Author Topic: Postcards Series 9 Sketch Spoilers  (Read 42993 times)

Offline Joe G.

Re: Postcards Series 9 Sketch Spoilers
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »
Since artist are showing returns here's a bunch of mine:

Offline Swiski

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2013, 10:20:08 AM »
Here are my pulls from today. I'm very pleased with the results except for repeat titles.

How did you get these so fast? They just lifted the 3 minimum yesterday, and you posted your first pulls. Quick shipping!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

Joe, Nice! I didn't know you had any talent...LOL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2013, 10:42:59 AM »
How did you get these so fast? They just lifted the 3 minimum yesterday, and you posted your first pulls. Quick shipping!!

I overnighted them.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2013, 10:44:56 AM »
Joe, Nice! I didn't know you had any talent...LOL

Brad, thanks, I think.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
Brad, thanks, I think.
Just a joke Joe! I don't have any talent...HaHa

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »

Nice work Joe. You been hidin' some talent on this here forum.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
Nice work Joe. You been hidin' some talent on this here forum.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »
Wow,Ive dealt with you before,but you talent on sketches,are outstanding,very nice,keep up the nice work. Henry :great:

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »
Wow,Ive dealt with you before,but you talent on sketches,are outstanding,very nice,keep up the nice work. Henry :great:

Henry thanks so much, I will.  It's great to see you active on the forum.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »
Hey guys... I decided to list two of my sketch card pulls on eBay, including the Brent Engstrom/Smokin Joe artist's jam supersize sketch card I was lucky enough to get.  I set a pretty high BIN price for that one (at least I think that's high - I can never predict what these will go for, so I just sort of wing it when I list). 

Here is a shot of the two sketches I listed, in scale next to each other.  They are listed separately, however. 

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2013, 10:42:50 PM »
Hey guys... I decided to list two of my sketch card pulls on eBay, including the Brent Engstrom/Smokin Joe artist's jam supersize sketch card I was lucky enough to get.  I set a pretty high BIN price for that one (at least I think that's high - I can never predict what these will go for, so I just sort of wing it when I list). 

Here is a shot of the two sketches I listed, in scale next to each other.  They are listed separately, however. 

You didn't add make an offer so you must think it will go that high. I just put in a bid so good luck!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2013, 10:46:09 PM »

I think Smokin' Joe just raised the bar towards Engstrom. Brent, you need to bring your "A" game LOL

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »

Here are a few of my returns.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
You didn't add make an offer so you must think it will go that high. I just put in a bid so good luck!

Not at all... if I thought it would go that high. as you assume I must think it will, I would only list the BIN and wouldn't have any other alternative.  

I rarely sell things and when I do, I don't ever list with make an offer.  

I just always list with a lower starting price and typically with what I consider would be a best-case (for me, anyway) BIN.   I've had all manner of conclusions with this approach.. sometimes people grab the BIN, sometimes people put in a starting bid and it goes for that one bid, and sometimes people opt to bid and the thing sells for more than my best-case BIN price (happened once or twice - I was shocked both times - revealing how little I understand about sketch pricing).  

I guess now that you point out a make-me-an-offer option, that might be a good idea for next time.  

Maybe my approach isn't the best, but to be clear, my lack of including an offer option certainly doesn't indicate what I think it will sell for.   I tend to wing it.  

On the other hand, I DO think it'll at least sell for my lower starting bid, which is why I include THAT in addition to the BIN.   And on this pair of listings, after ten minutes, I am 50% right so far.

I guess my logic such as it is, is that I'm willing to put out what I feel is a higher-end guestimate top price if someone really wants to guarantee the win (my BIN) but beyond that, I am looking to sell and I don't mind letting the open market determine the best offer for the piece, even if that's significantly lower than that best case BIN.

Oh and thanks for the bid.  That was quick! 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:08:45 PM by JasonLiebig »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2013, 11:09:35 PM »
Not at all... if I thought it would go that high. as you assume I must think it will, I would only list the BIN and wouldn't have any other alternative.   

I rarely sell things and when I do, I don't ever list with make an offer. 

I just always list with a lower starting price and typically with what I consider would be a best-case (for me, anyway) BIN.   I've had all manner of conclusions with this approach.. sometimes people grab the BIN, sometimes people put in a starting bid and it goes for that one bid, and sometimes people opt to bid and the thing sells for more than my best-case BIN price (happened once or twice - I was shocked both times - revealing how little I understand about sketch pricing). 

I guess now that you point out a make-me-an-offer option, that might be a good idea for next time. 

Maybe my approach isn't the best, but to be clear, my lack of including an offer option certainly doesn't indicate what I think it will sell for.   I tend to wing it. 

On the other hand, I DO think it'll at least sell for my lower starting bid, which is why I include THAT in addition to the BIN.   And on this pair of listings, after ten minutes, I am 50% right so far.

I guess my logic such as it is, is that I'm willing to put out what I feel is a higher-end guestimate top price if someone really wants to guarantee the win (my BIN) but beyond that, I am looking to sell and I don't mind letting the open market determine the best offer for the piece, even if that's significantly lower than that best case BIN.

I'm just messing with you. I put in a bid but it may not hold. People have to realize the older sketch prices are a thing of the past. It's actually comical when there is a big BIN because those days are over. The big collectors have run out of cash.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2013, 11:21:48 PM »
I'm just messing with you. I put in a bid but it may not hold. People have to realize the older sketch prices are a thing of the past. It's actually comical when there is a big BIN because those days are over. The big collectors have run out of cash.

The big collectors have run out cash?  Sounds kind of like a bummer and not very comical at all.  Bad news for the hobby, I'd assume (though maybe good for it, long-term).

Well, obviously I hope you're wrong in the short-term.. Clearly, I hope I do well with these auctions.  Comical BIN prices and cash-strapped big collectors notwithstanding.   Also it's clear that while i want everyone to bid on my listings, you'd rather no one else bids against you.  If your prediction holds, the card is yours.  :-)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:25:42 PM by JasonLiebig »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »

Jason, a trio of the Monster Cereal characters, very cool and great work as always.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2013, 11:26:32 PM »

These are dynamite.

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2013, 11:35:49 PM »
Thanks, Joe and Jason! Yes, the Holy Trinity of cereals, in my opinion. Welcome to the Wacky fold, Joe. Loving your work, my friend. Jason, thanks for the great comment. Very much appreciated.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2013, 04:57:15 AM »

Amazing! Your BEST work to date! Trifecta!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:59:31 AM by koduck »

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2013, 08:14:54 AM »
Neil! Thank you sir. Your comments always inspire and, as always, your work continues to amaze. This is a great series!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »
Here's the nice bunch of sketches I pulled.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2013, 09:03:49 AM »

YOU DID GOOD
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »

Nice pulls Doc. Love the Killing Croc.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2013, 09:42:33 AM »
Here are my sketch pulls:

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »

oh please oh please, let one of these be for me!

For it was not to be.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
Got my three packs today and decided to be a sport and open them. Sigh. Two corn flames (Brent: I loved your Groundhog's Day work, but $52.99 each for two of these is pretty frustrating...).

I pulled a David Gross "Gloomy Bears" that will be going up on eBay tomorrow night unless someone wants it first. If you do, send me a PM with your best offer:

[expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/Wackys/WackyPC9_DavidGrossGloomyBears.jpg[/expando]

I did manage to pull all 6 bio cards, so that was something. But I have to say I will probably just be doing the Halloween PC's from here on out.  :sad:

P.S.  Postimage seems to be having problems. Loading super slow. Also I think people need to use the "expando" tag so we see thumbnails here or use thumbnails for links or something. Have a feeling it is the larger size photos (from iPhones for example) plus Postimage running slowly.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:42:15 PM by Porkie »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2013, 12:57:23 PM »
Got my three packs today and decided to be a sport and open them. Sigh. Two corn flames (Brent: I loved your Groundhog's Day work, but $52.99 each for two of these is pretty frustrating...).

I pulled a David Gross "Gloomy Bears" that will be going up on eBay tomorrow night unless someone wants it first. If you do, send me a PM with your best offer:

[expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/Wackys/WackyPC9_DavidGrossGloomyBears.jpg[/expando]

I did manage to pull all 6 bio cards, so that was something. But I have to say I will probably just be doing the Halloween PC's from here on out.  :sad:

P.S.  Postimage seems to be having problems. Loading super slow. Also I think people need to use the "expando" tag so we see thumbnails here or use thumbnails for links or something. Have a feeling it is the larger size photos (from iPhones for example) plus Postimage running slowly.

Makes me really afraid to open my limited postcards.....not here yet, expected tomorrow. And don't believe the wacky website - showed delivery received 2 days after my purchase so I panicked alittle as it didn't get to me by then - found out the delivery was from NY to N Jersey!!! Then was shipped off to California....
Alex

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »
Here are the 3 sketches I pulled. Two of them are nice Neil Camera sketches already shown here. I think I did pretty well.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
Here are the 3 sketches I pulled. Two of them are nice Neil Camera sketches already shown here. I think I did pretty well.

Those are nice, but you've got one each of Kirscht, Gross and Camera.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2013, 02:47:02 PM »

Whoa, that's one of the N Cameras that I wanted lol....Congrats
A

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2013, 03:39:07 PM »
here's mine that I got today. Really loving all the RE stickers, lots of detail, use of shape, shading, etc.. Debating whether to try and trade the cool Croc for another nice Ruffs, or maybe a Ruffs to get more variety.

and while I too got a Engstrom chicken - this fowl is red hot! and a keeper.

[expando]http://i42.tinypic.com/2rnvp7m.jpg[/expando]

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2013, 04:39:25 PM »

Surprisingly this is only the first N.C. sketch (p.c) I've gotten since multiple artists starting working on the sketches. Both look good. Now I wonder if the non-limited edition set might be worth a buy.

Online bigtomi

« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2013, 06:17:01 PM »
I've had mine for several days already, but just getting to post now. For what I paid for an LE and RE set, I think I did fine. My pulls:

anything