topps only had the PC's in NY and the rest of their inventory was shipped to MA. Now you have to wait for Topps to send the extra PC's to MA so they can put together your total order. It's kind of a mess right now.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »
I'm not at the point yet where I'll cancel my order of two R.E. postcard sets but I don't believe it is too much for Topps to keep us abreast of the situation. My thinking is if you can take my money as soon as I order, you can send me tracking info or other info pertaining to any circumstances which may delay my item(s) arriving. Perhaps if I was accustomed to waiting more than a week for delivery I wouldn't be concerned but that isn't the case.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 12:51:46 PM »
So the pricing 52.99 + 39.99 = 92.98 was especially designed to get us to either buy something else or pay the shipping costs?  I only ordered the binder to save the shipping costs.  I figured if it was going to cost me $15 to ship, why not buy the binder for $19.99 and then I've only really paid $5 for it.  I don't mind waiting if as long as I know I'm going to it.

"Yessss... that's exactly how we want you to think"   - Unamed Topps Executive    

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:46 PM »
a few days or a week delay and folks are ready to quit?

I guess no one remembers the wait for OLDS 1 anymore.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 04:43:53 PM »
a few days or a week delay and folks are ready to quit?

I guess no one remembers the wait for OLDS 1 anymore.

Its not a matter of waiting, it the matter of taking your money......and nothing!  No shipping info, nothing. Then when you try to contact the company and all you get is a recorded msg, and then after waiting over an hour on the phone, being told that there is nothing they can do, and heres a e-mail you can write to. WTF

oh, the e-mails go unanswered.

With OLDS 1, at least you knew what was going on.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »
But will there still be a way when there's a pre-order date to pre-order Wacky Packages Old School series 5 when it gets released by December 2013?

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 06:56:13 PM »
But will there still be a way when there's a pre-order date to pre-order Wacky Packages Old School series 5 when it gets released by December 2013?
errr, what?

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 09:06:34 PM »
Its not a matter of waiting, it the matter of taking your money......and nothing!  No shipping info, nothing. Then when you try to contact the company and all you get is a recorded msg, and then after waiting over an hour on the phone, being told that there is nothing they can do, and heres a e-mail you can write to. WTF

I agree - they shouldn't be charging our cards if they can't ship the product in a timely manner.  Amazon doesn't charge you anything until their packages are out the door; seems like online selling 101 to me.

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 01:51:25 AM »
I have reached my wits end. I placed an order for the RE postcards on June 30th, its July 9th. They should have been here 3 days later.

I have been unable to get ahold of anyone at Topps for days, i've called phone#s i've sent emails. No one has contacted me on this matter.

dont hold your breath, but i may be done with wackys, with all the money grabbing over new products and ridiculous chase sets. The price hikes, the swill sketches, the complete lack of customer service. It has gotten way out of hand, and I for 1 will not put up with it anymore.

Stick a fork in me boys, I'm done!  >:D

I know EXACTLY how you feel!  I have been trying for well over 3 MONTHS now to get a couple of the GPK BNS2 gold border cards replaced and after all this time they LOST the ones I sent in, one of which being the "Protestin' Preston" (AKA - Adam Bomb) and another I can't remember the name of.  After my 7th phone call and waiting for an hour and being disconnected and another 45 minutes I think this MAY have finally been resolved.

Of course I am not getting my Protestin' Preston back!  Instead they are going to send me 3 "randomly picked" golds in place of the 2 they LOST!

NOT A FAIR REPLACEMENT!!!  The Preston card alone is worth about 4 to 5 regular gold borders from this series so I really should be getting 5 or 6 golds, PLUS some extra items for all of the time I have wasted on this!

Now this doesn't even include the additional 18 packs that were missing and of the "hits" or "chase" cards!  This they tried to resolve by sending me 18 Dollar Tree 4 card packs that DO NOT contain and insert cards!  I was able to pry 4 packs out of the 18 that should have been replaced, so I guess that is kind of a win with Topps "customer" support people!

I do have extra packs of the Dollar Tree store 4 cards packs if anyone is interested.  PM me if you are interested and we can talk numbers.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to dropping Topps as well for the blatant screw-ups with the BNS2 series and other major issues with customer service, or lack there of, but everytime I think I am done with them some cool new series comes out!  I am REALLY looking forward to the GPK Chrome series and the upcoming Mars Attacks! Invasion series.  I have 4 Chrome cases and at least 3 or 4 cases of both reserve for pre-order.

I'll have extra sets, subsets, etc.  So if there is anything you may need the second half of October just PM me and I'll help you out as much as I can!

Take care everybody!!!

Michael

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »
I agree - they shouldn't be charging our cards if they can't ship the product in a timely manner.  Amazon doesn't charge you anything until their packages are out the door; seems like online selling 101 to me.

Ask yourself why Amazon uses such a practice. Everyone remains happy and it is a win/win situation. The customer wants his item and the company wants your money. Generally speaking people don't like to pay for something and then have the status of the item remain in limbo.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »

Generally speaking people don't like to pay for something and then have the status of the item remain in limbo.

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2013, 08:14:19 AM »
Its not a matter of waiting, it the matter of taking your money......and nothing!  No shipping info, nothing. Then when you try to contact the company and all you get is a recorded msg, and then after waiting over an hour on the phone, being told that there is nothing they can do, and heres a e-mail you can write to. WTF

I guess I remember completely differently.
I remember topps taking our money in August '09 and then not telling us diddly-sh1t for the next 6 months.
if it wasn't for Dave Gross going out of his way to placate our frustrations, we would have never had a clue what in the world was going on.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:20:28 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
I guess I remember completely differently.
I remember topps taking our money in August '09 and then not telling us diddly-sh1t for the next 6 months.
if it wasn't for Dave Gross going out of his way to placate our frustrations, we would have never had a clue what in the world was going on.

The wait for Old School 1 was because it was a pre-order, and while Topps certainly should have done a better job keeping customers apprised of the status, we got a nice discount for pre-ordering when we knew the product wasn't ready.  I think there were posters given to us because of the wait. 

What has me steamed now is placing an order on 6/28 at full price for a product they're advertising as in stock, and getting no info at all.  I realize people on the west coast expect a week or more for delivery, but I am in New York, and for an order to take more than 2 weeks with no email explanation at all is annoying.  Usually, if I place an order on a Friday, it's here by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.  How am I to know whether it was misdirected or lost?  And, I have refrained from buying or trading sketch stickers because of my pending order.  Had I known there was going to be such a delay, I would have just looked around on ebay, and then maybe ordered at the sale price for the 4th of July.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »
The OLDS1 wait ended up happening because the printer screwed up all the cards. They die-cut through them so they all had to be redone. The other issue was it was the first time they did a pre-sale and no one really calculated how much before the cards were to be printed should you really hold a pre-sale.

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2013, 03:49:43 AM »
Hello everyone,has anyone here received a response from Topps about their orders? I still haven't. :sad:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:45:27 AM by HENRY.R »

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
No but I finally received my order this morning and I can already tell this new way of shipping and such is going to be a cluster frig. Apparently I ordered these cards on 7/11/13 (according to the invoice) although I seem to remember buying them on the Forth of July.

Once before it appeared to be workers in N.Y.C. putting the orders together and now it is Quiet Logistics. For some reason I fear it turning into the debacle known as Digital River used by Mattel.

On a side note the sketches are nice:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »
No but I finally received my order this morning and I can already tell this new way of shipping and such is going to be a cluster frig. Apparently I ordered these cards on 7/11/13 (according to the invoice) although I seem to remember buying them on the Forth of July.

Once before it appeared to be workers in N.Y.C. putting the orders together and now it is Quiet Logistics. For some reason I fear it turning into the debacle known as Digital River used by Mattel.

On a side note the sketches are nice:

I just got my tracking from the 4th sale. Mine shipped on the 11th as well. Looks like everyone will be getting their stuff within the next few days.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
Still no package, no e-mail, no tracking, no contact. See where i'm headed?

NO MORE TOPPS!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »
I still don't have my 6/28 order   >:D >:D >:D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 02:57:13 PM »
I still don't have my 6/28 order   >:D >:D >:D

I sent storehelp an email asking for tracking. I got a reply back in about and hour.

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2013, 02:59:29 AM »
I finally got a response from topps,thanks to koduck that posted this email for problems with topps.storehelp@topps.com,I sent a message using this new email this morning,within a couple of hours,received a response from Lisa,she actually sounds like she is going to help out & said she would get my order out by Wednesday (about time) & work on a second problem I had with topps over a month ago.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2013, 06:12:22 AM »
I finally got a response from topps,thanks to koduck that posted this email for problems with topps.storehelp@topps.com,I sent a message using this new email this morning,within a couple of hours,received a response from Lisa,she actually sounds like she is going to help out & said she would get my order out by Wednesday (about time) & work on a second problem I had with topps over a month ago.

Lisa is great they just hired her back...very responsive and professional!!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2013, 06:58:22 AM »

Just a quick note... I believe the correct address is:  storehelp@topps.com    (without the "topps." in front). Not trying to pick a nit, just wanted to make sure people had the correct address so wouldn't become even more frustrated when they receive a delivery failure.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2013, 08:03:49 AM »
Just a quick note... I believe the correct address is:  storehelp@topps.com    (without the "topps." in front). Not trying to pick a nit, just wanted to make sure people had the correct address so wouldn't become even more frustrated when they receive a delivery failure.

that is correct worked for me,...

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »

Topps executives might need to start wearing some of their old disguises when going out in public     ;D

(1967, Norm Saunders)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »
It does suck to wait this long but I sure hope Topps has it all squared away now. I'm waiting just like everyone else and I hate to wait >:D

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »
It does suck to wait this long but I sure hope Topps has it all squared away now. I'm waiting just like everyone else and I hate to wait >:D

Here was the reply to my inquiry about my July 4th order of 9th series postcard bird edition sets...

"So sorry for the long delay. We just completed a move of our offices and warehouse. We are catching up but the item you ordered is still back ordered at this time. If you would prefer not to wait then I will be happy to refund your payment. If you can wait then item will ship to you by middle of next week. We apologize again. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Lisa"

First time it was mentioned these were on back order. It would take literally seconds to update the website, Topps.   :021:

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2013, 05:59:54 PM »
I emailed Topps again today, using the posted address.  Lisa wrote back within 4 hours and told me that my order from July 5th (which showed a status of "processing") had in fact shipped and was scheduled to arrive today.  Sure enough, FedEx dropped it off tonight.  And for once, I was truly happy with my sketches!  I ordered 3 of the "Birds" sets and got nice color sketches in all three sets.  I must say though, it appears from what I pulled and what's been posted that the sketch stickers were, on the whole, better drawn and more detailed than the more expensive LE sketch cards.  I'm happy that the sticker sketches are so cool, but it does seem kind of backwards from a marketing standpoint. 

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »
I emailed Topps again today, using the posted address.  Lisa wrote back within 4 hours and told me that my order from July 5th (which showed a status of "processing") had in fact shipped and was scheduled to arrive today.  Sure enough, FedEx dropped it off tonight.  And for once, I was truly happy with my sketches!  I ordered 3 of the "Birds" sets and got nice color sketches in all three sets.  I must say though, it appears from what I pulled and what's been posted that the sketch stickers were, on the whole, better drawn and more detailed than the more expensive LE sketch cards.  I'm happy that the sticker sketches are so cool, but it does seem kind of backwards from a marketing standpoint. 

I am glad you got your order and this is not sour grapes about that but, WTF Topps? I placed an order on July 4th and mine is on back order for at least another week. Others here report ordering  the same item on July 5th and 6th and are getting them today. What did they do, come back from a four day weekend and process the newest orders first? I really hope someone from Topps checks this forum out occasionally, if only to see how messed up their ordering system is. Maybe they should put Lisa in charge of sales. She seems to be the only one that doesn't have their head...CLICK
We now return you to the regular scheduled bitching and complaining.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »

I am glad you got your order and this is not sour grapes about that but, WTF Topps? I placed an order on July 4th and mine is on back order for at least another week. Others here report ordering  the same item on July 5th and 6th and are getting them today. What did they do, come back from a four day weekend and process the newest orders first? I really hope someone from Topps checks this forum out occasionally, if only to see how messed up their ordering system is. Maybe they should put Lisa in charge of sales. She seems to be the only one that doesn't have their head...CLICK
We now return you to the regular scheduled bitching and complaining.

Well Pat ordered hers on 6/28 and i ordered mine on 6/30...i dont know if she got hers, but i still didnt get mine. We both live in NY, shes close to topps, i'm 5 hours away NOT 17+days away!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »
Well Pat ordered hers on 6/28 and i ordered mine on 6/30...i dont know if she got hers, but i still didnt get mine. We both live in NY, shes close to topps, i'm 5 hours away NOT 17+days away!

My speculation is that many orders got "stuck" in their system and this is a case of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". The people who complained first, had their orders looked at and processed or nudged. At some point, they ran out of Postcard 9 RE sets and now they are on backorder. Like I said, just speculation but seems to fit. What a way to run a business.  :sign0098:  <-  That's me with my sarcasm sign. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2013, 03:25:14 AM »

My email last week went unanswered, but they responded to my Monday evening email asking about the status of my order by just refunding my money yesterday, which surprised the heck out of me since I never mentioned a refund.  I'm actually OK with that - now I'll probably look around for some sketches that grab me, and when Topps get their shipping process back in shape, I can re-order if I want to.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2013, 08:27:53 AM »
My email last week went unanswered, but they responded to my Monday evening email asking about the status of my order by just refunding my money yesterday, which surprised the heck out of me since I never mentioned a refund.  I'm actually OK with that - now I'll probably look around for some sketches that grab me, and when Topps get their shipping process back in shape, I can re-order if I want to.

That's basically what I ended up doing. I wanted three sticker/sketches... one of each shape. I cancelled the back ordered items with Topps and picked up sticker/sketches I liked from ebay.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »
I was talking to my son, who has been watching past episode of BREAKING BAD, about our recent woes with Topps. His analogy, "it sounds like you are all a bunch of addicts who can only get your meth from Heisenberg". I guess we all are bound to Topps in that regard.   

anything