Author Topic: Postcard series 9 discussion. (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 16158 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Postcard series 9 discussion. (Possible Spoilers)
« on: June 27, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »
I thought I would kick things off as to my favorite PC9 cards. I think this series is really well done and really like most of the art. My favorite is the Beast. Howl comes in with a close second but the card that rally made me laugh is Booty Pebbles. That is funny!
I do like the stamps but I hope they offer something different with each series because stamps have been used before. I used my second set of stamps to mail 8 bills..LOL
I'm a huge fan of the postcards. Maybe because they are easier to view at my old age. I like the larger cards. Maybe Topps can do an ANS series in the larger format?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

Re: Postcard series 9 discussion. (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »
quote author=BumChex link=topic=3006.msg60681#msg60681 date=1372381971
Hey please post a scan of Booty Pebbles..................
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:25:29 PM »
Here are my sketches. Funny thing, I have been wanting a Smokin' Joe Dr. Puffer, and what do you know!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:02:14 PM »
Here are my sketches. Funny thing, I have been wanting a Smokin' Joe Dr. Puffer, and what do you know!

I think you did great. Those are all really nice and all PC9 characters. Lucky!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 10:19:01 PM »
I think you did great. Those are all really nice and all PC9 characters. Lucky!

Dr. Puffer was series 8.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 05:32:48 AM »
Uh oh...I'm in trouble! I was in obsessive love with that Monster Thigh doll from ANS10. It took weeks of expensive therapy to get her out of my mind. Now seeing both Wilma and Betty on the Booty Pebbles box with extremely curvaceous bodies is going to put me over the edge!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 07:39:54 AM »
Uh oh...I'm in trouble! I was in obsessive love with that Monster Thigh doll from ANS10. It took weeks of expensive therapy to get her out of my mind. Now seeing both Wilma and Betty on the Booty Pebbles box with extremely curvaceous bodies is going to put me over the edge!!

HaHa!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 07:40:19 AM »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 06:06:39 AM »
Here are the postcards:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:08:38 AM by RawGoo »

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 06:44:22 AM »
                                                             POSTCARD 9                   MY TOP THREE                            NO PARTICULAR ORDER
                                                                      1.HUNGRY BUNCHES OF GOATS       2.ENGLAND'S BEAST       3.HOWLS
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »
I think my favorite thing about this set is the Corn Flames Chicken. Love the flames in place of the comb and great rendering and expression.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 07:17:44 AM »
I think my favorite thing about this set is the Corn Flames Chicken. Love the flames in place of the comb and great rendering and expression.

I like that one too because it has the classic Wacky-ness where the subject doesn't appear to actually be on fire - it looks like a gag.

England's Beast is pretty neat imo.

Anyone else notice the same gag line on two different cards? Never seen that before!

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »
Maybe no cereal parodies for the PC series 10

Offline 7-Pup

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 03:03:43 AM »
I think this was a great set. Love England's Beast, first ever poultry egg title. I also like the postage stamps. Is it possible stamps will be included with all future postcard sets including Halloween sets?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 03:00:44 PM »
didn't realize you were into freaks and mutants as well as booty - that Wilma has 4 fingers on her left hand!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »
didn't realize you were into freaks and mutants as well as booty - that Wilma has 4 fingers on her left hand!

As verified by documentaries on the various cartoon channels, all cavemen had 4 fingers before they evolved the 5th one during the Ice Age. At least thats what we was learned in skool.

Seriously though, I went to a Catholic School until grade six and remember the nuns teaching us that men have 12 sets of ribs and females have 13. For awhile, I  wondered why, on cop shows, why they had to wait for lab results to determine whether found remains where from a male or female. I used to think, why don't they just count the ribs. Nuns is crazy people.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:26:10 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 03:35:54 PM »
As verified by documentaries on the various cartoon channels, all cavemen had 4 fingers before they evolved the 5th one during the Ice Age. A
I vaguely recall that there might have been a Simpsons where someone projected the future evolution of man might grow a 4th finger? or maybe it was some other show.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
As verified by documentaries on the various cartoon channels, all cavemen had 4 fingers before they evolved the 5th one during the Ice Age. At least thats what we was learned in skool.

Seriously though, I went to a Catholic School until grade six and remember the nuns teaching us that men have 12 sets of ribs and females have 13. For awhile, I  wondered why, on cop shows, why they had to wait for lab results to determine whether found remains where from a male or female. I used to think, why don't they just count the ribs. Nuns is crazy people.
No Bam Bam for little fruity Pebbles

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »

There were no uses for a fifth finger until the British decided that a pinky must be raised when slurping soup...
A

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 05:27:31 PM »
There were no uses for a fifth finger until the British decided that a pinky must be raised when slurping soup...
A

I thought it was the middle finger that evolved out of necessity when the car was invented. Silly me

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself, I am Dustin Graham from Santa Cruz California,
I am a new artist with Topps and I did sketch cards
for the postcards 9 series and the upcoming ANS11 set,
I had so much fun and I hope everyone enjoys the ones I created
here's to hoping to do more and more!

here is my 1st color return, he is up on ebay item#251298205649

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:06:23 AM by wackydustin »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 11:25:28 AM »
Dustin, very cool, a wonderful mini painting.  Congrats on working for Topps and nice work on the sketch cards.

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »
Dustin.......nice work with the FB,i'm Lance reside in Joliet,ILLinois most of the year and I have a timeshare in Manhattan,Kansas of all places           YOUR   CO/AD

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »
thanks vfx2g and Lance!
I am a long time lover of Topps and the entertainment series
so excited to meet you guys and to be apart of this forum!
Wack On!

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
thanks vfx2g and Lance!
I am a long time lover of Topps and the entertainment series
so excited to meet you guys and to be apart of this forum!
Wack On!
Check out the Unique Wacky Art threads............Jay and Matt created some outstanding pieces !!!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 05:01:55 PM »
Welcome, Dustin. That is a wonderful sketch!

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »
Dustin.......nice work with the FB,i'm Lance reside in Joliet,ILLinois most of the year and I have a timeshare in Manhattan,Kansas of all places           YOUR   CO/AD

WOW!! I just moved from Junction City,KS about 15 minutes from Manhattan,nice peaceful town,except for some Hail & tornados jumping on the outskirts,its a nice & peaceful town,I now live in California.

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
WOW!! I just moved from Junction City,KS about 15 minutes from Manhattan,nice peaceful town,except for some Hail & tornados jumping on the outskirts,its a nice & peaceful town,I now live in California.
KooL                           my post was just having some fun            Manhattan,Ks is a safe haven for the creative eccentrics at least 1 anyway

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
Nice sketch, Dustin! Looking good!  :great:

I used to go to Santa Cruz back in the day, before the crowds - loooooong ago...

Was noticing that your initials match David Gross - now I'm wondering if the sketch card I got in PC9 was yours or his? I am not familiar enough with the sigs to know:

[expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/Wackys/WackyPC9_DavidGrossGloomyBears.jpg[/expando]

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »

Was noticing that your initials match David Gross - now I'm wondering if the sketch card I got in PC9 was yours or his? I am not familiar enough with the sigs to know:

that's David Gross.  Dave signs cursive and Dustin's are print script

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »
Thanks everyone!
yep that is a tasty David Gross sketch,
mine say DGRAHAM on them

here's an example
this is one of my cards
this one is not a return and on ebay under item# 321155222089

« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:07:41 AM by wackydustin »

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »
quote author=BumChex link=topic=3006.msg60681#msg60681 date=1372381971
Hey please post a scan of Booty Pebbles..................
Booty Pebbles is worth 3.71 market will dictate the worth             See Leslie always right the cheaper the better

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »
Here's another one of my painted return cards...
ebay item #251302153766

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 06:08:55 PM »
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself, I am Dustin Graham from Santa Cruz California,
I am a new artist with Topps and I did sketch cards
for the postcards 9 series and the upcoming ANS11 set,
I had so much fun and I hope everyone enjoys the ones I created
here's to hoping to do more and more!

here is my 1st color return, he is up on ebay item#251298205649

(Image removed from quote.)

I am now the proud owner of your first color return. I'm surprised it went so low. The sketch market prices have been dropping lately as a couple collectors have been MIA. It is also the summer and people are busy.

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 08:08:33 PM »
Cool BumChex! I'm glad it went to a happy home and thanks for the heads up!  :great: